Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's another fact, Glaston. We could go out and lose 6-0 tonight at Stoke and still be above Spuds in the league.

4 games into the season and your crowing about being 1 point above Spurs?

It sounds a bit desperate to me, but I guess it's understandable when you've already conceded 8 Prem goals (the worst in the league so far) and have again been knocked out of Europe at the first time of asking.

*Edited* - I'm not getting banned for this troll.

The thing that shows up Spurs the most is their absolute complete obsession with Arsenal.

They are totally consumed by them. Even the very knowledgeable Spurs fans I know are completley obsessed with them, whilst the Arsenal fans I know dislike them but consider them an annoyance and have bigger fish to fry.

A couple of examples is their 5-1 win over Arsenal reserves a couple of years ago. They still go on about, have pictures of the scoreboard all over their facebook profiles and basically consider it the biggest result in their history (it would seem).

Another is when Arsenal got to the champs league final in 06 and hundreds if not thousands went out and bought Barcelona shirts. Sad bastards.

Biggest example of an inferiority complex I've ever seen.

Indeed. They're just like bluenoses. You can't talk to a bluenose without the old tired "SOTV" making an appearance...

I'd add Man City and Everton to that list*.

Screwtape Proposes a Toast)"]

No man who says I’m as good as you believes it. He would not say it if he did. The St. Bernard never says it to the toy dog, nor the scholar to the dunce, nor the employable to the bum, nor the pretty woman to the plain. The claim to equality, outside the strictly political field, is made only by those who feel themselves to be in some way inferior. What it expresses is precisely the itching, smarting, writhing awareness of an inferiority which the patient refuses to accept.

And therefore resents.

*: interesting to note that all four of them have blue as a major color in their kits this season while their hated betters are all dominated by more reddish shades. Is there a single instance in England of a local derby where the red side has tended in recent decades to be below the blue side?

The thing that shows up Spurs the most is their absolute complete obsession with Arsenal.They are totally consumed by them. Even the very knowledgeable Spurs fans I know are completley obsessed with them, whilst the Arsenal fans I know dislike them but consider them an annoyance and have bigger fish to fry.

A couple of examples is their 5-1 win over Arsenal reserves a couple of years ago. They still go on about, have pictures of the scoreboard all over their facebook profiles and basically consider it the biggest result in their history (it would seem).

Another is when Arsenal got to the champs league final in 06 and hundreds if not thousands went out and bought Barcelona shirts. Sad bastards.

Biggest example of an inferiority complex I've ever seen.

:D I'm a member of several Spurs forums and can honeslty say that there are certainly no threads fo this length about Arsenal. In fact isn't this the second huge thread on Spurs in the last year or so.

I think it's fair to say we are more concerend with Arsenal than they are of us, but that's due to the success they've had in recent years. If we were doing better than them, then they'd probably look for any reasons to criticse us. It's just the way football works and probably explains this thread. I know it's an annoying phrase not meant to wind people up, but there is currently definitely an inferiority complex amongst Villa fans concerning Spurs. I'm not just saying this in retort to you saying we have it against Arsenal, as I've said it before earlier in this thread. And it's true, we do definitlely have an inferiroty complex concerning Arsenal, but it deosn't seem to as bad as the fascination Villa fans on this forum have towards Spurs. I'm genuinley not trying to piss you lot off, but it is true. Forums are the biggest single representation of a clubs fans we ever seen. In the past we could only gage opinion from radio phone ins and the like. But now thanks to the interent we can on mass what groups of fans are like. This is the biggest Villa forum and there does seem to be a bizarre amount of interest in Spurs. Take Brumstopdogs for example, I'd say 1/4 of all his posts are to do with Spurs. Type the word Spurs or Tottenham into the search engine in the Villa section of this forum and the return is amazing. Type Arseanl into a Spurs forum search enghine and you wont get anywhere near the same results.

I apologize for coming onto a Villa forum and posting in a way that is likely to antagonize so frequently, but it's only ever to point out the hypocrisy. I genuinley only joined this forum as I enjoy talking about football with fans from other clubs to get their perspective, but it's difficult not to respond to so much of the stuff here regarding Spurs.

And here's another fact, Glaston. We could go out and lose 6-0 tonight at Stoke and still be above Spuds in the league.

4 games into the season and your crowing about being 1 point above Spurs?

It sounds a bit desperate to me, but I guess it's understandable when you've already conceded 8 Prem goals (the worst in the league so far) and have again been knocked out of Europe at the first time of asking.

Please get your facts striaght before trying to have a dig, now i know maths has never been a strong point for you, judging from you trying to claim spurs have won more cups than villa. but i hate to break the news to you, West Ham have conceeded 12 goals so far.

1-2 come on bremen!

agree trent a win is very impressive, a draw is a good result IMO as its almost a shoot out between these 2 for 2nd place, unfortunately they are missing the 2 cbs that might have given crouch a run for his money, he doesnt have much height advantage over naldo and mertersacker, anyone watching tell me if lennon is tearing silvestre apart?

1-2 come on bremen!

agree trent a win is very impressive, a draw is a good result IMO as its almost a shoot out between these 2 for 2nd place, unfortunately they are missing the 2 cbs that might have given crouch a run for his money, he doesnt have much height advantage over naldo and mertersacker, anyone watching tell me if lennon is tearing silvestre apart?

Was more Bale tearing Fritz apart.

so i suppose tonight glaston is busy over on a real madrid site coming up with reasons as to why the 9 europen cups they've won so far dont mean anything

:crylaugh:

I think it's fair to say we are more concerend with Arsenal than they are of us, but that's due to the success they've had in recent years. If we were doing better than them, then they'd probably look for any reasons to criticse us.

Which is fair.

It's just the way football works and probably explains this thread.

I know it's an annoying phrase not meant to wind people up, but there is currently definitely an inferiority complex amongst Villa fans concerning Spurs. I'm not just saying this in retort to you saying we have it against Arsenal, as I've said it before earlier in this thread. And it's true, we do definitlely have an inferiroty complex concerning Arsenal, but it deosn't seem to as bad as the fascination Villa fans on this forum have towards Spurs. I'm genuinley not trying to piss you lot off, but it is true.

This is not correct. This thread has been going for nearly 12 months, when Spuds were bottom of the league. The previous thread was going for about three years. Spuds finished a mere six points above Villa last season, but for the previous two seasons Villa had finished 11 and 14 points above Spuds.

You can't have an inferiority complex with a club achieving less.

The reason we don't like Spuds is the media wankfest and the massive word removed of a manager. That's about it. And Glaston's PR campaign (which has been molested in the statistical sense more than Josef Fritzl's kids), which is so **** boring it makes me want to cut myself. Repeatedly.

I apologize for coming onto a Villa forum and posting in a way that is likely to antagonize so frequently, but it's only ever to point out the hypocrisy. I genuinley only joined this forum as I enjoy talking about football with fans from other clubs to get their perspective, but it's difficult not to respond to so much of the stuff here regarding Spurs.

So ignore it. You may support Spuds but you don't have to PR for them.

I like you and Simply Spudfect as fans of another club. Your usually balanced posts make your compatriot Glaston look like a total bellend.

I post on an Arsenal forum now and again and have never once got into an argument in over four years. They know I am Villa, I have it in my profile on there, but I talk football and I use the off topic sections to communicate with them. If I tried a Villa PR campaign they would hound me senseless. So I don't.

Â