Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

What a nice way to answer what seems like a pretty genuine and reasonable question.

Do you seriously suppose that a thread titled "... Spuds/Redknobb Hatefest" - a thread now running to nearly 250 pages - contains many "pretty genuine and reasonable" questions?

Aside from the fact that the longevity of this thread borders on obsessive (and constantly remains on page 1 even if come back to visit the VT site after many weeks absence) - 95% of the Villa-fans posts in this thread are increasingly desperate attempts to knock Spurs and everything to do with Spurs, mixed in with heaps of childish abuse. There is very little attempt at reasonable discussion.

However, to answer the "reasonable" question you refer to, what Redknapp actually said, when asked if he would turn down England job, is this:

"No, but I don’t want to start saying I want the England job, because I don’t. I’m not saying that. It’s not something I push myself for. People will always take it because, if you’re English, it’s the pinnacle of your career if you’re in management. You’ve got to take the job if you get offered it."

So, he's not pushing to get the England job, but will accept it if offered because he doesn't feel that the high honour of managing England is a job that any English manager should refuse if offered.

That's somewhat different from how the post in question phrased it, namely: "... he wants to quit the job in 2 years time", as if he's desperate to escape from the terrible prospect of managing Spurs in the Champion's League and the possbility of pushing on further in the league.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glaston's right on this one. 'Arry won't leave Spurs for the England job for two reasons:

1) Woy will get the job. He dicks on 'Arry.

2) 'Arry will have already left Spurs for some form of underhanded financial gain by 2012 (whether or not he will break his perfect record of leaving clubs with unmanageable wage bills in that short of a stint remains to seen).

What a nice way to answer what seems like a pretty genuine and reasonable question.

Do you seriously suppose that a thread titled "... Spuds/Redknobb Hatefest" - a thread now running to nearly 250 pages - contains many "pretty genuine and reasonable" questions?

I would say "probably not since you're one of it's main contributors", but that's too easy.

I don't know if it's your inferiority complex, but when somebody asks a Spurs related question, in a Spurs related forum, to a Spurs fan it seems very odd that you would make the answer about Villa. :?

I would say "probably not since you're one of it's main contributors", but that's too easy.

I don't know if it's your inferiority complex, but when somebody asks a Spurs related question, in a Spurs related forum, to a Spurs fan it seems very odd that you would make the answer about Villa. :?

:lol: Busted

How do Spurs fans feel about Redknapp essentially saying that he wants to quit the job in 2 years time?

Better than Villa fans feel about a manager who ditched them without prior notice just days before the season began.

And doubtless better than Villa fans feel about a replacement manager who has said that Villa's natural station is somewhere between 7th and 12th place, who has also compared Villa unfavourably with his former club (Liverpool), and who, although apparently appointed as manager, won't actually become manager until some unspecified future date.

It may be a step down for you, Monsieur Houllier, but I'm sure Villa fans will take you into their warm embrace anyhow ..... whenever you arrive that is.

Your manager is a despicable piece of shit who will turn his back on you given half a chance.

Prostitutes deserve more respect than that cockmaster.

Aside from the fact that the longevity of this thread borders on obsessive (and constantly remains on page 1 even if come back to visit the VT site after many weeks absence) - 95% of the Villa-fans posts in this thread are increasingly desperate attempts to knock Spurs and everything to do with Spurs, mixed in with heaps of childish abuse. There is very little attempt at reasonable discussion.

However, to answer the "reasonable" question you refer to, what Redknapp actually said, when asked if he would turn down England job, is this:

"No, but I don’t want to start saying I want the England job, because I don’t. I’m not saying that. It’s not something I push myself for. People will always take it because, if you’re English, it’s the pinnacle of your career if you’re in management. You’ve got to take the job if you get offered it."

So, he's not pushing to get the England job, but will accept it if offered because he doesn't feel that the high honour of managing England is a job that any English manager should refuse if offered.

That's somewhat different from how the post in question phrased it, namely: "... he wants to quit the job in 2 years time", as if he's desperate to escape from the terrible prospect of managing Spurs in the Champion's League and the possbility of pushing on further in the league.

He is pushing for the England job. He has been since the World Cup exit.

You know it.

We all know it.

Just admit it and stop making a cock of yourself.

You like to dish it out, but don't like it when it's dished back it seems.

Have you heard the saying about heat and kitchens?

Last time I checked this was a Villa kitchen though. I wouldn't go into a Spurs kitchen and shit in the chef's stew.

He is pushing for the England job. He has been since the World Cup exit.

You know it.

We all know it.

Just admit it and stop making a cock of yourself.

Which is true.

... How would you feel if he accepted the England job in 2 years time? ...

Isn't the answer obvious? I'd understand why he'd taken the new offer given that he's already explained his feelings about it, I'd be wishing that he'd stayed and be hoping that (a) whoever came in to replace him would prove to be as good or better; and (B) that the squad's continuity of development wouldn't be damaged.

Glaston's right on this one. 'Arry won't leave Spurs for the England job for two reasons:

1) Woy will get the job. He dicks on 'Arry.

2) 'Arry will have already left Spurs for some form of underhanded financial gain by 2012 (whether or not he will break his perfect record of leaving clubs with unmanageable wage bills in that short of a stint remains to seen).

This is how 'arry willl look preparing his next team

article-1218935-0537AF4A0000044D-964_468x286.jpg

Your manager is a despicable piece of shit who will turn his back on you given half a chance ....

As I've already said, your (now ex) manager has already turned his back on you: those who live in glass houses would be wise not to throw stones.

**** Martin O'Neill, I don't give a **** what that cockmaster does now.

What is your point? We're not talking about Martin O'Neill here.

And for the record, I will throw as many **** stones as I **** like.

Your manager is a despicable piece of shit who will turn his back on you given half a chance ....

As I've already said, your (now ex) manager has already turned his back on you: those who live in glass houses would be wise not to throw stones.

As you say, he's our ex manager so how would that mean he is in a 'glass house'?

your statement doesn't make sense at all there. Completely contradicted yourself.

As we're doing proverbs: those who enter a lions den would be wise not to provoke the lions.

GlastonSpur may as well have "Virgin" under his name on here. Never have I seen a more blindingly obvious example.

He argues with same blindness, obnoxiousness and, I guess, passion as other (normal) people do about the opposite (or same) sex.

How old are you anyway, guy? I'm guessing mid to late thirties and still living at home with posters of Gary Mabbutt and Andy Sinton on your wall.

Spurs were good for the first 30mins today but once Modric was injured they were very poor. If it wasn't for a couple good saves late on from they wouldn't have managed to hang on for the point.

I think they will find it tricky playing mid week games with their full strength team on top of their weekend fixtures.

Â