Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

interesting article from candleface. Nothing imminent and a sell to buy policy. Be good to hear Glastons comments, after making top 4 i expected a big push from spurs. click me

My my, The mighty (best run, financially sound, can afford anyone they want) Spurs have a "Sell to Buy" policy.

And Glaston turns up on VT having a dig about the Milner situ.

Notice he's not here to refute the quotes as a "fabrication" and just good ole candleface puting the press of the scent.

Come on the Glasto, tell us the truth

i think it also suggests that should the Milner deal go through, i would expect to see Keane and maybe another Spuds player heading this way.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could see MON spunking 20 million of the milner money on Keane Bentley or Jenas while spurs reduce their wage bill by offloading some of their shitter injury prone players and using the money to sign stephen ireland.

... Notice he's not here to refute the quotes as a "fabrication" and just good ole candleface puting the press of the scent.

As I've already said in another thread ....

... the background context is that Spurs have already spent 7.5m (not an insignificant sum of money) on signing the Brazilian U-21 captain, Sandro.

Beyond that, I wouldn't take most of Harry's comments on transfers at face value. Any club wishing to sign players is hardly going say "yeah, we've got some money", since that won't help the cause of getting a decent bargain. Harry says lots of things, many of them mind-games or throw-away comments: I'm pretty sure Spurs can find the cash - without necessarily neediing to first sell - if the right player becomes available at a fair price.

I think City are having an effect on the transfer market for many Prem clubs, because no one is willing or able to complete with them on price and some selling clubs, players and agents are holding out for a possible City bid. So probably not much will happen until City have completed their spending splurge (or until the last few days of the window arrive and it dawns on some agents/club that their player is not getting a mega-bucks offer from City).

IMO Spurs are not in great need of changing their squad - because the depth is pretty reasonable and most of the current players will likely improve again further next season given the ages of most of the players and accumulating Prem experience. Ideally I'd like to see us sign another CB (because of the Woodgate situation), a striker to replace Keane (assuming he's sold) and a pacy midfield attacker to provide further options. But it won't be a disaster if none of these things happen.

... Notice he's not here to refute the quotes as a "fabrication" and just good ole candleface puting the press of the scent.

As I've already said in another thread ....

... the background context is that Spurs have already spent 7.5m (not an insignificant sum of money) on signing the Brazilian U-21 captain, Sandro.

Beyond that, I wouldn't take most of Harry's comments on transfers at face value. Any club wishing to sign players is hardly going say "yeah, we've got some money", since that won't help the cause of getting a decent bargain. Harry says lots of things, many of them mind-games or throw-away comments: I'm pretty sure Spurs can find the cash - without necessarily neediing to first sell - if the right player becomes available at a fair price.

I think City are having an effect on the transfer market for many Prem clubs, because no one is willing or able to complete with them on price and some selling clubs, players and agents are holding out for a possible City bid. So probably not much will happen until City have completed their spending splurge (or until the last few days of the window arrive and it dawns on some agents/club that their player is not getting a mega-bucks offer from City).

IMO Spurs are not in great need of changing their squad - because the depth is pretty reasonable and most of the current players will likely improve again further next season given the ages of most of the players and accumulating Prem experience. Ideally I'd like to see us sign another CB (because of the Woodgate situation), a striker to replace Keane (assuming he's sold) and a pacy midfield attacker to provide further options. But it won't be a disaster if none of these things happen.

all fair comments Glaston, i dont think your in a far different position to us to be honest. For all the comments im fairly sure that money would be available if the right player came along and i expect us to be a better side last year as the likes of Young, Gabby and maybe even Milner continue to improve.

Personally i think you should look to improve if you want to hold on to 4th. I think you'll see a better Liverpool and much improved City. Im hoping for another close season.

Well that's the same with nearly every club in the PL.

iven the ages of most of the players and accumulating Prem experience. Ideally I'd like to see us sign another CB (because of the Woodgate situation)

He finally admits Woodgate is a crock. This, my friends, is a monumental occasion for VillaTalk. :)

Haha do you remember two seasons ago when Spurs were tearing it up in preseason under Ramos? Dos Santos got 5 assists or something against Leyton Orient? Glaston was being all cockney wideboy about how Ramos and Spurs were going places? Good times :D

iven the ages of most of the players and accumulating Prem experience. Ideally I'd like to see us sign another CB (because of the Woodgate situation)

He finally admits Woodgate is a crock. This, my friends, is a monumental occasion for VillaTalk. :)

He hasn't mentioned the other crock King though - how many games will he play this season???

Spurtzzz need a couple of centre backs IMO...

Haha do you remember two seasons ago when Spurs were tearing it up in preseason under Ramos? Dos Santos got 5 assists or something against Leyton Orient? Glaston was being all cockney wideboy about how Ramos and Spurs were going places? Good times :D

And then two years later they broke into the top four? Good times.

And then two years later they broke into the top four? Good times.

Exactly so. Plus Dos Santos has only recently turned 21 and - for those VTers who maybe hadn't noticed - looks to be turning into quite some player.

Sure, progress has sometimes been one step back and then two steps forward, but why focus on the one step back and not the more important two steps forward? These silly posts from some VTers - desperate to find some stick with which to beat Spurs - are really quite amusing given how Spurs continue to generally kick on in all areas.

I don't post in this thread usually, but reading some of the previous comments by Villa fans, I felt I needed to produce a message.

We're not all bitter and jealous Villa fans. Fair play to Tottenham Hotspur and Harry Redknapp for getting in the top 4. Whilst I feel it's been due to the money spent, it's still a difficult task.

Hopefully you'll get past your qualifier for the Champions League so my SKY subscription is filled with English teams in Europe, of whom I will watch, rather than some other European based team I couldn't care less about.

I can understand people are bitter towards Man City. In fact, I don't really understand that either. If we had the money of Spurs and Man City, we'd be loving it. It's pure jealousy.

Fair play to Spurs and good luck for the season - though not at the expense of the Villa. :winkold:

Any of our resident Yids attending this Saturday's friendly?

I'll be taking my nephew on his first trip down to watch them live, providing the weather is okay.

Good team to be playing for his first trip, better teach him how to deal with defeat beforehand though. :D

I'm so gonna regret having said that now!

If you see a tubby bearded man yelling about unrequited man-love at Riccardo Montolivo, that'll be me.

Â