Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate Redknapp but credit to Spuds they deserve 4th after this week and if they get 4th it will be better as previously mentiod if Citeh get their the top4 will be a monopoly again.

I think it might also end the debate that Redknapp is better than MON :oops:

Hardly. Redknapp needs to do better than having 1 great season to be put above MON, though that's just my opinion.

FA Cup at Pompey after saving them from certain relegation in 2005/06. Also at Spurs they were bottom when he took over

Hardly. Redknapp needs to do better than having 1 great season to be put above MON, though that's just my opinion.

FA Cup at Pompey after saving them from certain relegation in 2005/06. Also at Spurs they were bottom when he took over

Also took Southampton down.

Also took Southampton down.

Southampton were in big trouble when he took over and he got them to the last day with a chance of survival

i'd have prefered Liverpool to get 4th if anything.

Me too.

But if I had to pick between spuds and shitty, I would probably prefer spuds to grab fourth spot.

It has to be spuds if we can't do it as the worst thing for English football would be citeh getting 4th this year.

I disagree, I think it'd be better.

City have unlimited money anyways, so them making the CL really doesn't make a difference to them, but it'll hurt Liverpool/Spurs who didn't qualify. If Spurs were to qualify, then they'd get the CL exposure and Man City would still be able to sign top players.

Man City did not find it easy to sign players last summer, if the make the CL, they will start finding it much easier. Id rather have Man C having loads of money but no CL to draw players in, and Spurs having not as much money but the bonus of CL, than Man City having them both and tightening their grip on being in Englands top 4. ANyway, who's to say whoever gets 4th will be get past qualifying anyway? Everton never managed it.

Yes, his FA Cup win was good, but he basically spent Pompey into obvlivion to win it. MON won trophies with Leicester on a small budget.

He didn't save them from certain relegation at all. When he took over Pompey for a 2nd time they weren't even in the relegation zone.

Spurs were bottom when he took over, he does a good job in reminding everyone that. But I hardly see what he did last season as a great accompishment, Ramos just did a bad job.

Spurs were bottom when he took over, he does a good job in reminding everyone that. But I hardly see what he did last season as a great accompishment, Ramos just did a bad job.

To be honest, I agree with this. The squad that Redknapp inherited was massively underachieving. Ramos should've at least had us in the top 10, regardless of circumstances. The fact that Spurs were bottom when Redknapp took over was much more a slur an Ramos' abilities than the quality of Spurs' team.

All Redknapp has done so far is removing the damage that Ramos caused. Spurs are currently where they were when Jol was in charge, ie top six, challenging top four.

If Redknapp does guide us to fourth place this season then I think it's very fair to say he's done a fantastic job, considering the ridiculous amount of injuries Spurs have been plagued with all season.

Well done Spurs. If they had finished 4th without beating either Chelsea, Arsenal or Man United, you may feel that they were a little undeserving. But you can't deny them their victories so far, they absolutely battered both Arsenal and Chelsea, mucho kudos. They did it without Crouch yesterday also, so much less hoooooooof.

Still would prefer them to Man City. On form, you have to fancy Spurs to get a result against Man United too.

My oh my Bale looks good as a winger. Teams need to wise up to him, I remember Ash Young having the same impact when he was left 1 on 1 with fullbacks. He's fast as foook too, he make Zirkov look slow, and he aint.

Can't say they don't deserve it as much as I hate them.

Let's compare the midfield;

Petrov,

Milner,

Delph,

Reo-Coker,

Sidwell,

Young,

Downing,

Salifou.

Modric,

Kranjcar,

Palacios,

Bentley,

Lennon,

Jenas,

Huddlestone,

Rose,

Bale.

We so deserve that 4th spot...

Fair play to them beating Chelsea but the Arsenal win wasnt all that impressive if ever any team in the world wanted to play Arsenal its now.No Gallas,Fabregas,Arshavin,Song,Vermaelen(injured 19 min),Van Persie(20 mins sub appereance after been out most the season)atleast 5 of there most important players injured.Watching them vs Wigan now and Arsenal look useless i wish we had them next :/

Looks like Spurs are getting Mrs lady luck when it matters.

Fair play to them beating Chelsea but the Arsenal win wasnt all that impressive if ever any team in the world wanted to play Arsenal its now.No Gallas,Fabregas,Arshavin,Song,Vermaelen(injured 19 min),Van Persie(20 mins sub appereance after been out most the season)atleast 5 of there most important players injured.Watching them vs Wigan now and Arsenal look useless i wish we had them next :/

Looks like Spurs are getting Mrs lady luck when it matters.

Spurs were without Corluka, Woodgate, Palacios and Lennon, though. Plus Huddlestone and Defoe not being fully fit.

Come on, man, Spurs have been without several key players for the whole season. When Spurs lost to Arsenal earlier in the season, they were without Woodgate, Dawson, Bale, Modric, Kranjcar, Lennon, Huddlestone and Defoe.

Â