Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been in midfield though haven't they?

He is a talented footballer just not a talented defender in my view.

Without checking I'd guess he's played 50% of the time at LB and 50% in LW.

The majority of Spurs fans (I'd say) think he's better at LB, because there he gets more space and time in which to make his forward run from deep, whereas in LW the opposition players get more chance to get close to him as soon as he gets the ball. But he's been effective in both positions.

What I really like about him is his direct style of play, always arrowing for the penalty box jugular on either the inside or outside: give him half a yard of space, or a small gap, and he's through.

I'm really looking forward to Lennon's return, because with Bale on the other flank opposition teams won't be able to afford to try and double-team either player.

I'm really looking forward to Lennon's return, because with Bale on the other flank opposition teams won't be able to afford to try and double-team either.

We thought that in relation to Downing and Young but it isn't automatically true, it also brings with it other issues in relation to team balance and dynamics. It might work with him having also played in defence although you can probably tell I don't rate the defensive side of his game but it might not be the golden ticket you hope.

Aye, could also leave you more open for the middle two whoever that will be out of Krankjaer, Modric, Palacios and Huddlestone.

Jenas has dropped right off the radar (maybe not a co-incidence to Spur's excellent form), I can see us signing him!

.... We thought that in relation to Downing and Young but it isn't automatically true, it also brings with it other issues in relation to team balance and dynamics. It might work with him having also played in defence although you can probably tell I don't rate the defensive side of his game but it might not be the golden ticket you hope.

I'm thinking more of Bale at LB and Lennon in RW, with Modric playing ahead of Bale in a nominal LM position ... Modric comes infield a lot anyhow, which suits Bale coming from deep to overlap ahead of him down the left flank.

I think it will work better than it does with Young and Downing, partly because Bale (I'd say) is a fair bit quicker than Downing (even if the latter has reasonable pace), and partly because Bale would be coming from deeper (than Downing) at LB, with thus more chance to get into his stride. Bale also seems keener than Downing to take on his man and get past him ... at least from what I've seen.

Defensively Bale has been pretty good this season - much improved. I can't really recall the last defensive mistake he's made. This is really the first time he's had a long run of regular games for Spurs, and he's taken his chance well.

Would rather Liverpool or City get it than them. I can't want a team managed by that horrid peice of work to acheive good things.
Rather Spurs, I feel we are very similar to them in many ways more than them two pieces of shite.

Had Jol or Ramos been in charge, sure, but when it comes to Redknapp.. nah, I think he's a disgrace to football. What he's done at his previous clubs is very poor, they guy has no morales at all and doesnt give a shit about anything but himself.

Villa

City

Liverpool

Spurs

Spurs are far from there yet ...

Very, very true.

At best we are currently very marginal favourites, but that position can (and probably will) change almost game by game.

Personally I think the next match for Spurs (Sunderland away) is the most key game out of all Spurs' remaining fixtures. Win that, and the psychological pressure on the other 3 contenders will become massive: they will all then be thinking that all of their remaining games become absolute "must wins" ... and playing under that sort of pressure tends not to produce good performances.

Not only this, but a win against Sunderland will considerably ease the pressure on Spurs going into our "3 tough fixtures" against Arsenal, Chelsea and Man. Utd.

It won't be easy to beat Sunderland, and we could lose. But Huddlestone is now back, Defoe will also be back for that game and Palacios will also be available (tho' 1 more yellow card in the next 2 games and he'll be banned for 2 games).

Would rather Liverpool or City get it than them. I can't want a team managed by that horrid peice of work to acheive good things.
Rather Spurs, I feel we are very similar to them in many ways more than them two pieces of shite.

Had Jol or Ramos been in charge, sure, but when it comes to Redknapp.. nah, I think he's a disgrace to football. What he's done at his previous clubs is very poor, they guy has no morales at all and doesnt give a shit about anything but himself.

Villa

City

Liverpool

Spurs

What about Barry? What about Rafa? both treated our club horrendously, Harry is :suspect: but he hasn't done anything to bother me or my club.

Â