Indian Girls

Voinjama

Hey I'm really really attracted to Indian girls, as in I prefer them to anything else, but I know how it is with the Indian community, they don't like their daughters to date outside their race, and will often go to dramatic lenghts to stop it. So me as a white guy will have no chance of being accepted by their parents. So my question is should i pursue my interest in Indian girls? Also have you or anyone you know been with an Indian girl in the past? If so what actually happened and question 3 would you ever go there.

I understand you my friend! I've always had a thing for Indian looking women also. My wife is Anglo-Indian and I remember the first time I ever set eyes on her... by far the most beautiful woman I have ever seen!

I am on the fortunate side in that I met one of the few anglo Indians around so not only has Western life and our ancestors already been accepted into the family, I get all the awesome bits like the culture and the year round tanned skin!

I've always been attracted to the Indian way of life; one of the most disappointing things about most of the younger Indian generation I've met in this country now is that they are very confused. Coconuts I call them... white on the inside, brown on the outside!

I went over to India in 2008 after I got married and stayed there for about 4 months. It was one hell of an experience... I'd honestly advise anyone to go over to a third world at some point in their life and then they will genuinely appreciate everything we have in this country. People wouldn't overly critizise the NHS, police or weather ever again. I'd even go as far as to say going to Villa Park to see us getting trashed by WBA is a blessing!

I've been happily married for coming up to 5 years, and wish you all the luck in the world finding your Indian love also! Don't give up, you won't be disappointed!

UTV.

I've always been attracted to the Indian way of life; one of the most disappointing things about most of the younger Indian generation I've met in this country now is that they are very confused. Coconuts I call them... white on the inside, brown on the outside!

Not following your parents culture does not make someone confused. :evil:

An Indian born in this country can follow any culture he/she wants, and seeing that they are British, surely following British culture makes them more sane.

I'd say that those Indians born in the UK, who still hang onto their parents views/culture/traditions, are the ones who are confused. Their parents original way of life has nothing to do with their own way of life. :?

as for the the coconuts comment, i find that quite derogatory.

i also find that the people who use that comment are normally backward in their thinking and have very closed minds. They are not willing to adapt, and they let their parents dictate their lives well into adulthood.

(not you as you've married into the culture, but some other indians).

An Indian born in this country can follow any culture he/she wants, and seeing that they are British, surely following British culture makes them more sane.

I'd say that those Indians born in the UK, who still hang onto their parents views/culture/traditions, are the ones who are confused. Their parents original way of life has nothing to do with their own way of life. :?

i also find that the people who use that comment are normally backward in their thinking and have very closed minds. They are not willing to adapt, and they let their parents dictate their lives well into adulthood.

Beat me to it. 'Transitional' generations are always interesting. But by the time you get down to 3rd, 4th, 5th gen, it's all become irrelevant. Nothing is culturally 'lost', it just gets thoroughly mixed in.

Beat me to it. 'Transitional' generations are always interesting. But by the time you get down to 3rd, 4th, 5th gen, it's all become irrelevant. Nothing is culturally 'lost', it just gets thoroughly mixed in.

It was a tongue in cheek comment and certainly didn't mean to cause any offense, and thinking about it it certainly wasn't the right thing to say on an open forum.

My points were mainly aimed towards the second generation of people where the parents immigrated into the country. It is bound to lead to some degree of confusion if your friends at school are practicing one way of life yet you go home to be taught another. At a young age impressions are huge and things don't make too much sense. This confusion is bound to have one affect or another on anybody, regardless of whether you choose to follow one way or another.

Certainly after being in India for a while the difference between the young adults there, and the young adults here is massive and I would certainly prefer the attitude of the young adults in India than that of the ones here. That's just my opinion though.

My points were mainly aimed towards the second generation of people where the parents immigrated into the country. It is bound to lead to some degree of confusion if your friends at school are practicing one way of life yet you go home to be taught another. At a young age impressions are huge and things don't make too much sense. This confusion is bound to have one affect or another on anybody, regardless of whether you choose to follow one way or another.

I am one of the second-generation, my parents were born outside the UK and emigrated here. I never had any confusion at school, both cultures just seamlessly merged into one.

It probably helped that my parents were pretty laid back and adaptable themselves, so let me just get on with things in the way i wanted to.

I can see how some people would be confused though, mainly where the parents have a closed mind and want their kids to follow the same lifestyle that they lived in a different country.

I worry about it for my kids though. I'm white, my wife was born in England to parents who moved here from India (Gujarat) and now we have two kids, a six year old girl and a baby boy. It's been interesting to see how my daughter is adapting to life at school as while there is a reasonably large number of Indian kids in her class she is the only mixed race one. She is too young to see the race thing at the moment, as far as she is concerned people are just people but I have noticed that she tends to be friendlier with the white kids in her class than the brown ones. She stands out just as much in a room full of Indian kids too because while her skin tone is brown, albeit slightly lighter than the others, her hair is brown too and that really contrasts with the jet black hair everybody else has.

ender4 is right about the "coconuts" comment though, I'm sure some people think its a clever and witty observation but its also bullshit. People are people and you should just let them get on with it. A lot of the Asian family values of today arent really that different to the values our grandparents held in the 1950s. Maybe a lot of white people did "westernise" a generation or two earlier but that just shows the fluidity of society, doesnt it?

I worry about it for my kids though. I'm white, my wife was born in England to parents who moved here from India (Gujarat) and now we have two kids, a six year old girl and a baby boy. It's been interesting to see how my daughter is adapting to life at school as while there is a reasonably large number of Indian kids in her class she is the only mixed race one. She is too young to see the race thing at the moment, as far as she is concerned people are just people but I have noticed that she tends to be friendlier with the white kids in her class than the brown ones. She stands out just as much in a room full of Indian kids too because while her skin tone is brown, albeit slightly lighter than the others, her hair is brown too and that really contrasts with the jet black hair everybody else has.

thats a good point about mixed-race kids. They probably will be more confused than a second generation Indian, as they don't quite fully fit in with the white kids, and don't quite fully fit in with the brown kids.

though in another sense, as they're a bit older (university age) that standing out difference will make them extra popular with the opposite sex. :)

Oriental fanny is my first love, although I'd have no problem with indian birds, any female with dark skin to be honest.

I'm in Thailand at the moment (with my wife), it's hard work walking around with my eyes on stalks at all the minge everywhere.

Thank the lord for mirror shades 8)

Oriental fanny is my first love, although I'd have no problem with indian birds, any female with dark skin to be honest.

I'm in Thailand at the moment (with my wife), it's hard work walking around with my eyes on stalks at all the minge everywhere.

Thank the lord for mirror shades 8)

Are you sure it's all minge though ? :winkold:

Â