Who is better... A. Young or Milner?

vivaashleyyoung

Who Is better, A Young or Milner  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is better, A Young or Milner

• Milner
    • Young

....it depends what you look for in a player.

but my advice with all players is this :

value them for what they do best, not what they do worst.

e.g. shorey will never be a bustling ,agressive, physical full back..... so don't judge him as one.

Good shout TRO and I know exactly what you mean regarding Shorey.

BTW another poster I see who has given up on the Mail's comedy forum!

Harry, i got fed up of having difficulty trying to log in with out success i just gave up.

I enjoy your posts and i have to say spookily agree with nearly everything Rickmeister posts....I have to read them twice to see if its mine, although he is a better writer than me.

VT is very good, but the essence is the variety its the spice of life..... its good that we don't all agree, so you can learn from the views of other folk.

Ps Voice of reason ought to come on and give us a blast..... don't necessarily agree with everything he say's..... but a good read.

Absolutely right TRO on all counts, there is a little more balance over here. Over there the lunatics seemingly have full control of the asylum but I would really like to see them chance their arm on this forum.

Close vote

Interesting

It fluctuates.

There was a time when people were calling Young world class and people were saying Milner was anonymous, overpriced, not good enough and why didn't we sign Bentley instead...

Young had a poor end to the season, Milner had a better one, then Milner did more in 20 minutes for England than Young did in 70 and that's why we have our poll results now...

Give it 3 months and Young will probably be miles ahead again in a similar poll.

Close vote

Interesting

who did you vote for pete, BTW?

to see the results, you must have voted yourself, no?

I cannot see the results, as i have not voted, as i would find it hard to say which player i think is better.

Based on this season, it has to be Milner. I've been watching him especially closely in these last few games and he's been phenomenal, his work rate is well talked about, but he's also barely misplaced a pass, his crossing has been great and his tackling has been spot on, all over the park. Young on the other hand has been very sparodic, he's been more moany than usual and he's going down much to easily.

Undoubtedly Young possesses more raw skill but I'd have Milner in my team ahead of him every day - on the showing of this season so far.

Ive gone for A Young, I think Milner works harder for the team and has more grit and determination but Ash can do something out of nothing, whether it be quality from a set piece or a goal or skinning a few defenders, i feel ash is a matchwinner and he could be quiet for 89 minutes yet still have the key to open up a team.

Jon if you do want to know, Young is winning 102, 91.

Ah, thanks for that.

Just wanted to know who was winning, so i could back the winning horse :lol: :winkold:

TBH, i still cannot really vote, as both have different attributes they bring to us, and both are top players who woukld be greatly missed were they not here.

I suppose it's similar to asking who is better Ronaldo or Rooney.

Rooney works harder, but Ronaldo is obviously a lot better technically and is clearly the better player.

It is the same with Ash and Jimmy. Milner's work rate cannot be faulted, but Ash is more exciting to watch and makes things happen, so my vote goes to him for that reason and I imagine the majority will be the same.

Spot on. Can't believe so many people think that Jimmy is in the same league to be honest! A few bigs clubs sniffing round Young this Summer for £25 odd million, don't think Jimmy would go for the same amount if he did attract any of the bigger clubs! No doubt Mili is in great form at the moment though!

I cannot see the results, as i have not voted, as i would find it hard to say which player i think is better.

Jon under the Poll is a button "view results" - you can see how the poll is doing without voting

Jon under the Poll is a button "view results" - you can see how the poll is doing without voting

ah :lol: :oops:

Â