Who is better... A. Young or Milner?

vivaashleyyoung

Who Is better, A Young or Milner  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is better, A Young or Milner

• Milner
    • Young

Milner's technical ability is greatly underrated on here, I see. I would put it at about the same level as Young's, possibly higher as he has a far better left foot, and I suspect he's better in the air (it would be difficult to be worse, tbf).

Ash is more dangerous because of his acceleration. Jimmy could be more dangerous shooting from distance, precisely because he can use either foot and is thus much harder to defend against.

Oh, and those who disagree with me know nothing, but absolutely nothing about football! (Sorry Roca :))

If I was married, Milner could impregnate my wife.

Hahahahahaha, jokes aside. Milner's work rate off the ball is excellent, while Youngs' is good.

Technically I think they are about the same. Except that Milner doesn't dive. My vote is for Milner, favorite Villan right now. But Young is right behind him, followed by NRC, Gabby and Guzan.

Apples and Oranges.

I think Young's energy and defensive ability is greatly underestimated. However, in terms of effort and industry he's still miles behind Milner. Aren't they all?

Ashley has more ability on the ball than any player we've had at this club since Merse and before him Yorke. He's in that sort of class. Jimmy is something entirely different and I can see both players progressing at a rate of knots over the next few years.

I voted for Ash because I think he has that extra touch of class. But horses for courses really.

Can't believe how many thought Jimmy was over priced. Including myself.

Our two best players currently....

Ashley has learned to cross again, so he's certainly a quality player..

But I've voted for Milner, just for consistency. Both of them at the top of their game, Ash wins it... but when Jimmy is off form he's still a bloody useful player to have on the pitch... when Ash is off form he's borderline liability.

Like a lot of players, Milner will be undervalued as his movement and dribbling is not as fluid as Young and he is therefore deemed not as good.

Milner possibly needs to score a little bit more and there will be no separating them.

I'm amazed anyone cares.

They're both in our team so that's good enough

Thats what I was thinking!

Although I will add, Ashleys body language and attitiude have been very suspect to me, a bit of "Im fantastic" about him, may just be me.

James Milner will just keep getting better and better, Great player.

It's like comparing Giggs and Beckham although that is hyperbole.

Have to agree with this. Ash is the quicker and to see him running at a full back is very exciting. His delivery is vicious, when he is on form, hence the reason we score so many ogs. Milner is currently the heartbeat of the team, alongside NRC.

Haven't voted. Couldn't ... didn't want to do. Love 'em both ... in a very manly way of course!

Milner's technical ability is greatly underrated on here, I see. I would put it at about the same level as Young's, possibly higher as he has a far better left foot, and I suspect he's better in the air (it would be difficult to be worse, tbf).

Ash is more dangerous because of his acceleration. Jimmy could be more dangerous shooting from distance, precisely because he can use either foot and is thus much harder to defend against.

Oh, and those who disagree with me know nothing, but absolutely nothing about football! (Sorry Roca :))

Milner is under rated technically because he's not lightning quick, but I rarely see him mis control a ball.

If Young chests the ball and flicks it on to Gabby for his goal against Fulham, people would be saying that's why he's so good etc, Milner does it and it doesn't get a mention. Milner's the better passer and he's definitely got the better shot, but Young has pace, is a better crosser and beats his man easier.

Milner has been improving his skills to beat players though, I've seen him beat a fair few FB's lately. Crossing is improving too, but when Young's crosses come in right they are best in the league.

Will say this: One thing that consistently impresses me about Milner is his ability to do the simple things so well. I've seen him leave several defenders on their arses a bunch of times with just a drop of the shoulder, he's so obviously learnt from John Robertson!

Both top players who would fit into just about any team in the league straight off. I`m glad they are both with us.

Still hear this long reverb of the complaints on here as to them being both overrated and overpriced.....

I did not vote, as they are different types of players.

Â