Who is better... A. Young or Milner?

vivaashleyyoung

Who Is better, A Young or Milner  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is better, A Young or Milner

• Milner
    • Young

I suppose it's similar to asking who is better Ronaldo or Rooney.

Rooney works harder, but Ronaldo is obviously a lot better technically and is clearly the better player.

It is the same with Ash and Jimmy. Milner's work rate cannot be faulted, but Ash is more exciting to watch and makes things happen, so my vote goes to him for that reason and I imagine the majority will be the same.

....it depends what you look for in a player.

but my advice with all players is this :

value them for what they do best, not what they do worst.

e.g. shorey will never be a bustling ,agressive, physical full back..... so don't judge him as one.

I suppose it's similar to asking who is better Ronaldo or Rooney.

Rooney works harder, but Ronaldo is obviously a lot better technically and is clearly the better player.

It is the same with Ash and Jimmy. Milner's work rate cannot be faulted, but Ash is more exciting to watch and makes things happen, so my vote goes to him for that reason and I imagine the majority will be the same.

bang on.

Young is the best winger in the league on his day. And in the top 5 when he is having an average time of it.

Milner by virtue of his superb work ethic.

And he is apparently RL's favorite player, according to a Villa employee I met recently.

They're different kinds of players, both excellent. They are equally good for me.

Milner is fast becoming one of my favourite Villa players of recent years because of his great attitude, something that sometimes lets Ash down a bit (falling over, moaning at refs ec).

But I think they are about equal where ability is concerned.

e.g. shorey will never be a bustling ,agressive, physical full back..... so don't judge him as one.

Good shout TRO and I know exactly what you mean regarding Shorey.

BTW another poster I see who has given up on the Mail's comedy forum!

Talent: Young, by a distance.

Attitude: Milner.

You need both to be great. Milner is probably the better player at the moment, though Ash seems to have found his dead ball delivery again this season.

Good shout TRO and I know exactly what you mean regarding Shorey.

BTW another poster I see who has given up on the Mail's comedy forum!

Harry, i got fed up of having difficulty trying to log in with out success i just gave up.

I enjoy your posts and i have to say spookily agree with nearly everything Rickmeister posts....I have to read them twice to see if its mine, although he is a better writer than me.

VT is very good, but the essence is the variety its the spice of life..... its good that we don't all agree, so you can learn from the views of other folk.

Ps Voice of reason ought to come on and give us a blast..... don't necessarily agree with everything he say's..... but a good read.

Milner for me. Young is more technically skilful, and more eye-catching. Milner is a far better team player, equally dangerous or more so, and a better footballer.

When Young stays on his feet and tackles back, which he does possibly more than he's given credit for, it's a close call.

by an absolute distance Ashley Young is technically better than Milner - in my opinion you can't compare the two in terms of raw, technical ability.

However Milner has heart and a lot of it his attitude is spot on. I really didn't rate him as a right winger when he joined (I still have my strong doubts) but he has won me over by his persistance and attitude.

Ash has his annoying habits which just goes to highlight the positives of Milner. So for me it's still Young >> Milner, however the way Milner is playing there's not many players I'd swap him for. If we had two Youngs maybe it wouldn't work?

It's like comparing Man Utd and Everton if you ask me - or Ronaldo or Park for that matter.

Young's current ability is higher and his potential is extremely high given his willingness to attack players and his lethal in-swingers.

Milner is more of a workhorse and has a consistent good level, but I do not see him getting insanely good in the future.

All in all, in terms of assets to their game Young clinches it easily and the ones who have voted for Milner doesn't know much about football ;)

Â