Who is better... A. Young or Milner?

vivaashleyyoung

Who Is better, A Young or Milner  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is better, A Young or Milner

• Milner
    • Young

Although I will add, Ashleys body language and attitiude have been very suspect to me, a bit of "Im fantastic" about him, may just be me.

Possibly, but his attitude towards winning games is fantastic. If we are say 2 goals down with 5 minutes to go, you can bet Ash is still giving all he can to help us get back; he's the last player to stop chasing defenders and trying to make things happen. The guy has a winner attitude.

Milner works very hard and I think he's wonderful, but Ash is a match winner and he's shining in our team because we're severely lacking the type of players who make things happen out of nowhere. I'd compare Milner to Barry - both excellent players, who work hard and help a team, but then you need players like Ash to work their magic.

Bottomline, there are way more players who work hard than players who are match winners.

No option to vote for both, obviously.

But to vote for one would be to vote against the other so I'm not voting. Young possibly better - he can be electric and he's a match-winner (in terms of his runs and crossing). But Milner is my favourite Villa player and just once in a blue moon produces something devastating.

<<<<<< Gotta go for Jimmy Milner 8)

Young is, on his day, the best winger in the league. But those days are too few and far between. He blows hot and cold and when its not going his way he starts to moan and dive. Not good. Saying that though, i would say he is the best deliverer of balls into the box from free kicks and corners bar none. At least that side to his game is concistent.

Milner is just Milner. A propper 2 footed old school stlye winger who never stops running and always gives 100%. I really do think hes quality and give him another year or so in playing in our team he will be our most important player (if he isnt already)

<<<<<< Gotta go for Jimmy Milner 8)

Young is, on his day, the best winger in the league. But those days are too few and far between. He blows hot and cold and when its not going his way he starts to moan and dive. Not good. Saying that though, i would say he is the best deliverer of balls into the box from free kicks and corners bar none. At least that side to his game is concistent.

Milner is just Milner. A proper 2 footed old school stlye winger who never stops running and always gives 100%. I really do think hes quality and give him another year or so in playing in our team he will be our most important player (if he isnt already)

Can't disagree with this. Milner's work rate and stamina are a couple of reasons why he can be so effective. Too many defences have worked out a strategy to defend against Ashley and if you haven't noticed, Ashley is easily frustrated when he gets soundly double teamed and boxed in on the wing.

Of course a lot of this boxing is created by the type of service that Ashley receives. Delph showed a couple of times in the Rapid game that if you place a precision pass inside of a defender for Ashley to run around the defender Ashley can be lethal. When he is running at pace with the ball and has no time to think about his moves he is at his best.

Milner is a different type of player. His pit bull tenacity and for his age his experience and desire to win is what makes him so effective. He is also very willing to track back and find the ball time after time. If Milner loses the ball just watch him go tearing after it and hustle to get it back.

Also because of his burly physique he isn't the kind of player that can be brushed off the ball easily unlike Ashley whose slight frame can only too easily be sent crashing to the ground by the more cynical, less skilled defenders.

Both players are footballers of quality. At this stage I like Milner a little more because he is more consistent. However, if you're looking for a lesson in artistry every now and then Ashley is going to make you gasp.

MON was promoting Ashley as a world class player last season. I think that is true but only in one game in four or five. Milner is a notch below Ashley on the skill level but he more than makes up for it with his heart and dogged willingness to leave it all on the pitch game after game.

If I were picking players for a pick up game on the playground Milner would be my first choice simply because I like players who play their hearts out game after game and when the going gets tough, he just gets tougher. Don't get me wrong, I love Ashley Young. I think he is extremely gifted but you always have to bear in mind that AVFC is a Martin o'Neill team and Jim lad is the archetype o"Neill player.

I judged it on who will likely have the best career. I voted Milner because his consistency and application would keep him in any side, where as Ashley peaks and troughs even though the peaks are immense at times...

Young is more talented.

Yessum. Presumbly that's what the OP was after, so I'll go with Young. Wouldn't want to lose either from Villa though. Both inspired signings and key players. Young can pack the diving prima donna bit in any time he likes though.

Young is more talented.

Yessum. Presumbly that's what the OP was after, so I'll go with Young. Wouldn't want to lose either from Villa though. Both inspired signings and key players. Young can pack the diving prima donna bit in any time he likes though.

It started with a "this"

Young is more talented.

It started with a "this"

time for that daily cup of cocoa, methinks :P :winkold:

It's a tough call. Milner is probably my favourite player for us at the moment and alongside the fantastic work ethic is attacking prowess, good technique and consistency.

However, Young on his day is as MON said a 'genius' - he can skin people left, right and centre, can play a killer ball in, has great pace and can be genuinely unplayable at times.

I went for Young but Milner isn't that far behind whatsoever.

We should be thankful that we have both and Downing, Albrighton and The Cannon also!

Â