Simple Poll - Happy with transfer window? No discussion...

rsjg80

Are you happy with our transfer business?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with our transfer business?

• Absolutely what I'd dreamed of in May!
    • Not amazing but certainly a very good window
    • Average. A bit flat really....
    • Poor, very poor - what are we playing at?!

What, no discussion? Isn't that completely against the intentions of this message board?

Ha ha, fair point!!! I just don't want it to get bogged down with in fighting and disagreements - there are a million threads like that. Just a simple poll that will highlight the feelings of the Villa fans as regards the transfer window.

i'm pleased overall,

'If' Dunne signs then we'll have first team and cover for every position in defense, two good goalkeepers, Downing (when fit) is competition for Ash, Albrighton is looking better and better to cover Milner. With Gardner, Petrov, Delph, Reo and Sidwell all competing for 3 midfield slots. Up front we've got Heskey, Carew and Gabby to compete for the one striking role.

Reminds me of the Phil King, Fashanau and Lamptey window

Phil King - Meh

Fashanu - hmmm, don't like him, but he might be good

Lamptey - Woooohooooo, foreign, cool name and branded Africa's Pele. I love the fact that Villa buy the most talented young players in other continents.....

Average, a bit flat.

It all hinges on Dunne really. I think we will be able to adjust to the loss of Barry more than Laursen. That said, we spent half of last season without him so if we can get consistent performances from Dunne then i think we can equal last years finish.

Whether that's good enough? I don't really know. Will be interesting to see how our less 'direct' style evolves....

Guest Ricardomeister

Average, a bit flat really..at least we have more numbers in defence and midfield (when everyone is fit) but we still lack the quality that we need to move forward imo and we only have 2 decent strikers, 1 of which is injury prone and the other is not exactly prolific.

A bit flat really... and yet I'm relatively content with what's been done.

I just wish it had been possible to complete all this a month ago. I know season starts are different across Europe, but I'd prefer to see a europe-wide closure at least a month ago.

If we'd have gotten in a 'special' signing, something for the fans to get excited about, a merse type player then i'd have voted for one of the top 2 options.

We have strenthened and brought in some very decent players, however none of these really are a step above what we already have and none will bring the crowds racing back to Villa park in excitement. That said, we should now be more solid and who knows, a good run like last year and maybe we'll have the experience and learning to push on.

Â