Simple Poll - Happy with transfer window? No discussion...

rsjg80

Are you happy with our transfer business?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with our transfer business?

• Absolutely what I'd dreamed of in May!
    • Not amazing but certainly a very good window
    • Average. A bit flat really....
    • Poor, very poor - what are we playing at?!

Not good enough by way of quality signings. We didn't get what we needed. I'm happy that we now have more depth in the squad, yet I still don't think we have improved much on the quality side of things. Plus we didn't get in a replacement for Laursen, a creative midfielder or a goalscorer.

We have more options now, which is never a bad thing. Yet MON certainly hasn't done anything out of the ordinary this transfer window. He has gone with safe players and has once again failed to get in the quality of players we need to push on. No doubt at least two of the players we have got this summer could prove to be great buys. Yet the overall quality of our squad is still not there in my opinion....

A top classmidfielder would have put me in the first option. As it is, I'm happy with the window. Not sure I'm "very happy" but it's certainly much bettter than average so I've gone for that.

I'm firmly in the 2 option camp.

I think we've strengthened the squad well with players that'll compliment and add to those we already had.

The losses of Laursen and Barry have been highly publicised, hopefully the Dunne deal will be successfully concluded in the morning and he can stake his claim as our new No.5.

As for Barry's replacement - he was our first signing. Downing, will be converted to a CM on his return to fitness.

Some are saying, we haven't signed any 'star' players but I beg to differ - both Delph and Downing have huge potential and fit that bill.

Our priority this window was the defence (not normally known for flashy players!!!) and I think we've vastly improved that department as well.

Wow - 2 right backs!!!! Who'd have thunk that? In fact, 2 right backs, 3 (including Bouma) left backs, 4 experienced centre backs and young Clark as understudy.

I'd be as bold to say, we have one of the strongest defences in depth in the league.

I agree slightly with the suggestions we should have signed a striker - however, with a lone striker and Carew, Gabby and Heskey (not to mention Delfouneso) we have plenty of options - there's alway January if things don't work out

:winkold:

You know what, after all the negativity that I've been reading towards the team we all love to support here on VT, I feel this was an great window.

The only reason I didn't vote for excellent is because another striker or creative midfielder (although I think our midfield is solid). Other then that, I thought it was superb. We really needed some defense.

not amazing but certainly a very good window..

Due to finally getting the numbers in defence so we don't have to keep playing Reo Coker at RB & L Young at LB & also getting 2 very sought after players in Delph & Downing. This will mean competition for every position for the 1st time since Martin & Randy took charge!! Squad is Deffo getting there now for some real class next summer!!

Happy that we've bolstered our squad. In terms of squad depth, I think we're at our best under MON.

But, I don't think we've adequately replaced Laursen and Barry, and in the long run that might come back to haunt us.

So I went with average.

Not amazing but very good.

I think we are a very good ST/FW short of it being an excellent window.

But that said we look alot stronger in terms of stregth in depth than last season with + 3 defenders and + 2 midfielders (including Albrighton and Clark who imo are worthy of inclusion).

Losing Barry will help us re-shape midfield for the better and Delph, Downing & Albrighton bring alot to the table.

At the back we wont be shifting players around. 5 centre backs, 2 right backs and 3 left backs....happy days. The Laursen replacement maybe isnt there, depends on who you listen to regarding Dunne, but overall that defence looks alot more capable of going through a long season.

And Reo-Coker is back in central midfield. Oh yes :D

I think the "Oh Yes" bit is the most significant of all.

I am more excited about the young prospects - both coming through our ranks and the one we have signed - than I am about the Steady Eddy signings. I rate the performance this window as just about good enough. But we're going to have to fight tooth and nail for every point this season.

Dreadful window. I wonder what the response would have been back in May if fans were told we wouldn't have replaced Barry and Laursen by the time the transfer window had closed?

..... swain, bremner,deacy,rimmer,mortimer,morley,withe,evans

was hardly rivetting stuff at the time.

it was the blend/balance that did it.

I think every signing is a good bit of business apart from Delph which is a gamble(and looks a good one IMO). I think thats MON's main problems he likes a good deal for his money, and i dont think we will ever see big priced overseas players coming in because they are too much of a gamble.

A top classmidfielder would have put me in the first option. As it is, I'm happy with the window. Not sure I'm "very happy" but it's certainly much bettter than average so I've gone for that.

This more or less. A real top quality signing in midfield or up front and I've have said it was an excellent window. As it is, it's not been terribly exciting but we've done smart business and I'm quite looking forward to seeing it all come together with Downing coming in as well.

Dreadful window. I wonder what the response would have been back in May if fans were told we wouldn't have replaced Barry and Laursen by the time the transfer window had closed?

You can see the results on the 1st September, when people KNOW the situation and have made their mind up whether the two players you referenced have been replaced and indeed, whether it matters.

I am more happy with the reintroduction of 451, NRC and Sidwell to the team to be honest. They are the most significant events to have happened over the summer imo.

As for the players brought in, so long as Dunne goes through then it will have been a good transfer window where we have been able to add more depth to the squad and give us more options.

Â