Simple Poll - Happy with transfer window? No discussion...

rsjg80

Are you happy with our transfer business?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with our transfer business?

• Absolutely what I'd dreamed of in May!
    • Not amazing but certainly a very good window
    • Average. A bit flat really....
    • Poor, very poor - what are we playing at?!

A very good window. Downing and Delph will be excellent acquisitions and give us plenty of options in midfield and attack. The centre backs should make us tighter in defence. Having the best left back outside of the top four is a definite plus. Beye has already repaid his transfer value by deputising for Luke Young.

A Van der Vaart type player would have made it a 100% success but a 75% success is good enough from where I am sitting.

Poor, not good at all. A good injured player not available until December, a Prospect, a 3rd choice keeper, a poor defender and a average LB. Not good enough by a long shot.

Would have to disagree. A very good (but injured player) who will be our playmaker for the next 5-6 years, a very good prospect who will replace Sidwell at the top of the triangle within 6 months, IMHO (unless Sidders recaptures his Reading form), a great LB (rate him as the best outside the top 4), excellent cover for our first choice RB and two (it would appear) decent CBs to compete with our existent duo.

One more signing - ACM/2nd striker e.g. Tuncay - and it would have been a very good window.

so...

er....

exactly which one of these signings was Barry's replacement?

The only signing that hasn't left me underwhelmed is the one that is injured until December.... And he plays in the same position as our best player.

Very, very, very disappointed.

People don't see it, we didn't need Tuncay. We need a poacher not a deep playmaker like Tuncay. We play a 5 man midfield you know

I doubt you will find many players who hold the ball up well, can run in behnd CB's and be a poacher.

Especially when your Aston Villa.

Drogba isn't a poacher, I'd say he's the best striker perhaps in the world in a 4-5-1 formation. People didn't want Tuncay as our main striker, people wanted him playing off the striker, 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1.

A middle ground transfer window for me

Decent, not good, not poor just average but not flat, I don't like how any of the choices are worded, so thus I have to discuss

Its a bit soon to tell though really, for me we needed another striker, if we get Dunne in the defencive buys have been good, happy with the midfield buys but time will tell on on both of those buys

Could have done with another striker though, I feel we are very limited in that area, needed another smaller quick striker who will shoot from range

Â