Simple Poll - Happy with transfer window? No discussion...

rsjg80

Are you happy with our transfer business?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with our transfer business?

• Absolutely what I'd dreamed of in May!
    • Not amazing but certainly a very good window
    • Average. A bit flat really....
    • Poor, very poor - what are we playing at?!

I am more happy with the reintroduction of 451, NRC and Sidwell to the team to be honest. They are the most significant events to have happened over the summer imo.

As for the players brought in, so long as Dunne goes through then it will have been a good transfer window where we have been able to add more depth to the squad and give us more options.

Is 4-5-1 going to stick though? I for one certainly hope it does. I believe we have a very good attacking setup capable of really performing in that system, even more so when Downing gets fit. And really we have three strikers in Carew, Gabby and Heskey, which is easier to rotate with just one up front, especially given our attacking versatility (Gabby to the wings, Milner and Downing into the middle, etc).

I just hope MON realises this for good, and we stick with it until things need a change up again.

Dreadful window. I wonder what the response would have been back in May if fans were told we wouldn't have replaced Barry and Laursen by the time the transfer window had closed?

What? We've replaced Laursen and Knight. We didn't directly relace Barry but we signed 2 midfielders one in Delph who could be great and Downing will allow Young to move into the centre.

Above average if not particularly exciting. Looking at the squad I would say we are pretty well equipped for the season ahead.

Delph could prove to be a bit special as the season progresses, look forward to seeing him get a chance in a midfield 5 as that will give him the protection he needs to impose himself on the game without leaving us too vulnerable.

I think every signing is a good bit of business apart from Delph which is a gamble(and looks a good one IMO). I think thats MON's main problems he likes a good deal for his money, and i dont think we will ever see big priced overseas players coming in because they are too much of a gamble.
Are we really saying that is a problem?? Or are you just being ironic?

BTW., looking at your sig, if the Dunne transfer goes through, don't you owe Villatalk £20?

Downing £10m -ish

Delph £4-6m

Warnock - £5-6m?

Dunne - £6m

Collins - £5m

Beye - £2m

Wheyhey, I'm over £25m even at these modest estimates...

Not sure to be honest at this stage, I supose we got the numbers in, but would have liked us to go for an Attacking Midfielder to improve our midfield and get us playing a different way at times, I say average, no real progression on the quality we have/had.

Tuncay was there for the taking, and MON declined.....this will come back to haunt us....

A player like Krancjar who is quality, we should have made a run at him...

Downing and Warnock stand out as the best signings. I'm hopeful that Delph will make me change my mind, though.

Not too bad a window, would of loved another attacking option in the midfield, in Jenas, Huddlestone or Tuncay abit up the field but in the end we made some solid depth signings which we lacked, nabbed a classy wide man in Downing and Delph looks promising, so all in all not bad.

article-0-06418603000005DC-273_468x505_popup.jpg

Yes. Think we spent the most last summer and 2nd most this summer. Must be around the 150 mil mark spent by MON now, it really is time to deliver a trophy or Champions League. Tuncay for 5 mil would have been nice though.

Tuncay was there for the taking, and MON declined.....this will come back to haunt us....

A player like Krancjar who is quality, we should have made a run at him...

Downing and Warnock stand out as the best signings. I'm hopeful that Delph will make me change my mind, though.

Would have liked us to sign Tuncay. Krancjar is overrated IMO and would have hindered Albrighton's progress.

People said wait until the window closed, it has, and for the money spent the manager has not impressed at all, our two most influencial players not replaced and sign one good, but injured player and one good prospect, the rest are average squad fillers at best.

NB. This is my opinion, I am in no way stating this as fact.

Â