4-5-1 from now on??

jackso55

4-5-1 or 4-4-2??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. 4-5-1 or 4-4-2??

• 4-5-1
    • 4-4-2

Iv always felt 4-5-1 is the best formation away from home...i feel more comfortable when we play away then when we are at home...at home we cant rely on counter attack football so much...and we dont have a plan B for when Ash is double teamed...a more attacking 4-5-1 can work with say Tuncay behind Carew or Gabbi with a midfielder who can split defences with his passes alongside Reo Coker who can protect the back 4...Sidwell, Petrov, Reo Coker are grafters who are what is neccesary when away from home...but what we need at home is a bit of flair...

No, just no. 4-5-1 is good to stop the rot, and good for away games. But at home it will lead to lots of bore draws. Plus Carew, imo, can't play in a 4-5-1. Leaving our most reliable goalscorer out at home, if he's fully fit, wouldn't be too clever.

Well I realise that no matter formation we play I have to hold my hands up and say it is my fault we've gone through a period of shiteness, ill-feeling and down-ness. You see, for the first time in a long time I decedied to wear my old lucky cardigan tonight to watch the game. So from now on it's being glued to my back! lol!

How can you argue against 4-5-1 after tonight? Especially given our striker situation.

We have plenty of options in MF and that will only get better with Downing. What we need now is 3 fullbacks and a striker. Another midefielder is a luxury spend IMO.

But 4-5-1 all **** day

I've gone for 4-5-1, BUT formations should vary on teams and different games.

Yup.

As Don Revie used to do...compile detailed dossiers on how teams played and how to stop them effectively.

And yes...ive watched The Damned United recently. Great flik

We have too many really good wingers and attacking midfielders ever to be accommodated in a 4-4-2, especially when you think that NRC is the only proper defensive central midfielder we have.

4-5-1 awayand 4-5-1 at home too please.

Think a 4-4-2 with NRC and Sidwell in the middle may well work at home, Petrov would be the problem. Heskey and Gabby do not seem to be getting close to each other or work well together. We could play a 4-4-1-1 system with perhaps Delph behind Gabby or Carew or even Gabby behind Carew. 4-5-1 IMO Its not going to work when teams come to defend.

4-5-1 is the way to get the best of Gabby and Young IMO and we were really successful last year with it. I was dreading last night until i saw we went for 4-5-1 and dropped Heskey and the confidence flowed through me after that

yep, I have to agree. 4-5-1 with the option to go 4-3-3 is the way to play

Our strength at the moment is our midfield. We have numbers and quality in there whilst out strikeforce is struggling at the moment - not sure what the feck is going on with Big John.

We won a huge amount of games with just Gabby up front and 5 behind him, I think for the time being we should stick to it. TBH we all know that MON likes to stick to winning formations so expect the same against Fulham :lol:

Â