4-5-1 from now on??

jackso55

4-5-1 or 4-4-2??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. 4-5-1 or 4-4-2??

• 4-5-1
    • 4-4-2

Sidwell and Reo were great today ! WHATA PERFORMANCE FROM THE LIONS.

Ecstastic and Fulham didnt even look like scoring.

Clarke was great Reo and Sidwell were strong and i loved Gabs goal !

UTV !

4 - 5 - 1 is the key and lets keep Heskey away now then ey ?

Reo though really is the difference maker.

the only problem I see with 4-5-1...

or at least the way we play it, is that it leaves no place for Carew.....and certainly not Heskey.

Gabby's the only striker I think can play this formation for us. Bizarrely, I think Harewood could possibly play it too....but that aint ever gonna happen!

4-5-1 is our best formation....if we do fall behind which is fairly unlikely as we proved last season playin this formation (and we managed 2 grind out results before 442 and slip sliding) then we have IMO very good option 2 mix it up with heskey, delph, downing to come and of course big john carew..amongst others!

very happy 2day i will always love the villa and the last 6/7 days in particular reminded me why

the only problem I see with 4-5-1...

or at least the way we play it, is that it leaves no place for Carew.....and certainly not Heskey.

Gabby's the only striker I think can play this formation for us. Bizarrely, I think Harewood could possibly play it too....but that aint ever gonna happen!

Good as when Heskey plays its like having 10 men he doesnt even help much at the back so if he doesnt score nor assist what is the point in having him ? Utter Waste.

Still i love the quote in The mirror today Big John pledging to the fans that he is staying.

His passion for the fans and the fans passion for him will have him buzzing this year.

I feel Happy times are coming upon us chaps i have forgotten about the Europa Cup already.

Even Strachan said that their isnt much money in it and he doesnt think MON will miss it !

UTV

It's not really a rigid 4-5-1 system though is it....

Because of the pace of Milner and AY...it very quickly reverts to a 4-3-3 and even sometimes a 4-4-2...

Was clever today because I noticed in the 1st half AY & Milner swapped wings completely....and then at another point AY was playing just behind Gabby with the 2 of them upfront. Must be a nightmare to mark players when they have license to drift.

4-5-1 with milner,young,downing as our main attackers cant see us getting vdv now

Just cant wait to see Downing.

Who knows lets get Dunne sorted and see what happens from there either way im quite excited !

our team is alot better than we give them credit for. downing is going to be a very good player for us. dunne is a done deal he is waiting on a big 6m payoff from city then he a villain. i think we need a st more than a creative midfielder as we can use young, downing and milner in this role

451 with Gabby seems to be the popular choice now, so are people really thinking that a fit Carew shouldn't start now?

This seems a bit of a major turn around from the other week when some were calling for Mons head for not making Carew the first name on the team sheet.

Just some stats ive come up with regarding 4-5-1 v 4-4-2(Premiership games only).

Since 15th November 2008.

4-5-1

Games Played = 12

Games Won = 9

Games Drawn = 3

Games Lost = 0

Win percentage 75%

Goals For 22 (1.83 per game)

Goals Against 9 (0.75 per game)

4-4-2

Games Played = 17

Games Won = 4

Games Drawn = 6

Games Lost = 7

Win Percentage 23.5%

Goals for 17 (1 per game)

Goals Against 26(1.53 per game)

Stats speak for themselves i think.

the sad thing is, the majority of us have been screeming from the roof tops for us to go back to winning ways rather than use some system to try and incorperate heskey into it.

i think 4-4-2 may still have its place but not when heskey is involved, carew and gabby would work, if both were fit as gabby would run everywhere leaving carew s the true striker up front.

the sad thing is, the majority of us have been screeming from the roof tops for us to go back to winning ways rather than use some system to try and incorperate heskey into it.

i think 4-4-2 may still have its place but not when heskey is involved, carew and gabby would work, if both were fit as gabby would run everywhere leaving carew s the true striker up front.

I might go back and have a look at results with Heskey and without, but i can't be arsed now. But i think the main problem was defensively, i dont think the Petrov/Barry or Petrov/Delph centre midfield has the legs defensively. And it showed in the stats.

Â