4-5-1 from now on??

jackso55

4-5-1 or 4-4-2??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. 4-5-1 or 4-4-2??

• 4-5-1
    • 4-4-2

the sad thing is, the majority of us have been screeming from the roof tops for us to go back to winning ways rather than use some system to try and incorperate heskey into it.

i think 4-4-2 may still have its place but not when heskey is involved, carew and gabby would work, if both were fit as gabby would run everywhere leaving carew s the true striker up front.

I might go back and have a look at results with Heskey and without, but i can't be arsed now. But i think the main problem was defensively, i dont think the Petrov/Barry or Petrov/Delph centre midfield has the legs defensively. And it showed in the stats.

This.

I think 4-4-2 can work fine as when we beat Chelski at VP two seasons ago BUT we cannot play Stan in such a formation - he is just not mobile/energetic enough. It was NRC and Barry that day and NRC + Delph/Downing would be interesting. Also, needs the second striker to be disciplined if we are playing opposition that play 4-5-1 (as Luke Moore was that day) and drop in to CM when the opposition have possession!

• 2 weeks later...
Â