4-5-1 from now on??

jackso55

4-5-1 or 4-4-2??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. 4-5-1 or 4-4-2??

• 4-5-1
    • 4-4-2

IMO i think this formation should be a must in away games an arguably at home too with exceptions (before i get lynched)!!

This formation won us many games in the first half of last season and we have proved that it works for yet another away win!!!

Thoughts please......

Agreed! Until we sign 2 quality CM, which wont happen for a long while as really who has them bar the top 4 sides, and then even Liverpool struggled today, we should play 4-5-1 as it suits our wing play and adds protection where we need it.

4-5-1 my lord, 4-5-1!

in a 4-5-1 I think gabby is our best striker. I don't think he'll score many goals in this formation though, but his pace does tend to stretch defences allowing midfield to push on.

As much as I love him, Carew doesn't work in a 4-5-1......and as for Heskey.......

goldfish.jpg

We didn't stop playing it before because it was working, teams learnt our style. At home we were finding it difficult to break teams down with 451 so we went 442, we didnt have the players for it so it didnt work either,

The point is you have to mix it up,

The reason we went to 442 last season was because so many people were saying that 451 was the reason we struggled to turn draws into wins at home.

451 seems to be the way away from home and will work on occasions at VP (we should have gone 451 against Wigan when it was obvious our midfield was being bypassed) but we shouldn't stick rigidly to any system. Horses for courses as they say.

Ten years ago, 4-4-2 was the way to play football. It was the formation all the best teams in the league were using. At that time, we were experimenting with 5-3-2 and Christmas tree formations.

Over the last few seasons it has changed. Liverpool, Chelsea and Manure are all using the 4-5-1 formation now and it's separating them from the rest of the league by a large margin.

4-5-1 worked well for us last season. It worked very well today. With our current abundance of central midfielders, we could employ this system and switch players regularly, so they don't all become knackered by the middle of February.

4-5-1 every time.

I've gone for 4-5-1, BUT formations should vary on teams and different games.

They should... if you have the players to play different formations. I personally feel that at the moment our combination of midfielders are best as a centre three and that you should play to your own strengths first and foremost

Can we add a "4-5-1 my lord!" verse to the song??

I was going to suggest the same very thing!

If 442 didn't work with Barry then it certainly wont now. 451 with NRC in there and Gabby or Carew up top is how we should roll from now on.

4-4-2 can work equally well if we buy a second striker (possibly Tuncay) who is disciplined enough to drop in when the opposition have the ball as Luke did against Chelski two seasons ago.

I think it needs to be mixed up though but I think NRC should play in both formations - our CM desparately needs his energy and drive. He should be skipper for me.

Â