maqroll

What is MON's Fate?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. What is MON's Fate?

• Stays on as Manager for the Whole Season
    • Quits at Some Point
    • Sacked at Some Point

It will all come together soon..

MON is bringing the youngsters through, we will have a significant number of players in their national sides for the next WC. I still have faith that our talented team of players will connect and do well this season.

five years.. be patient.

What Youngsters is he bringing through ?For the most part MON seems to ignore them........i would like to see Lowry/Clark get a game at CB against Liverpool - but chances are Beye will play CB

Under Doug: I think he'd have gone after the sha game had we not picked up many points and failed to beat them.

Under Randy: Thank God for a patient owner. He'll be given the rest o the season and rightfully so.

I'm really not understanding the hatred against MON at the minute, have people already forgotten that he's taken us from relegation fodder to champions league hopefuls?

It's time to get some perspective - Yes we are on a bit of a bad run at the moment, but the path to the top is never smooth, it's not one of constant ascendance - by it's very nature success includes mistakes. Keep in mind that last season was a bit of an anomaly, we ended up with the exact number of wins, losses and draws you'd expect of a 6th placed team but it was a weird season in that those results came in blocks.

i.e. rather than have W W D L L W D W D D, which is how a season normally pans out we had W W W W L L L L etc. which set up a whole bunch of false expectations.

At the end of the day, we've finished 11th, 6th and 6th under MON, which are damn good finishes for a team on the verge of relegation not so long ago.

How long did it take Ferguson to get it right at United? Properly building a football club takes time, a lot of it, and I for one am willing to give MON and Lerner that time to get things right, even if it means going through some rough patches in the process.

If the angry mob force Mon out I will separate from The Villa and go my own way.

When he took over I'm sure I read "the only reason he will not succeed will be because the fans won't let him"

I am sorry, but this sort of post is really getting to me at the moment

It is not the fans fault that we are playing rubbish

It is not the fans fault that our squad is weaker now than it was 12 months ago

it is not the fans fault that it has been six months of going backwards

I think people need to get their heads out of the sand and understand that the fans are hacked off and angry for a reason, a bloody good reason, their football team is rubbish, and what is worse, completely predictably rubbish. Something has gone seriously and (imo) terminally wrong behind the scenes, it is the only reason for such a total and dramatic collapse of form and confidence. the players are no longer playing for the manager or even for themselves, they simply Dont believe any more, you can see it in their listless, lifeless, dead performances - and a growing section of fans are joining them in their lack of belief.

Martin O'Neill is angry with the boo boys apparently. Tough bloody luck Martin, The Boo boys, you know thsoe people who pay £25-30 +++ to get in to watch the shower you put on the pitch, arent exactly in love with you either. Stop the stupid sound bites, stop the pathetic whining to your media mates, get your bloody head down and start delivering some results before you make yourself look like a total muppet and see your career vanish into the sunset.

The managers performance currently is completely unacceptable, he needs to get an immediate grip and stop pointing fingers at the fans who were here before him and will be after he has gone.

Way OTT imo. Martin O'Neill angry with the boo boys and whining to his media mates? Nah, sorry, haven't seen that. What I have seen however is MON and the players being sorry for the pathetic display we put on against Wigan and that they're going to do whatever it takes to put it right. And some comments that booing doesn't help. Which is right of course.

Great thread and one which should provide lively and, one hopes, positive debate. I can't get out of my mind an image I have of someone remarkably like Mr O'Neill walking along a high diving board seemingly unaware of a huge vat of steaming hot custard underneath. Whitish lumpy custard made with powdered milk, just like the stuff inflicted on pupils at Camp Hill Boys School in the 60s. Therefore I think he'll be sacked. He will indeed make about 3 key signings before the end of the window, but of the wrong players, and his end will come on Jan 31st when he tries to re-sign Wayne Routledge. But obviously I'm only guessing.

:clap:

Sometimes I can't tell if you're being straight or sarky :-)

This poll and the Should he go or stay poll are both running at 75%to stay. i think it's time to move on and all get behind MON and the team.

I was just watching Soccer Saturday and the negative remarks the Villa fans received were numerous. Criticism of the half time booing and the constant ridicule of the players. We are getting a poor reputation.

I was just watching Soccer Saturday and the negative remarks the Villa fans received were numerous. Criticism of the half time booing and the constant ridicule of the players. We are getting a poor reputation.

Seriously, do you really care what other fans think of us?

Do you know what? Exactly the same things were said when we were trying to get Ellis out. Oh look at those moaning Villa fans, at least they;ve got a stable debt free club ...

now its, Oh look at those moaning Villa fans, they just came sixth ....

On the day of the first £ sign protest Villa beat Spurs 2-0 to move to fourth in the League. What on earth were we protesting about? I recall some Newcastle fans giving me dogs abuse as I handed out £ signs outside the North Stand in the second protest. "You're mad, always moaning Villa fans, get behind yer team like we do"

The period from then until randy took over should tell you what it was all about.

SO personally, i dont give a flying banana what other fans, especially those from other teams think. I'm not going to be bullied out of saying what I see.

Bullied? Someone voices a different opinion to you and you feel bullied? Bieng a bit precious aren't we? To compare things as they are now to the end of the Ellis era is a strange comparison, the 2 couldn't be far enough away. With Ellis there were no signs of investment and the whole infrastructure of the club was in a state of collapse, today, it's what's happening on the pitch that is a nproblem and a worry but continual harrassment of players and the manager will not help us get it right.

It wasn't other clubs fans who passed the comments it was the panel, but you probably don't care what they say either, fair enough, but when well known ex players have detrimental things to say about my club then I do care.

My opinion, which differs from yours is that polls like this should stop now and we should get behind the players and the team.

I personally think with what he has done finishing 6th 2 seasons in a row he should be given until the end of the season although if we are say below 14th after 18 games then the chairman should defo consider his position.

As im new around here i will post what i personally think and what i have sa win the last few weeks.

. Im extremely dissapointed with the progress of transfers i think with waiting so long we will get held to ransom as the window nears to a close.

. After the Wigan game i couldnt understand why poor Delph was played alongside Petrov when the young chap doesnt have much experience surely with the season starting we should of played maybe Reo.

. Also i couldnt understand why MON sold Zat Knight when Davies had a shoulder problem all this has done is increased the pressure on the manager and the squad alike.

. I dont think the villa fans at VP against Wigan were booing due to the match but i think judging over the last 5 to 6 month the performances have been very bad.

Sorry for the long winded post but thats my views.

Bullied? Someone voices a different opinion to you and you feel bullied? Bieng a bit precious aren't we? To compare things as they are now to the end of the Ellis era is a strange comparison, the 2 couldn't be far enough away. With Ellis there were no signs of investment and the whole infrastructure of the club was in a state of collapse, today, it's what's happening on the pitch that is a nproblem and a worry but continual harrassment of players and the manager will not help us get it right.

It wasn't other clubs fans who passed the comments it was the panel, but you probably don't care what they say either, fair enough, but when well known ex players have detrimental things to say about my club then I do care.

My opinion, which differs from yours is that polls like this should stop now and we should get behind the players and the team.

Phil Thompson and Matt le Tiss :shock:

To compare things as they are now to the end of the Ellis era is a strange comparison, the 2 couldn't be far enough away. With Ellis there were no signs of investment and the whole infrastructure of the club was in a state of collapse, today, it's what's happening on the pitch that is a nproblem and a worry but continual harrassment of players and the manager will not help us get it right.

November 2000 wasnt exactly the end of the Ellis era. Indeed, Doug called the PR that I wrote complete tosh. "Of course we can still compete with Manchester United and Co" he proclaimed in reply to my claim that these clubs were moving away from us forever. Mark Ansell called me to tell me that I was mad, that we had just finished sixth and got to a Cup Final, what did I want?

I told him that it was perfectly clear to me and many others that the club was going backwards, that those heady days wouldnt be repeated under Ellis and that we were a declining force in the game thanks to the way Doug ran the club.

Now i will say to you the same thing. It is perfectly clear to me and many others that the club is going backwards, that those heady days of us challenging the top four wont be repeated under O'Neill and that we are a declining force in the game thanks to the way O'Neill runs the club.

I have no beef with Randy. No beef with general K, but something at this football club has to change, and soon. Either the manager needs to rediscover the plot, which I would vastly prefer, or he needs to accept that this job is too big for him and walk off to find another Leicester/Celtic equivalent club so he can look good again, because right now he looks way out of his depth.

He wont be sacked. Chances are he stays the whole way. What's scary is that we currenly look like relegation material. Can you imagine? :shock:

PLease dont i really dont think i would cope another relegation fight i remember when we stayed up by goal difference.

The squad is depleted i just dont think MON is to clever when it comes to transfers as he looks for more strong players and people who fit in rather than actual quality.

Were currently looking at James Collins and that takes the biscuit for me as i hoped for so much better under MON.

Scary times for any villa fan ahead thats for sure unless MON can pull off some sort of miracle.

In my eyes you can go through bad spells with a club but one thats lasted for 5-6 months?

I cant see it ending not with the kind of players MON brings in :(

This poll and the Should he go or stay poll are both running at 75%to stay. i think it's time to move on and all get behind MON and the team.

I really don't give a damn what other supporters or pundits think of us. People have a right to boo the team off if they are served up performances like last Saturday.

What they should never do, and don't as far as I have heard, is boo during the play.

I really don't give a damn what other supporters or pundits think of us. People have a right to boo the team off if they are served up performances like last Saturday.

What they should never do, and don't as far as I have heard, is boo during the play.

thats rediculous to boo during play and unacceptable.

OK at the end especially if your given a performance like that when you paid good money to watch them.

But to boo buring game play is disgusting in my opinion and its something i would never do in game or at the end.

Â