O'Neill's Fate

maqroll

What is MON's Fate?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. What is MON's Fate?

• Stays on as Manager for the Whole Season
    • Quits at Some Point
    • Sacked at Some Point

Gareth Barry had been part of a team that finished top 6 on at least 3 occasions before O'Neill came along, so I'd say he wasn't that far off. It was only SGE's ridiculous decision to continually overlook Barry that meant Barry's profile wasn't as high as it should have been.

Not sure I agree, don't forget he was on the verge of a £4m move to Pompy when O'Neill arrived, not much top 4 interest then.

After a season when we'd almost been relegated, that was hardly surprising. Let's not forget the only actual "top four" interest there's been since was Liverpool last season, who it turned out weren't actually that interested after all.

Gareth Barry had been part of a team that finished top 6 on at least 3 occasions before O'Neill came along, so I'd say he wasn't that far off. It was only SGE's ridiculous decision to continually overlook Barry that meant Barry's profile wasn't as high as it should have been.

Not sure I agree, don't forget he was on the verge of a £4m move to Pompy when O'Neill arrived, not much top 4 interest then.

After a season when we'd almost been relegated, that was hardly surprising. Let's not forget the only actual "top four" interest there's been since was Liverpool last season, who it turned out weren't actually that interested after all.

But a minute ago you were saying he was one of only two top 4 quality players now your saying no top 4 side has ever had any genuine interest in him which kind of contridicts your original point.

One could argue that Vital Villa is the most negative Villa fan site on the web, and that a lot of 'positive' posters have left the site because of 'the atmosphere' and their affection for conspiracy theories. :winkold:
Hmm. 8) Post on poster. How dare you insinuate that I'm positive! :lol:

No, no, I'm talking about myself, I know you're a miserable bastard :lol:

I have ALWAYS liked MON, but when I read this quote from the man it made me think.

At the end of last week, I went to a meeting for managers and they put up some interesting statistics. They showed that 17 of our lads had played in the Barclays Premier League last season. Other teams had used 23, 27 and others over 30.

I was a wee bit surprised. I knew how many we had used but I didn't realise it was less than anyone else. It is a team game. We are trying to get some extra players in if we can and in our own way, we're hoping to look after the players. There's a long way to go

How is it that we all knew that the squad was WAY too small and he didn't?

It kind of made me think.

My undying support became just regular support.

Im worried about the team situation i really am. One thing that really annoys me at the moment is the infactuation with English players and the fact he sometimes pays over the odds.

I,d be happ ywith Jenas and Warnock who are english but the rest maybe its time to look abroad.

Whenever were linked with any foreigner abroad every villa fan must think well thats not true.

Dont get me wrong English is a good thing but only if they are a good player who can improve the squad.

I dont agree with Squad numbers being added for silly prices like James Collins etc

But a minute ago you were saying he was one of only two top 4 quality players now your saying no top 4 side has ever had any genuine interest in him which kind of contridicts your original point.

Actually my point was more that you can't really guage a player's quality by who comes in for them.

I have ALWAYS liked MON, but when I read this quote from the man it made me think.

At the end of last week, I went to a meeting for managers and they put up some interesting statistics. They showed that 17 of our lads had played in the Barclays Premier League last season. Other teams had used 23, 27 and others over 30.

I was a wee bit surprised. I knew how many we had used but I didn't realise it was less than anyone else. It is a team game. We are trying to get some extra players in if we can and in our own way, we're hoping to look after the players. There's a long way to go

How is it that we all knew that the squad was WAY too small and he didn't?

It kind of made me think.

My undying support became just regular support.

well this has been done to death on another thread.

Not being funny but if your undying support can waiver pretty easy can't it. :?

We've lost the same amount of games as United.

MON and SAF out!!!

That actually puts it back into some perspective.

(however, I am not to sure if we are going to score 5 goals against Liverpool)

i told you the result Liverpool 1 - Villa 2 8)

Yeah get rid of him! I for one think we should let Gullit take over - about time we had some of that sexy football down the Villa that has been proven to be oh so successful.

For God's sake let's calm down a bit and reassess around Xmas time.

We've lost the same amount of games as United.

MON and SAF out!!!

That actually puts it back into some perspective.

(however, I am not to sure if we are going to score 5 goals against Liverpool)

I doubt we will. But Man Utd lost 4-1 to them, at home, when they were on their title challenge run.

I don't think losing to Liverpool is going to define our season.

Â