O'Neill's Fate

maqroll

What is MON's Fate?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. What is MON's Fate?

• Stays on as Manager for the Whole Season
    • Quits at Some Point
    • Sacked at Some Point

I think Lerner will give save his dignity by letting him see out the season at least, even if things aren't going well. I don't think we'll be relegation fodder regardless, but if we drop to below 11th or 12th I think he'll be replaced at the end of the season.

we get seriously outplayed at home by a team who then go and get turned over at home by wolves...

i cant see where any points are going to come from right now and i fear that our season already looks like spurs last year. i really really hope mon can turn this round, but i'm not convinced.

it is all going to come down to how much rope lerner is prepared to give him i think.

Great thread and one which should provide lively and, one hopes, positive debate. I can't get out of my mind an image I have of someone remarkably like Mr O'Neill walking along a high diving board seemingly unaware of a huge vat of steaming hot custard underneath. Whitish lumpy custard made with powdered milk, just like the stuff inflicted on pupils at Camp Hill Boys School in the 60s. Therefore I think he'll be sacked. He will indeed make about 3 key signings before the end of the window, but of the wrong players, and his end will come on Jan 31st when he tries to re-sign Wayne Routledge. But obviously I'm only guessing.

Tricella, he will not get sacked i assure you!

So..then I hope he will walk soon...

I like MON as a person because he gives a great impression being a good man. He is simply not top quality manager and that is what the club lacks at the moment. A manager that can take advantage of the clubs great position in the football world. MON is not capable...

I hope he turns it around, but to be honest I cant ever remember a manager at this club turning something like this around once the momentum and mood is the way it is

I dont think he'll be sacked though

I think we will all calm down when, and if, he brings in 2/3 players of good enough quality. I refuse to jump on the MON out rubbish as I don't think we'll get anyone better. I think we'll struggle to finish in the top half with our current squad at the minute but I'd accept a Carling Cup win and, say, 10th.

I think we will all calm down when, and if, he brings in 2/3 players of good enough quality. I refuse to jump on the MON out rubbish as I don't think we'll get anyone better. I think we'll struggle to finish in the top half with our current squad at the minute but I'd accept a Carling Cup win and, say, 10th.

Aston Villa FC are bigger than Martin O`Neill and we could easily find a manager of better quality imo. It is lack of belief and ambition to think MON is the best we can get...

If it was true...then the club is in sad state...because MON isnt all that...far from it.

Aston Villa FC are bigger than Martin O`Neill and we could easily find a manager of better quality imo. It is lack of belief and ambition to think MON is the best we can get...

If it was true...then the club is in sad state...because MON isnt all that...far from it.

A fair point. Who knows who we could possibly get if MON walked or got pushed. The time to really get angry with him is after the window closes though.

I hope he quits or get the sack early on...I am honestly fed up with his whole package of hoofing football and mediocre quality players.

Yes leaving the club in TOTAL disarray, who would come in? then have to make do with MONs players and wait until the Jan window and would then start all over again.....3 year bloody cycle once again!

Why is it everyone wants everything NOW NOW NOW?

He'll stay, he'll turn it around, and threads like these will be long forgotten.

I really hope not...because it has been painful to enter transfer windows with MON. It has too often been embarrassing signings and also mediocre football with hoofing as the guide of success.

I want it to end...

MON has made the most of what he can do. He has had two consecutive 6th places in the league and the club seems to decline at the moment. MON has failed to keep our status as a top 6 club and it will show...it has already showed by losing 0-2 at home to Wigan in the league and also a embarrassing loss in Europa Cup to Rapid Vienna. We have two wins in 18 competitive games...

Enough is enough. The squad lacks so much that it is unbelievable considering the clubs status in Premier League.

He'll turn things around this season and have us with a young exciting squad that makes up a significant part of the World Cup squad. Oh, and suddenly there'll be some posters on here going very quiet (here's hoping anyway).

Â