O'Neill's Fate

maqroll

What is MON's Fate?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. What is MON's Fate?

• Stays on as Manager for the Whole Season
    • Quits at Some Point
    • Sacked at Some Point

Sacking him really wont solve anything at the moment thats for sure. Their are people out their who could replace him but now is not the time.

Its time for us all to sit back and prepare for a tough season ahead. If say after 18 games and we have done nothing Randy needs to step in or MON can leave.

Until then lets enjoy the season and see what MON can do.

It is not the fans fault that we are playing rubbish

There's an argument that, in part, it is.

Have a read of my sig.

I agree with this, the crowd are getting on the players backs way too early and as a result putting a lot of pressure on the players (although of course your sig is not on this quote).

People may have the right to want some form of entertainment if they pay £25/£30 but if those people then become part of the problem by there actions, will the end justify the means

IMO they play for our club and in the end we support the club and as a result should support the players and manager that are doing the job.

I have seen at close hand what happens when the fans try and run the club through constant whinging because things are not as they demand living up here in Newcastle and as you all know it didn't end well.

Oh as well this is just my little opinion so I dont want any shit about telling people how to support there team :)

and it will be the fans fault that we have one fit centre back to go to anfield with on monday?

people like angel, mellberg, laursen, merson and even carew all praise the support they recieved from villa fans and most of those players were in pretty rubbish sides.

fans tend to boo teams when they play badly, its not a new thing. if everyone cheered and applauded them for playing crap and losing there wouldnt be much incentive to play well would there? maybe the league prize money should be shared out equally amongst all twenty teams too so we dont upset the players by imposing a performance related structure onto their fragile non-competitively oriented minds...

and it will be the fans fault that we have one fit centre back to go to anfield with on monday?

people like angel, mellberg, laursen, merson and even carew all praise the support they recieved from villa fans and most of those players were in pretty rubbish sides.

fans tend to boo teams when they play badly, its not a new thing. if everyone cheered and applauded them for playing crap and losing there wouldnt be much incentive to play well would there? maybe the league prize money should be shared out equally amongst all twenty teams too so we dont upset the players by imposing a performance related structure onto their fragile non-competitively oriented minds...

I see what your saying, I just feel that sports people as well as earning a lot of money are also suspetable to the problems of morale and confidence like everone else and if those 2 things are not there then they are going to perform well under there peak, and giving shit to them is going to batter both of those things

I actually believe that players pay should be more incentive based.

I am an account manager and my salary is 50-50 split on basic and commision, so if I perform I can do very well on a monthly salary (the sad thing is I get sacked if I don't :cry: )

Carew is a special case, he even gets his song sung when he's not playing. The rest of them played in a different era for the Villa. Booing was no endemic like it is now.

I remember the time when we used to cheer and sing consistently through a game, now it is sporadic at best ... but as soon as a player does something we don't like the catcalls start from the crowd. We boo all the time now and have a reputation for it.

I remember the time when we used to cheer and sing consistently through a game, now it is sporadic at best ... but as soon as a player does something we don't like the catcalls start from the crowd. We boo all the time now and have a reputation for it.

Good point, I don't remember us really booing a lot.

I do fell that by whipping up an atmosphere will get the players playing well as opposed to giving them shit.

At least then if anyone is ever to blame its not us

Carew is a special case, he even gets his song sung when he's not playing. The rest of them played in a different era for the Villa. Booing was no endemic like it is now.

you are having a case of selective memory there. not since the holte end was standing have we sung all the way through games, and even back then people moaned about it being too quiet.

i have never noticed any single player being singled out for 'booing'. (the only time it has happened is with gabby last season, and it wasnt directed at him - we all know the story and how it was mis-reported in the press.) normally if it happens its the whole team that gets booed off for playing bloody awfully like on saturday, and they fully deserved it.

villa park is one of the oldest and proudest grounds in the country. it has a good capacity and is often close to being full, and yet unbelievably wigan are yet to be beaten there. for a hundred years coventry hadnt ever won there, gary lineker never scored there, it was a place that had an aura and was our own fortrtess. these days teams like wigan and middlesboro find it an easy touch.

and fans boo the players?

Did anyone watch the Sunday Supplement this morning?

Paul Hayward of the Observer said that it would be inconceivable for Villa to get rid of Martin O'Neill. He said that if that happened we might as well close the club, as MON is the best thing about the club. The rest of the panel agreed fulsomely and all of them thought that those Villa fans who wanted MON out were short sighted and misguided. They said that he needs the time that Moyes has been given to build something great at AVFC, and rated both MON and Moyes as great managers.

Perhaps it's time that we took a step back and looked at MON and Villa from a more unemotional perspective.

Is there ANY surprise that British media has their own darlings? Martin O´Neill has been and is a media darling and that is why they talk sooooooo good of him.

If it were to be a foreign manager having such a streak of bad results as MON has had then they would all sit and agree on why the chairman take so long time to sack the manager...

This crap wont bite on me. MON buys low profile mediocre players that are dull to watch. The club has its potential of growth held back by this...and many other things that are more solid football matters.

Moyes is probably the best manager Everton could get at the moment because of their long time financial status. I think any other manager would find it difficult to work under those circumstances.

MON has backing of the chairman and also has funds to spend...of which he has spent a lot during his time at Villa. He should´ve done better than the state we are in today.

I hope he turns it around, but to be honest I cant ever remember a manager at this club turning something like this around once the momentum and mood is the way it is

I dont think he'll be sacked though

i agree with this...

perhaps the "experts" need to look a bit deeper than simply saying "villa fans should stop knocking mon and look where they finished in the league last year" when they talk about the club.

best thing about the club? didnt we exist before 2006 or something?

mon might need time, but he needs about half a dozen players as well.

Â