O'Neill's Fate

maqroll

What is MON's Fate?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. What is MON's Fate?

• Stays on as Manager for the Whole Season
    • Quits at Some Point
    • Sacked at Some Point

I hope he quits or get the sack early on...I am honestly fed up with his whole package of hoofing football and mediocre quality players.

Yes leaving the club in TOTAL disarray, who would come in? then have to make do with MONs players and wait until the Jan window and would then start all over again.....3 year bloody cycle once again!

Why is it everyone wants everything NOW NOW NOW?

So according to you we are **** and a sinking ship so lets take our failing manager with us down.

NO! I want change and from what I´ve seen so far from the players I would suggest they want it too. The huge lack of energy, quality, strength and commitment on the pitch has been embarrassing to watch.

However..I do agree with you that many managers would have a mountain to climb in order to get this squad to work with anything else than "kick n run hoofing football"...

He'll turn things around this season and have us with a young exciting squad that makes up a significant part of the World Cup squad. Oh, and suddenly there'll be some posters on here going very quiet (here's hoping anyway).

Well..I cant blame you for that. For the sake of Aston Villa FC I do wish the club to go well...and it doesnt matter to me who is the manager. I just want exciting days for the club and that the club is going places. The belief I had three seasons ago when Lerner came...together with MON..was a high for every supporter of the club. Imo they have been fairly successful...despite the obvious lack of tactical knowledge from MON and his doubtful transfer activites.

We now have a squad that is very unbalanced and short at quality as well as numbers. We lack hugely in several vital areas in the squad and this is only down to the manager.

After three seasons everything is blown into pieces because MON...that is how I look at it. He has reached how far he can go with th club and therefore I want him to leave so we can get a manager that has better vision, better qualities and a status which will bring success to the club.

Did you actually watch the game on Thursday, where it wasn't hoof and kick! Against Wigan you have a valid point, but knowing you, you'll refer back to last season, the 18 games or summat!

You dont know me...and I wont give you the chance. Lets just put it like that and move on.

He'll stay, he'll turn it around, and threads like these will be long forgotten.

I really hope not...because it has been painful to enter transfer windows with MON. It has too often been embarrassing signings and also mediocre football with hoofing as the guide of success.

I want it to end...

MON has made the most of what he can do. He has had two consecutive 6th places in the league and the club seems to decline at the moment. MON has failed to keep our status as a top 6 club and it will show...it has already showed by losing 0-2 at home to Wigan in the league and also a embarrassing loss in Europa Cup to Rapid Vienna. We have two wins in 18 competitive games...

Enough is enough. The squad lacks so much that it is unbelievable considering the clubs status in Premier League.

Fair enough, you want MON sacked, I don't.

You say it's painful to enter transfer windows with MON, but you're not in it for the transfer windows, are you? I thought this was a results business?

Besides, frustrating as it is, it's the last week of the transfer window where things really kick off.

If the Warnock rumour is true, the squad lacks 3 quality signings imo. 2 central defenders (maybe just one depending on how good Clark is, but then you have the potential shoulder operation for Davies, so therefore I say 2) and 1 creative/goalscoring/attacking midfielder. The squad has never been as close to being in a healthy state than it is now. MON has revamped the entire squad in 3 year's time, he's assembled some damn fine footballers, and is on the verge of having both an excellent first XI and even a good bench with players capable of coming on and changing things.

True, we have been playing hoofball on occasions, in our bad spells, but nowhere near as much as you make it sound. Do you think MON's main tactic/wish is to play hoofball? Truth is lots of teams revert to hoof tactics when they're tired and low on confidence. Football is a confidence thing, you need to believe in yourself in order to dare doing the more complicated stuff.

There have been times during MON's reign where we have been playing exciting, fast, direct, counter-attack football to an extent that fans of other clubs have commented on it. And guess what, it's that style of football that seems to have stuck to their minds. Lots of my friends say they now like watching Villa after MON took over, that we've got some very exciting players, that we've become their number two team even. The general idea people are left with after these three years is that Villa are exciting and on the up.

We had a slump towards the end of last season because of a small squad, tired players, and lots of people seem to have lost the faith on the back of that period. That's sad imo, as with 3 more players our squad is big enough to avoid what we went through last season.

All we need now (in addition to some new players) is a couple of good results, some confidence, and we're up and running.

Good post.

I just dont think we have a squad capable of that. Our midfield is too weak and that makes us go into hoofing football very quick..even if MON doesnt want to play hoofing. He should have sorted it out a long time ago.

The defensive issues should´ve been sorted out a long time ago.

I just want the club to be great and to win something. I just cant see it with MON.

In trying times you've got to get behind the team and the manager.

Therefore I've ditched my previous beloved avatar, a Villa drawing given to me by my then 9-year-old daughter, and instead taken a picture of my new t-shirt :D

It will all come together soon..

MON is bringing the youngsters through, we will have a significant number of players in their national sides for the next WC. I still have faith that our talented team of players will connect and do well this season.

five years.. be patient.

If the angry mob force Mon out I will separate from The Villa and go my own way.

When he took over I'm sure I read "the only reason he will not succeed will be because the fans won't let him"

longer than 90% of our fans would give hime (which isnt hard considering we must be at about 40% now) id give him the season, anything can happen adn im still hoping that being a WC year the likes of ash and gabby cant carry on like he way they've started

People talk about the 3 year rotation with managers, that mostly came because the fans lost their patience and Doug was always ready to press the button when there was hostility, anything to move the negatvitiy away from him. Improvement is never a straight line graph, there will be dips along the way, just like Moyes and Fergusson as people have already said. The squad is worrying, we have been poor in the transfer market and the players haven't clicked yet on the pitch. However, we're two games in, I'd rather the manager who has brought exciting players, memorable games and lots of improvement be given the chance to recover from a small set back and soar again.

longer than 90% of our fans would give hime (which isnt hard considering we must be at about 40% now) id give him the season, anything can happen adn im still hoping that being a WC year the likes of ash and gabby cant carry on like he way they've started
I read this a few times but still don't get it! Can you unpack the bit highlighted pl.

If the angry mob force Mon out I will separate from The Villa and go my own way.

When he took over I'm sure I read "the only reason he will not succeed will be because the fans won't let him"

I am sorry, but this sort of post is really getting to me at the moment

It is not the fans fault that we are playing rubbish

It is not the fans fault that our squad is weaker now than it was 12 months ago

it is not the fans fault that it has been six months of going backwards

I think people need to get their heads out of the sand and understand that the fans are hacked off and angry for a reason, a bloody good reason, their football team is rubbish, and what is worse, completely predictably rubbish. Something has gone seriously and (imo) terminally wrong behind the scenes, it is the only reason for such a total and dramatic collapse of form and confidence. the players are no longer playing for the manager or even for themselves, they simply Dont believe any more, you can see it in their listless, lifeless, dead performances - and a growing section of fans are joining them in their lack of belief.

Martin O'Neill is angry with the boo boys apparently. Tough bloody luck Martin, The Boo boys, you know thsoe people who pay £25-30 +++ to get in to watch the shower you put on the pitch, arent exactly in love with you either. Stop the stupid sound bites, stop the pathetic whining to your media mates, get your bloody head down and start delivering some results before you make yourself look like a total muppet and see your career vanish into the sunset.

The managers performance currently is completely unacceptable, he needs to get an immediate grip and stop pointing fingers at the fans who were here before him and will be after he has gone.

If O'Neill leaves us, the club will be worse off. We need a bit of calm and stability, just when you think we need a change, just think about Newcastle.

I agree lets get behind em I don`t think he`d of stayed after our run in after Feb if he didn`t think he could do it although selling Knight and not getting cover is a tad of a disaster, but on the spin side it was good money though.

Â