Team Colours/Badge/Image

JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Should we consider updating our image based on traditional foundations?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should we consider updating our image based on traditional foundations?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • It's only a bloody kit and badge FFS!!!

This might be a topic most people, especially the older and longer established fans might almost consider as blasphemy to be brought up. 8)

For a while now it has really been getting to me that we share our colours, as well as almost, if not exact layout of our kits etc. with other teams, most notably West Ham and Burnley who are also "Claret and Blues".

The final straw for me was when I asked a female friend coming over from London to buy me a Villa jersey, showed her the colours and all that, told her the name of the team repeatedley etc. So excited when she got back, only to realise she had brought me a chuffing WEST HAM Jersey!!! Yes folks...number 12 ...CARLTON COLE!!! I cringed, when she realised I was much less than pleased she said "I thought that's what you wanted, it looks the same" (bless her she really doesn't know any better and it was probably thick of me to think she would anyway)

Anyhow long story short, I am not in the slightest asking for a complete change of our Kit style, badge, or image, but does anyone feel like it might be time for us to more creatively use our traditional colours and come up with more unique, exciting and attractive concepts? Does our sleeve really have to be FULL Sky Blue for example?

I am still not overly impressed with our badge either, i feel it is overly boring, retro, simple, and misses out the most important feature ASTON VILLA FC.

These things may all seem simple from the outset, but I feel a complete modernisation of these things, based on our history and traditions enhanced. Would make us both more attractive to the neutral supporter, the kids growing up to be supporters and even a large chunk of our very own. I also feel this will make us, for lack of a better word more "hip" and trendy.

I am very interested to get everyone's view, and would also love to see if any of the photo shoppers with time on their hands could come up with some of their usual class designs incorporating both a new badge and kit but using the traditional colours. I feel currently our possibility are restricted by the hardcore traditionalists unwilling to accept change and moving with the times.

:!:

With tin hat well and truly on. I say fire away!!!

does anyone feel like it might be time for us to more creatively use our traditional colours and come up with more unique, exciting and attractive concepts?

No.

What colour combinations are there that would be unique ?

I think we are regarded as being the first team to play in claret and blue and there are stories about us being involved in why other teams followed, which I like.

I don't like the badge much tho and have never really suited claret tbh, but I wouldn't want to change them just the bagde.

What colour combination are there that would be unique ?

I think we are regarded as being the first team to play in claret and blue and are there are stories about us being involved in why other teams followed, which I like.

I don't like the badge much thoe and have never really suited claret tbh, but I wouldn't want to change them just the bagde.

I'm not advocating changing the colours mate, just really the way we use them. I'm aware that the colours are a monumental part of our history and football club.

Gotta ya, It wouldn't bother me then if the sleeves arn't blue and the body plain claret then. Don't see why people get caught up on it.

The badge as rubbish as it is, I presume was primelarey designed to make it easily recognised by people with only a passing interest.

but making our football shirt recognisable to a female from London who I guess don't follow football aint really a concern tho is it ?

We change the kit practically every year. We sometimes (wrongly IMO) deviate from claret body blue sleeves. We've just had a new badge (horrid IMO), it will be with us for the next decade or so until the next 're-brand'.

I don't know what more you want really? Yet another new badge? After spending so much on this recent re-brand, including the new mosaic on the stadium with the current badge do you really want to start again from scratch?

Don't like the new badge at ALL, wud prefer it to read "Aston Villa FC" instead of that stupid "AVFC" abbreviation. and I dont see y our kit manufacturer "nike" cant be a bit more creative with the claret and blue, home kits are always a bit boring tbh

I like the fact that Nike seem to realise that Claret is dark red, not light purple.

I like the new badge.

I like claret body, blue sleeves. Our new kit is lovely, if a little similar to last years.

West Ham, Burnley, Scunthorpe and anyone else can change their colours for all I care, we were the first to wear them! they are OUR colours.

As far as kits go, I think I'd like to see a striped kit again one day, like we had back in the 'Muller' days, or maybe even a kit in the style of the 1957 FA cup final kit.

The lion badge we've used last few years since Lerner ain't the best badge - the best one is the circle lion badge from those early 80s / late 70s kits .

But i guess since Chelsea changed their badge to a similiar image under Abromovich - it might look bit too similarish now

Our current kits this season are pretty much the best we've ever had in my opinion. Prem-days to now-wise .

Despite the home kit being ridiculously similar to last season - its still slightly better without the V-neck.

I do however think its ridiculous if we keep on changing the home shirt EVERY season though.

By all means if need must - change the away shirt every season and - go crazy with the away and/or third team colours etc...but the home shirt should be every two years or so - and will always be claret and bit of blue and simple .

But i guess since Chelsea changed their badge to a similiar image under Abromovich - it might look bit too similarish now

Chelsea changed their badge back to what it used to look like before Ken Bates turned up. The badge they have now is their "traditional" one so to speak.

The badge we use at the minute is a modern spin on our traditional badge. We have almost always had a lion on a shield, rather than inside a circle. It just happens we had a really good team when we had the circular badge!

I still like the shield. I like the current badge. I seem to be in small minority, though internet forums seem to have a disproportionate amount of people who dont like it.

Â