Is Cuellar good enough?  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Is Cuellar good enough?

• Yes
    • No

I think we can all see Davies is a very poor footballer

I dont think we can "all see Davies is a poor footballer" at all

I think he will be a quality player

Disagree, yesterday in the game there was a 40 yard crossfield ball coming in from the left, Davies chose to leave it and Rodallega nipped in behind him and luckily Friedel produced an excellent save.

A big fault in his game is he gets dragged out of defence too often to track a forward wh's dropped deep. Too often yesterday, he came up to near the halfway line and lost out meaning we were exposed in central defence.

I also don't rate his composure much. How often when we're under pressure do we seem him just swiping at the ball and slicing clearences all over the place (evident for me at the Brittania last season when instead of kicking the ball up the pitch, he sliced it out for a thorw in from which Stoke scored).

Now Cuellar isn't great on the ground either and isn't very mobile which is a big worry in the prem but to me he's better than Davies in the air and I think if we signed Distin, then him and Cuellar would make a better combo than Davies and Distin.

Davies at the moment wouldn't get in the North Korean world cup squad and is a billion miles away from the england one.

For me, he is utter rubbish, and i mean that.

I dont think he played all that well yesterday, but against Porto and Juventus he was immense, really top drawer, so I know there is a player in there. its not jsut me either, I think most people who saw those those games felt the same way

I would suggest that any defender would struggle with a midfield of Petrov and Delph in front of them, and to blame the defence for yesterday is, imho, just wrong.

What was different from the Juventus and Porto to yesterday? Different midfield perhaps? I might like to suggest that NRC and Sidwell offer a far better midfield pairing than Petrov and Deplh - proper bite, proper fight, proper shield for the defenders

OK so now its Delph and Petrovs fault

Funny that because I thought it was Barry's fault.

Why on earth are people blaming every other player for Cueller and Davies being poor !.

Davies and Cueller were protected by our player of the year, the Bulgarian captain non the less and the classiest midfielder Villa have had since Sid Cowans.

God forbid - it's like Angel in reverse. Everyone blamed the lack of creativity for his lack of goals - when he was supplied by Solano, Merson, Carbone.

And the exact same excuses were brought out year after year - needs time to adjust, he hasn;t got the right partner blah de blah de blah

We wasted 9 bloody years on Angel, he never got better and we nearly got relegated because of it.

Please wake up. Jesus , it worries me, coz if fans still think these two are good enough, then god forbid O'Neill might be thinking the same !

Davies - given his age - and remembering the emergence of Ugo, I am willing to give a little longer to - but Cueller is a 28 yr old Championship player - and we better wake up and smell the coffee

no,not for me sorry, frail frame ,no football brain,passing poor,poor position play,marking is poor, tell me a game in which he "seen off" any player? ffs forget rangers! im not intrested in scotish football,im intrested in his performances in my club.

I'm sorry to say it but this is spot on.

Davies at the moment wouldn't get in the North Korean world cup squad and is a billion miles away from the england one.

He is reportedly playing in quite some considerable pain with his shoulder heavily strapped

He shouldnt be in the Villa squad at the moment, never mind the England one, he should be in a hospital getting fixed

O.k fair enough the shoulder problem. But you have to think if that was as serious a problem as you're making it out PB that a) he'd have an operation straight after the Barcodes game so 3 months to rest and get better and B) why on earth did we sell Zat Knight if we're worried Curtis will get a 3-4 month shoulder injury at any moment?

OK so now its Delph and Petrovs fault

Funny that because I thought it was Barry's fault.

Who told you that? I said we'd miss Barry. Seems I was right. Dont get me wrong, 4-4-2 with petrov and barry wasnt much better - because Petrov isnt a holding player, not in a million years, not in 4-4-2 anyway

Why on earth are people blaming every other player for Cueller and Davies being poor !.

Because they are both good players? OK they're not world class, but they can both play, I've seen them do it with my own two eyes so I know its true. They play well when protected, and crap when they're not. Somewhere there is a hint.

Davies and Cueller were protected by our player of the year, the Bulgarian captain non the less and the classiest midfielder Villa have had since Sid Cowans.

The classiest player since Cowans? Get a grip. Who are you, Stan's agent?

We wasted 9 bloody years on Angel, he never got better and we nearly got relegated because of it.

Nine years? Are you really sure?

We nearly got relegated because of Angel? OK. So it wasnt the ten years of under investment from a egomaniac Chairman who didnt have a clue? it was all down to JPA, of course, that makes perfect sense

O.k fair enough the shoulder problem. But you have to think if that was as serious a problem as you're making it out PB that a) he'd have an operation straight after the Barcodes game so 3 months to rest and get better and B) why on earth did we sell Zat Knight if we're worried Curtis will get a 3-4 month shoulder injury at any moment?

I would suggest asking the manager, because I'm sure I dont have a clue. I think the manager was advised it would be OK in fairness, but I think that advice was clearly wrong

He seemed to win most headers in the game against Wigan... trouble is most of them ended up back with Wigan. There was no control on the headers - they just seemed to deflect off him like he had a head like a 50p piece.

firstly read the post

I said AND the classiest midfielder we had since Cowans - a certain guy who has nearly 40 caps for England !

Angel sorry not 6 - 2000 - 2006 - and yes we nearly got relegated, because the same people who are saying "Cueller will come good" said the same of Angel, of Samuel, of Moore (both) and many others.

Part of managing a football team is taking gambles, and buying players, some of these players are not good enough.

Now the good managers like Alex Fergusun, instead of blindly hoping they come good, just accept they made a mistake, no matter how much it costs, and quickly rectify it (read Cruyff, like that bloke they bought off Chelsea for 28m, like Forlan , like about 20 others)

Poor managers just shut their eyes and hope for the best.

And again, that is management in any profession, not just football

And they have NEVER played well protected. Laursen was crocked at Christmas, these two were put together then, 2 wins since then, conceeding 2 goals per game. Where have you ever seen these two play well together, name me a game, any game (apart from a pre-season friendly - apparently Cieran Clark is the answer if you want to quote them !)

He seemed to win most headers in the game against Wigan... trouble is most of them ended up back with Wigan. There was no control on the headers - they just seemed to deflect off him like he had a head like a 50p piece.

Got it then

Redknapp for centre back - he can control a 50p piece better than anyone :D:D

i think yes hes gd player yes hes good enough, its davies thats shit tbh. and shorey... sort those two out were ok. i seem to recall cuellar centre half against ajax wit laursen n he was a rock, its about hu he plays with imo.. also our formation needs changing 3 in midfield across middle pls ppl r steam rolling thru thus puttin too much pressure on our centre halfs.

Hangon a minute, name me one person on here who said when we signed Cuellar it was nothing short of a quality signing. This bloke was immense for Rangers.

So after playing right back last season, doing really well in pre-season and now 1 game where the whole team was crap he is suddenly an absolute joke of signings.

I dont usually post on here but reading some of the crap some of you spout I cannot help it, some posts are not a differing opinion they are just absolute mindless drivel.

Â