O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Actually I've thought of one more reason - He's spent about 45Mil on the defence and it's still a joke - perhaps worse than when he took over, even. He's spent 8.5 mil on Reo, who I rate highly in a 451 system as an anchor, who can't get in the team whatsoever.

Value for money is his mantra, but bollocks does he live by it.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ricardomeister

I am of the same opinion that I was a year ago....that MON and Randy do not have what it takes to get us beyond the top 6. That is not a criticism as such as 6th is hardly a disaster. I just don't think their conservative approach will bring genuine success. However, I have always said that MON deserves this season to prove his doubters wrong so I am not in favour of him going at present.

Martin, you and anyone else can question the manager as much as you want. There's a difference between questionning the bloke and calling for him to leave though, IMO.

I just find it strange that no one is questionning the owner of the club, at all though. Oh well may be we do need a new manager for that to start.

Maybe I'm not as blinded as some by the knight in shinning armour riding in to slay the Ellismonster

I personally dont think that the owner is to blame at all. MON has got everything he has asked for. He has paid some big fees on players...seemingly getting the backing from Lerner.

I just find it strange that no one is questionning the owner of the club, at all though. Oh well may be we do need a new manager for that to start.

No one is questioning the owner? I thought there was a mammoth thread started by your good self doing tht very thing?

But anyway as I pointed out in a recent thread, Lerner has increased the amount of money he has put into the club by £120m recently. In the past he has matched this share capital input with loans from his family trust, so I believe he's willing to back the manager on a large scale. Not stupidly as in pay Gareth Barry £100K a week, but if we had a manager able to attract the likes of say Van der Vaart, I think Lerner would find the cash.

Maybe I'm not as blinded as some by the knight in shinning armour riding in to slay the Ellismonster

You have, so far, failed miserably to give a valid reason for this opinion mate to be fair.

Well Dave if I haven't given one that you are happy with that's a bit different to not giving one at all.

There has been a lot said about MON taking us as far as he can, but has Randy?

I don't see why it would be a good idea to sack MON now. If he leaves in the next week or two it will be too late for a replacement to bring in the players he wants. I don't think you have a particuarly strong squad and think few could get more out of it the MON. I've read alot of posts criticising his tactics etc, but the same is said about all managers when the team is losing. I think the best thing you can hope for is a top 8 finish and hope that Ajax win the Dutch title. Ajax aren't going to challenge in Europe for a few years at least, so Jol might feel that he's achieved about as much as he can with Ajax and prefer another crack at the Prem (as manager, not simply coach, so he can buy his own players, as he did in the summer of 2005 when Spurs went onto miss out on the CL on the final day).

Tricella, if he goes, we'll need a manager you idiot! You are the master of blanket statements! All you want is a manager to go out and buy a bunch of no hopers from Europe! At the game I knew you would be on here sticking the knife in! You mention last year only because we lost if we had won, it wouldn't even be mentioned! Getting rid will not be the answer!

He should stay and finish what he started.

To suggest he should leave after one game of the season is **** bullshit and downright fickle.

And dont start the shit about 'oh but the end of last season'

Everton had a bollocks 3 months at the start of last season, As did Arsenal. Teams have dips in forms. The end of last season was ours.

To say we simply carried on from the end of last season is just pure tripe, and quite simply goes to show how narrow minded and fickle some fans are.

Well I don't think so. If we started to get wind that O'Neill couldn't bring the players he wanted in due to financial constraints, then you'd maybe have a point. Everything I've heard points to the opposite though, that the funds are in place but O'Neill either can't or won't spend them.

There's ample evidence that we'll never get into the top 4 with O'Neill in charge though. Exhibit number one, the defence. Into season number 4, and it's as bad as it's ever been.

..... shocking, shocking,shocking performance.

I have heard rumours of losing the dresssing room particularly with the senior players.

Martin O'Neill needs to take a damn good look at himself..... because what he is doing clearly ain't working.

He should stay and finish what he started.

To suggest he should leave after one game of the season is **** bullshit and downright fickle.

Everton had a bollocks 3 months at the start of last season, As did Arsenal. Teams have dips in forms. The end of last season was ours.

To say we simply carried on from the end of last season is just pure tripe, and quite simply goes to show how narrow minded and fickle some fans are.

Two 'fickles' in one post, you've outdone yourself. No run along and have a look what it really means eh?

You have, so far, failed miserably to give a valid reason for this opinion mate to be fair.

Well Dave if I haven't given one that you are happy with that's a bit different to not giving one at all.

The problem is Richard, you seem to be contradicting yourself at every turn. He has spent a mahoosive amount of money and unless you can provide evidence that the money has dried up I fail to see where you're coming from.

No hard feelings mate, but I don't get it never have.

I'm still interested to know what you think the similarities are between the Ellis 'cycle' and this situation?

Tricella, if he goes, we'll need a manager you idiot! You are the master of blanket statements! All you want is a manager to go out and buy a bunch of no hopers from Europe! At the game I knew you would be on here sticking the knife in! You mention last year only because we lost if we had won, it wouldn't even be mentioned! Getting rid will not be the answer!
why just pick out tric,he's not the only one on here that wants mon to go..

Why? Did it not happen?

This sentence is tripe, are seriously trying to say we looked better than the end of last season?

To be fair, it's you that is the narrow minded one, can't see Villa's failings at the moment. Perhaps Sir would like to take his head out of the sand?

Â