1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well weve lost one game to our bogey team and people are just being ridiculous

I think it was the way we lost rather than losing at home to Wigan.

No coherence , no nothing and this is now O'Neills team.

Only Gabby he didnt sign that played today.

Also looking at results from February it is actually relegation form.

I can understand others frustration - im livid myself but i wouldnt want O'Neill sacked.

What about the last 18 games?

that was last season, everyone seemed optimistic for this season, we lose one game to a very good wigan team who will finish top 10 this season

so what if we have a slow start it will come good, MON is a very good motivator, jus look at the first half of last season

He should stay and finish what he started.

To suggest he should leave after one game of the season is **** bullshit and downright fickle.

And dont start the shit about 'oh but the end of last season'

Everton had a bollocks 3 months at the start of last season, As did Arsenal. Teams have dips in forms. The end of last season was ours.

To say we simply carried on from the end of last season is just pure tripe, and quite simply goes to show how narrow minded and fickle some fans are.

Two 'fickles' in one post, you've outdone yourself. No run along and have a look what it really means eh?

Ah, the ol' run along kiddo response.

A great sign that one is truly perplexed and unable to come back with a decent response.

Laughable really. As are your views :)

You have, so far, failed miserably to give a valid reason for this opinion mate to be fair.

Well Dave if I haven't given one that you are happy with that's a bit different to not giving one at all.

There has been a lot said about MON taking us as far as he can, but has Randy?

The problem is Richard, you seem to be contradicting yourself at every turn. He has spent a mahoosive amount of money and unless you can provide evidence that the money has dried up I fail to see where you're coming from.

No hard feelings mate, but I don't get it never have.

I'm still interested to know what you think the similarities are between the Ellis 'cycle' and this situation?

Well Dave, I do not think it has dried up. I think there is money there. However, I do not think Randy has sufficient funds to spend the money required to push for a top four position. Which top quality established players have we bought? Sure we spent 50M last summer but I would argue it was needed to correct the years of under investment by Ellis. Now Randy has come out and basically said we will spend less than last year yadda yadda, but to me we need to spend at least the same amount.

As to the three years the similarity is that the fans slagged off changing a manager after three years under Ellis, produced averages to show how long managers lasted and said for a club to be successful you need to stick with a manager to build success ( Fergusson hardly blossomed in his first years at manure etc etc etc) now three years down the line it's all MON OUT!

Stay.

I think if we got rid of him, we'd be considered a joke much alike Newcastle were for getting rid of Sir Bobby 5 years ago. We finished 6th the past 2 years, which is an outstanding acheivment. If we were to finish 9th or something this season, I'd have to ask questions.

that was last season, everyone seemed optimistic for this season, we lose one game to a very good wigan team who will finish top 10 this season

so what if we have a slow start it will come good, MON is a very good motivator, jus look at the first half of last season

Okay.. so we should all still remember that we ended 6th last season right? but not the way we ended 6th ?

What, of last season?

Yes.. or is it only the good things we should remember?

Like winning the European Cup, the League, the FA Cup etc? Yes, remember those things.

Remembering our burnout from last season and use it as an excuse for today and why MON should go is quite frankly ridiculous.

Yes it happened, yes it coincided with the end of the season, but this is a new season. Why choose to remember the bad part of the season, why not the good, where we had one of the best away records in the league, for example?

No, you're probably right - MON has become a bad manager over the past 6 months! Get him out.

To suggest he should leave after one game of the season is **** bullshit and downright fickle.

Everton had a bollocks 3 months at the start of last season, As did Arsenal. Teams have dips in forms. The end of last season was ours.

To say we simply carried on from the end of last season is just pure tripe, and quite simply goes to show how narrow minded and fickle some fans are.

The difference my friend is teams like Spurs , Arsenal and Man City as well as others saw where they went wrong last season and corrected it.

We however, have either failed to see where we were going wrong, or having saw it, have not corrected it.

3 yrs - Milner at RB !!!! :D

CEBD - you slagged me off something rotten last night. As I said to Tarumber -just take off your blinkers will you.

Come on - answer me this very simple question.

NRC was probably our best player in pre-season, captaining the side when Petrov was out (therefore, its fair to say he is vice-captain)

You then leave this guy out for a 19yr old who has NEVER played within 40 league placings of where we were last year.

AND

When he sees he has totally got it wrong - he STILL leaves him on the bench and brings on a 18yr old to play in midfield !

How the hell can you defend that !.

And I tell you what - you talk of bringing in players - we will be another one short by Friday coz NRC will be off mate !

Tricella, if he goes, we'll need a manager you idiot! You are the master of blanket statements! All you want is a manager to go out and buy a bunch of no hopers from Europe! At the game I knew you would be on here sticking the knife in! You mention last year only because we lost if we had won, it wouldn't even be mentioned! Getting rid will not be the answer!

Dont get so fired up. Remember..dont make me the scapegoat because you angry Villas performance today. It is not my wrong what you saw today and I understand you really hate it when you get the sense that maybe...just maybe..the idiot called Tricella has something with what he says.

I will give you a name...Guus Hiddink. Now I know what you will do with this...but I dont care. I have more names that could lift the club further. MON aint all that...

Guus Hiddink is not beyond us. He has had a taste of Premier League and he liked it very much. When he came to Chelsea I am very positive he already knew they had Ancelotti lined up but that he couldnt get available earlier. Abramovich opted for a short term solution by bringing one of his employees..Guus Hiddink..to the club to fill the time gap.

Guus Hiddink is one of few managers I really think would be gettable for Villa and he would probably represent the top class manager the club need.

He would also bring quality to the club...in players. I bet that Sneijder wouldnt be that hard to get if Lerner had the money to back it up. Well..this is me dreaming of a new era...but we will have to wait because MON wont leave by himself and Lerner is reluctant to sack him.

What, of last season?

Yes.. or is it only the good things we should remember?

Like winning the European Cup, the League, the FA Cup etc? Yes, remember those things.

Remembering our burnout from last season and use it as an excuse for today and why MON should go is quite frankly ridiculous.

Yes it happened, yes it coincided with the end of the season, but this is a new season. Why choose to remember the bad part of the season, why not the good, where we had one of the best away records in the league, for example?

No, you're probably right - MON has become a bad manager over the past 6 months! Get him out.

we won just 2 games in 17 competitive games, and our team is weaker than the team which played so bad last half of last season

that tells me something

The difference my friend is teams like Spurs , Arsenal and Man City as well as others saw where they went wrong last season and corrected it.

We however, have either failed to see where we were going wrong, or having saw it, have not corrected it.

CEBD - you slagged me off something rotten last night. As I said to Tarumber -just take off your blinkers will you.

NRC was probably our best player in pre-season, captaining the side when Petrov was out (therefore, its fair to say he is vice-captain)

You then leave this guy out for a 19yr old who has NEVER played within 40 league placings of where we were last year.

AND

When he sees he has totally got it wrong - he STILL leaves him on the bench and brings on a 18yr old to play in midfield !

And I tell you what - you talk of bringing in players - we will be another one short by Friday coz NRC will be off mate !

Delph was a lot better than Petrov why are you not slagging him?

Also Heskey was better than Carew in pre season but I guarantee you would have called for Carew to start.

We were chasing goals why would we bring Reo Coker on?

Bad 2nd half of season. Tremendous Peace Cup. Decent performance against Fiorentina. Dire today.

Martin O'Neill, hero to zero, eh? We might do well to sleep on it. I have no more wish that O'Neill goes than I have that we get a richer owner.

Stay. 100% stay. And no more of this new manager every 3 or 4 years. One bloody match. DOL was right.

AND

You're judging that we havent corrected it after one game?

I'm not defending MON and i'm not defending todays performance, it was shite.

Im just saying after 1 game of the new season, its a bit stupid to be calling for someones head.

Come Setember 1st and we stil have 0 points, lacklustre performances and no significant new players, then i'll be worried.

But it's too early yet, you're around 20 years older than me, you should know the value of patience.

Â