O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Last time this poll ran, the results were 98% (roughly) in favour of O'Neill. I'm just interested to see what the split is now. The majority will still be in favour I reckon, but let's see who, if anybody, have changed their minds.

I don't think he's the right man to take us forward. That's not just a knee jerk reaction to today's disgraceful performance, but a considered opinion after months of abject, one dimensional football, and also what I see as his dismal lack of ability in the transfer market.

It might be asking a lot, but could we try and keep it civil?

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say go mon,i think he's done all he can for us...we need proper quality players here and he's not a good enough manager to bring them here..we need a good center back here now,we could still have Garry Cahill only for he let im go,brought in Curis instead and he's not as good..

I have wanted him gone for over a season and half now, keeps playing players out of posistion and absolutely shocking in the transfer market yet complains we need more players but never seems to add to the squad without getting rid of a few, TBH Ive never really brought into the whole MON is the messiah hysteria.....could do much much better than MON....UTV

May be surprising to a few on here but I have voted stay - for now.

However, I wouldn't leave it long before I said "go". 10 matches about right.

I don't and never have thought he was the guy people think he is, but sack after 1 game is ridicuous.

Who then ?

I honestly don't know, but I want to be excited. Hey it might not work but I want the same feeling when Chelsea (who were similar position to us) got Gullit.

A glamour name, a name to get you dreaming - he might turn out to be crap - but at least I'd have a dream - and if it was good..............

Who is available, don't know to be honest, Jol would have been perfect but he's gone and wont be available for a while.

However, a (can never spell this so gonna spell as it sounds !) Rikeyard :D or equivelant

I am sure we could attract one - we are (at the moment ! ) a top Premier league club in Europe. - Jesus - if Notts County can get Sven.............

This season has gone, we will finish between 8th - 14th - we ain't gonna go down, we ain't gonna get Europe (unless we spend 50m very quickly !) , therefore, I'd use this season to plan for post O'Neill

My 'Dear Martin' thread got locked and redirected to Matchday reaction thread.

Mods prerogative of course, but it was more about the loss of direction of O'Neill since the turn of the year, to which today's appalling performance just adds.

I wrote three years ago that he was the man to galvanise the club for a period and move on and all that he has done for me is reinforce that view.

He allowed Everton to overhaul a 10 point advantage last season because his teams lack motivation, direction and basic understanding, and I don't really think that he knows how to fix the problem.

I certainly would prefer it if he moved on leaving any money available to be spent by the new manager.

May be surprising to a few on here but I have voted stay - for now.

However, I wouldn't leave it long before I said "go". 10 matches about right.

I don't and never have thought he was the guy people think he is, but sack after 1 game is ridicuous.

Who then ?

I honestly don't know, but I want to be excited. Hey it might not work but I want the same feeling when Chelsea (who were similar position to us) got Gullit.

A glamour name, a name to get you dreaming - he might turn out to be crap - but at least I'd have a dream - and if it was good..............

Who is available, don't know to be honest, Jol would have been perfect but he's gone and wont be available for a while.

However, a (can never spell this so gonna spell as it sounds !) Rikeyard :D or equivelant

I am sure we could attract one - we are (at the moment ! ) a top Premier league club in Europe. - Jesus - if Notts County can get Sven.............

This season has gone, we will finish between 8th - 14th - we ain't gonna go down, we ain't gonna get Europe (unless we spend 50m very quickly !) , therefore, I'd use this season to plan for post O'Neill

see its not just one game..2 wins in 19 says it all imo..

Stay.

Give him the rest of the summer window to bring some players in and start winning some games.

I asked myself this question at the end of last season when he said he wouldn't outstay his welcome, and once he feels he's taken us as far as he can, he'll go. So this may well be his last anyway. We missed the best chance we're likely to have to break into the top four, but missed out. I can't see us being presented with a better chance anytime soon, so I think we're going to be part of that group of teams, Tottenham, Everton etc that are unable make that final step up.

He's not good enough in the transfer market. I know its difficult as we're not in Champions League and don't pay massive wages, but he needs to be more ambitious, or somebody else will be.

He's not good enough in the transfer market. I know its difficult as we're not in Champions League and don't pay massive wages, but he needs to be more ambitious, or somebody else will be.

Pretty much spot on really. I've banged on for months about how he needs to be given time, but to go into the first game of the season as under prepared as we were is unacceptable. A lot of us thought we would be fine, but then we don't get paid the big bucks.

Â