O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Go.

He's tactically inept at the moment and has shown himself to be narrowminded, slow and unambitious in the transfer market. I love his passion, but I hate his excuses and his failings. He's so stubborn he hasn't changed a failing system in what, 6 months?

If he's prepared to go out and sign the players, and does so, I'm happy.

I said a couple of weeks ago we needed the '5' in before Fiorentina, and funnily enough nothing has changed - we needed them in, and they weren't brought in, and we were punished by a cleverer, brighter and braver manager today.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely don't think he knows what he's doing. He's too much of a ditherer in the transfer market and tactically woeful. I know it's incredibly early, but unless we sign some top quality in the next fortnight, I think he may have taken us as far as he can. How a top flight club can only have 2 centre backs is beyond me. I would love to see what gems David Moyes could find with a bit of cash behind him at Villa.

Inept performance from Mr O,Neil during the summer, todays game emphasised he does not know what he,s doing. We knew we needed defenders how many windows ago. I feel his body language during todays game shows he,s clueless and unfortunately we have all gone along with him during the last 3 months, thinking he knew what he was doing and the players would come flooding in. Unfortunately because he has no pulling power we have achieved 3 players, 1 a potential maybe world beater kid, 1 a half ok player but crocked to Christmas and 1 a Barcode throw out ok possibly cover player. Does that set the football world on fire NO !I don,t see him getting anyone else now players looking at that performance if they thought of us may well go elsewhere, that,s if you even believe he has further recruits lined up. Personally I don,t think he has, but if he has its possibly a Sol Campbell type. He,s conned us should have seen this coming last season, I think we did but were frightened to scream O,Neil out, one performance that I go back to way Man City away this sums up his lack of tactical awareness.

A BIG O,NEIL OUT, HE BECAME EMBARRASSING TODAY,WE DESERVE BETTER AT VILLA PARK

and so the witch hunt begins. IMO this is an opportunity a few fans have been waiting a while to jump on,. Oh well another three year cycle begins it seems , and they told me the days of Ellis had gone

and so the witch hunt begins. IMO this is an opportunity a few fans have been waiting a while to jump on,. Oh well another three year cycle begins it seems , and they told me the days of Ellis had gone

Yeah we are some who thinks that we can't blame randy for buying shit players, and making them playing shit.. can't be Randy's fault

Maybe, just maybe 3-4 years is the right sort of time needed to judge?

He has spent a lot of money Richard and we still don't have a defence that is passable for a side with ambitions of the top 6 never mind top 4.

Colour it how you want, that's not on. It's not the right time for him to go, he's earned a chance this season based on the improvements the club has made over the last 3 years. But it's not looking very good from where I'm sitting.

Some rumors also say he has lost the dressing room, and that is the reason we play like we do

No they don't :?

from the Fear

My observation?

He's lost the changing room.

Never seen them perform like that in the first game and NEVER heard them booed off in the first game at half time let alone full time.

Rumours all summer about players not happy, even one coming home 'injured' led to rumours. Rumours of players not liking the lack of tactics, 5 aside games etc.

NRC was furious today when Allbrighton (a kid) came on. NRC is MON's signing, he cost £8.5m and was on the bench.

Milner didn't look happy being put to full back.

JC had a face like wet weekend before the game, he was going to be on the bench, he didn't hobble off after warm up.

Hmmm, another 'injury'... or just pissed off that a donkey and a chunky lazy kid got in the team before him?

You decide!

Go.

He's tactically inept at the moment and has shown himself to be narrowminded, slow and unambitious in the transfer market. I love his passion, but I hate his excuses and his failings. He's so stubborn he hasn't changed a failing system in what, 6 months?

If he's prepared to go out and sign the players, and does so, I'm happy.

I said a couple of weeks ago we needed the '5' in before Fiorentina, and funnily enough nothing has changed - we needed them in, and they weren't brought in, and we were punished by a cleverer, brighter and braver manager today.

Yep. I know we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but from the outside looking in, he's far to pedestrian when it comes to the transfer market.

Didn't Sporting Lisbon tell us to stop dithering about a deal for that Veluso? It really wouldn't suprise me if they had!

He has spent a lot of money Richard and we still don't have a defence that is passable for a side with ambitions of the top 6 never mind top 4.

Colour it how you want, that's not on. It's not the right time for him to go, he's earned a chance this season based on the improvements the club has made over the last 3 years. But it's not looking very good from where I'm sitting.

I don't think he's the right man to take us forward. That's not just a knee jerk reaction to today's disgraceful performance, but a considered opinion after months of abject, one dimensional football, and also what I see as his dismal lack of ability in the transfer market.

Well, yes it is. Are you saying you were going to post this poll regardless of todays result?

We lost and as a result you've started this poll.

Have you forgotten then end of last season? This isn't just as a result of todays game.

We fell away badly at the end of last season, and he had no answers, he didn't know how to stop the rot, and things appear to be picking up where they left off. Add to that the summer window so far has been poor.

Pretty much agree.

Laursen's retirement of course was unfortunate but everyone knew he was only ever a knock away from being **** and of course wasn't an O'Neill signing.

THIS is O'Neill's team now.

2 senior centre backs (who are at best dubious at mo) at a topflight club is just baffling...

incidently i did vote for stay

So under Ellis it was a dreaded 3 year cycle and now under Randy it's good enough to judge.

I said before Randy joined us his PR skills were excellent, well events of the last two weeks tell me even I underestimated it

I think your almost spot on. The three year cycles under Ellis at times started off very brightly - Atkinson finishing 2nd then Leagues cup success, Little, 4th in the league, League Cup win, Gregory 7th then 6th place finishes, O'Leary 6th place finish. We then had slumps, massive in some cases.

Mon though has improved season on season, something we have not seen since the days of Saunders. Whether that continues to be the same this season it is far too early to say. What I do know is though is that by getting rid of the manager now will not lead to any sustained success.

Â