EL: Rapid Vienna a 2009/08/20 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF has happend to Davies? He used to be a really good defender IMO

shoulder injury. he was great last season until he hurt his shoulder against everton. hasnt been the same since then. for the goal it looked like he hurt it again, jumping with the defender and suddenly hes down on the floor in pain.

of course he could have had it all sorted with an operation, but that would mean MON had to sign some defenders as davies would be out a few months

A young :shock: :shock: Have watched him in pre season.. for England ... Against Wigan ... & tonight & have yet to see him do anything at all!!!!!!

Midfield no creation whatsoever.. Strikers no accuracy & defenders prone to awful mistakes!!!! in fact for me we were just horrible & very hard to watch & don't even look like creating a half chance let alone score"!" AWFUL

would it really be a disaster if we went out of Europe in the first round, or a blessing in disguise?

A Blessing thats for sure.

Squad is tiny and will struggle in the prem so for me forget europe focus on staying safe in the premiership.

But surely our ambition in the premiership is to qualify for Europe, but by going out in the 1st round kind of makes it pointless even trying to get there in the league!?

This

If MON had pulled his **** finger out we would not have to be making excuses.

me personally i think we have more chance of winning the league cup or fa cup

Me personally based on current form i think we should be looking to avoid relegation let alone any kind of cup run this squad is in a right state abysmal

Centre backs are teams, and Davies was signed to play alongside Laursen ... and played well. Laursen wasn't the demi-god he appears to be in people's recollections, he was slow to turn sometimes, and his passing was dodgy ... Davies complimented him well.

Our defence lacks an organiser, but is looking better with a stronger midfield in front of it.

I must have low expectations because I'm not unhappy with the way we've played.