EL: Rapid Vienna a 2009/08/20 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shorey looks like Evra out there!!! Ok not quite, but what a turnaround from Saturday. I'd take of Gardner and bring on Delph. Heskey is playing well. FFS "IF" MON signs a new CB he better send Mr. Bambi on Ice Davies to the bench and keep Cuellar on. I'd be happy with 1-1.

Ref is shocking.

Heskey is isolated, Young needs to do something i think its fair to say.

Sidwell is meh, Reo-Coker is doing well, Gardner needs taken off.

Davies is a liability but we've no back up. Annnd Shorey is our best player so far.

We've dominated the game but we lack a cutting edge. Just like a midtable team :(

Hopefully Super Super Gabby Abby will bomb on and score a hat-trick.

Bloody Villa.

At least they're doing one thing right - making me drink more

With you all the way, I've just sent the wife out to get me some more Cider! :P

You sound gone already by that sentence. Good on you! :D

Thats it im off,some of you are just a Bunch of bloody deppresed miserable idiots determined to moan,i don`t need to listen to it.

Close the door on the way out and don't return, there's a good lad.

would it really be a disaster if we went out of Europe in the first round, or a blessing in disguise?

A Blessing thats for sure.

Squad is tiny and will struggle in the prem so for me forget europe focus on staying safe in the premiership.

But surely our ambition in the premiership is to qualify for Europe, but by going out in the 1st round kind of makes it pointless even trying to get there in the league!?

would it really be a disaster if we went out of Europe in the first round, or a blessing in disguise?

The former! I don't see how it could be a blessing. Maybewe could try going out in the 3rd round of the domestic cups as well, that way we could concentrate on finishing in the top 6 and er, qualifying for europe?!

I love euroean nights, if we went out to rapid vienna it would further dampen morale, both for the team and fans, lets win the ****!

We're looking ok at the moment, the full backs have played well, we just need the midfield to come and collect the ball a bit more and have a little bit more movement in the centre of the park.

Vienna look pretty average apart from their goal their other efforts on goal have been pretty average. We are passing it well just lacking in the final third. The referee has been extremely poor this first half, Gardner just isn't plain good enough. Both full backs are looking pretty good.

Seriously, do we just watch the pitch for the whole 15 mins?

haha on IraqGoals? I thought it was a close up of Sidwell :twisted:

al jazera has alan curbishly with expert analysis :D