EL: Rapid Vienna a 2009/08/20 Match Thread

limpid

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're a bit like west brom :shock: some nice passing in the middle, but shocking at the back and no creativity upfront. dont think we have had a shot on target.

what happened with davies, they just showed him on the floor in pain and the player scoring. no doubt his shoulder popped out again or something. he shouldnt be playing, he should have the operation and get his shoulder sorted. but he cant as MON hasnt bothered to sign a CB, infact he let our only other one go.

upfront we have nothing. our tactic is pass it around a bit, run out of ideas, so send it out wide and bang in a cross that heskey has to fight 2 defenders for.

i would take gardner off because hes not doing much and get delph on. we need something upfront to, maybe bring on gabby as he is likely to move around better than heskey.

If I was O'Neil i'd go Albrighton for Gardner. Milner comes inside Sidwell for Delph.

How about you barry_static? ;)

:oops: Internet went funny there

NRC looks good in the middle today.

Can't blame Heskey too much he isn't getting much support from the midfield and wasn't far off with the chance he got

They have given us so much space in midfield. But the most creative player for us is Shorey. His dribbling and passing has been better than anyone in claret and blue.

And they are walking through our midfield and defense. Three central midfielders, and still they can't take the ball off them. NRC should be holding more, and Sidwell and Gardner are invisible defensively.

This is the just pathetic. MON better bring in a quality defender, and a creative midfielder, or we will not finish in the top half of the table. Not a chance based on this shit.

what i meant to say is that our tiny squad will not be able to cope with all the cup comps and the league, so something will have to give, me personally i think we have more chance of winning the league cup or fa cup.

anyway i cant believe we are still talking about squad size afters three years.

We can go on and win this, if we'd won at the weekend people wouldn't be overreacting so much. We need to get some support to Heskey and just keep plodding away. A goal could see our confidence increase considerably.

would it really be a disaster if we went out of Europe in the first round, or a blessing in disguise?

A Blessing thats for sure.

Squad is tiny and will struggle in the prem so for me forget europe focus on staying safe in the premiership.

But surely our ambition in the premiership is to qualify for Europe, but by going out in the 1st round kind of makes it pointless even trying to get there in the league!?

You won't get far on this site talking such sense ;-)

Seriously, do we just watch the pitch for the whole 15 mins?

haha on IraqGoals? I thought it was a close up of Sidwell :twisted:

al jazera has alan curbishly with expert analysis :D

The pitch is starting to look OK now...

You missed his brillianty maths. When talking about Man Utd and Chelsa he knows Utd beat SHA on the opening weekend but said they find themselves 5 points behind Chelsea after 2 games :lol: