Peace Cup: Atlante a 2009/07/29 Match thread

limpid

Might Petrov's injury be a blessing in disguise?

Based on this evidence NRC is playing well, and could do what Petrov does for us equally well. A good backup so to speak.

But with Petrov injured, it might jolt MON into making that central midfield signing not only sooner, but also definitely getting in a decent, first-team quality player.

Some good performances tonight so far.

Reo-Coker looking strong again in his natural position. Sidwell getting involved more as well.

Albrighton is doing some business down the right.

Guzan is looking solid. You'd be disappointed if he let in the shots he saved, but it's nice to know he doesn't let them past a la Carson!

And the biggest plus of the night.... Cuellar looking like he's turning into a defensive monster. All good stuff.

And in all honesty, the others may not have played at their best, but there's no way they've been as bad as some have made out.

Petrov being out could be a blessing in disguise...

I agree, on two counts, it should spur the Manager into upping his game in the transfer market, and secondly we have looked so much better since he went off.

I don't think that has anything to do with Petrov. I think it's more to do with us now having a right winger on the right wing.

If NRC was the one off injured, I think we'd be playing just as well.

(What an atrocious tackle for Carlos.)