The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just now, PieFacE said:

Also watched The Killer. It was good. Just not sure why anyone felt the need to make it. Especially Fincher. 

That was my lingering thought after watching it.

I thought it was OK, and thought Fassbender did well with very little dialogue, but I thought it was a total waste of Fincher's talent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

That was my lingering thought after watching it.

I thought it was OK, and thought Fassbender did well with very little dialogue, but I thought it was a total waste of Fincher's talent.

Can only assume Netflix or whoever chucked a huge bag of cash at him for it. Seems an odd film for him to take on. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is brilliant definitely recommend.  Glad to see skme old school slashers returning. This was very good.

Screenshot_20231120_102540_Chrome.jpg

Tickets booked for tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Amazing that it took him (Roth) this long to make it after the 'fake' Grindhouse trailer all those years ago 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Tickets booked for tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Amazing that it took him (Roth) this long to make it after the 'fake' Grindhouse trailer all those years ago 😄

I was gonna tag you in the post funny enough. Its really good. Lemme know your thoughts when you seen it 😃

• Like 1

Watched the Green Knight tonight.

I quite enjoyed it. I can absolutely see why some wouldn't - it's quite artsy and it tells what is, on the surface, a very simple story across some extended scenes and shots that make it have a fairly languid pace. So it's got lots of 'pretentious' points. And it is reasonably faithful as an adaptation of the Arthurian chivalric story its based on, which means it's essentially an extended fable and as such the plot isn't really the point. 

But it is very well done, very beautiful from both an art design and cinematography perspective, lots of good performances and very nice extensions and developments of the fundamental story to play with the themes and interpretations of what it's about.

So yeah, not for everyone, but if it catches your fancy it's on Amazon Prime in 4k and will worth a couple of hours of your time, if you can stand some Arthurian fables.

34 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I watched Sisu last night, a Finnish film about a mythical figure fighting the Nazis.

I haven't laughed so much in ages.

he does not mess about does he🤣

Didn't put this in the book thread cos I listened to it on Spotify in his full blown sexy voice but I recently listened to matthew mcconaughey book greenlights on Spotify so tonight I watched a time to kill, I've never seen it before, known about it for ages but never watched it, it's alright, it's a 7/10, it's too long, the klan stuff is over done but it's saved by several really good performances, it's basically a 2 and half hour wait for "what if she was white" it's watchable for sure 

Would say on MM I like him, his voice is incredible, his book is littered with bullshit, he like goes off on tangents about philosophy and God knows what else, he's a weirdo but when he narrows it down to the story of his life it's really good, he talks about his easy money rom com years, he has got chops in there somewhere to be fair to him, what I did like is how fondly he talks about reign of fire, good **** film 

• Like 1

Been getting into this whole "Giallo" thing lately (until two weeks ago I thought that was the name of a director!)

Always been a horror fan but this is a very particular genre

Watched Susperia, Opera, Tenebrae and Torso so far. All class (if weird)

Open to any other suggestions form you proper movie guys

• Like 2

Â