The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The joys of parenthood mean I got to see Kung Fu Panda 3 yesterday.

more of the same really , if you didn't like the other 2 then don't bother going to see this one ... Killed a few hours and made me chuckle , no killer gags though like "stealth mode " but a few decent visual gags 

but  The joke has worn a bit thin now though so much as I like the characters , no more please 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

He'll forever be J Jonah Jameson.

For such a relatively small part in that film, he stole every scene he was in.  I loved that character.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

Xmen 1 famously has some absolute clunkers of dialogue. The worst is probably the line from Storm when Toad is electrocuted. Absolutely awful.

Yep that's the one. To this day I still don't understand what they were even attempting with that line.

Dreadful film, and for me the sequel was as bad if not worse.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep that's the one. To this day I still don't understand what they were even attempting with that line.

Dreadful film, and for me the sequel was as bad if not worse.

You're literally the only person I've ever seen that thinks Xmen 2 on a par with, let alone worse, than 1, I think you'd be in an exceptionally small minority on that point :). As I said it's generally considered as one of the better comic book adaptations there is.

Well it's a while since I've seen it.

All I know is I hated XMen 1, and was assured XMen 2 was better and that would get me in the mood for watching more of the XMen films.

By the time I'd finished 2 I'd seen enough to know that I wasn't going to watch anymore XMen films.

Maybe it is better than 1, but it was still crap, and it's nowhere near the better comic book films out there. 

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Is that the line? :D

That's the one. Absolutely terrible. I think Whedon was credited with it, which I think can only mean he was having a bad day or drunk at the time he wrote it.

2 is a very good movie imo.

I think it sits behind days of future past as the best of all of them.

I'd probably go:

Days of Future Past > 2 > First Class > 1 > The Wolverine > Wolverine (Origins) > 3

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

2 is a very good movie imo.

I think it sits behind days of future past as the best of all of them.

I'd probably go:

Days of Future Past > 2 > First Class > 1 > The Wolverine > Wolverine (Origins) > 3

Undeservedly kind to Origins there, which is an abomination of a movie. I'm to this day astounded at how bad the effects were on the blades in the bathroom scene.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Undeservedly kind to Origins there, which is an abomination of a movie. I'm to this day astounded at how bad the effects were on the blades in the bathroom scene.

It is awful, but I reserve an extra layer of loathing for 3 as it destroyed all the good work that 2 had done.

(although I did laugh my tiny tits off at Vinnie Jones character because it was just soooo bad)

Edited by Designer1

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It is awful, but I reserve an extra layer of loathing for 3 as it destroyed all the good work that 2 had done.

(although I did laugh my tiny tits off at Vinnie Jones character because it was just soooo bad)

I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Origins is just so bad I can't place it ahead of anything. Even the good ideas in it are dreadfully implemented.

The new one I expect to settle in ahead of First Class but I'll be surprised if it's any better than that. It might be the first movie in the franchise to have a credible villain that isn't Magneto, which could help it.

Â