The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Legov - here is my summary.

A young girl (played by an outstanding Hailee Steinfield) aged 14 sets off to avenge her fathers death, as his killer, Tom Chaney (Josh Brolin) has escaped justice. She hires the toughest marshall she can find, Rooster cogburn (Jeff Bridges in fine form) and they are also joined by a pompous twattish texas ranger LaBoeuf (Matt Damon). They search for Chaney in the wilds of America attempting to follow him but he's joined up with Lucky Ned Peppers gang. Won't reveal any more, great watch though.

The Prestige is cery good film. Dont think Nolan has made a bad film. Even Insomnia is very underrated movie but has great Al Pacino performance.

Am going to watch Green Zone tonight. Have heard from a friend that its very good

The Prestige is on tonight on BBC2 defo watch it if you haven't seen it yet. It's better than Dark Knight and Inception imv, second best Nolan movie after Memento.

Take out Bowie and some other shocking performances and you might have a point.

The acting alone in Inception and the Dark Knight makes them superior.

All good flicks though.

The Prestige is cery good film. Dont think Nolan has made a bad film. Even Insomnia is very underrated movie but has great Al Pacino performance.

Am going to watch Green Zone tonight. Have heard from a friend that its very good

Cheers for the tip, been meaning to see The Prestige for a while, just set it to record in the nick of time!

Green Zone was good, but nothing special, imo. Worth a watch but not very memorable.

Edit: Read the posts wrong. CVByrne provided the Prestige tip, so thankyou to him. I'll leave the quote though as my Green Zone comments still apply.

Cheers for the tip, been meaning to see The Prestige for a while, just set it to record in the nick of time!

Green Zone was good, but nothing special, imo. Worth a watch but not very memorable.

Edit: Read the posts wrong. CVByrne provided the Prestige tip, so thankyou to him. I'll leave the quote though as my Green Zone comments still apply.

Ill still take the credit :winkold:

I saw an italian Oscar winning film from 1997, yesterday. The title translated from swedish to english would be "Life is wonderfull". Great film. Very tragic, but still very fun. Absolutely great.

I saw an italian Oscar winning film from 1997, yesterday. The title translated from swedish to english would be "Life is wonderfull". Great film. Very tragic, but still very fun. Absolutely great.

think its called Life is beautiful over here.

Wasnt that the guy who walked the chairs at the Oscars

Â