The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

the social network did the buisness at the globes. best film (drama) , best director, best screenplay and best original score.

firth/portman as expected.

Crazy if you ask me, when it comes to Social Network. I thought it was a good film, yet no way near as good as some people seem to think it is. Best director is truly shocking in my opinion. No way near the best directed film of the year...

Why because nothing fancy is going on?

Fincher directed cracking performance's out almost everyone in it, controlled a great script well and produced a fine film.

Really looking forward to Neds, directed by the fantastic Peter Mullan (Trainspotting/Young Adam/Red Riding etc). Getting rave reviews at the moment, and should be a corker.

British-Movies-UK-Film-Neds-Poster1-e1289265039908-300x180.jpg

Mullan is also starring in a movie later on this year called Tyrannosaur, which marks the full directorial debut of a certain Paddy Considine (Dead Mans Shoes/Romeo Brass etc). If he's half as good behind the camera as in front, it should be fantastic.

I fancy "The Kings Speech"..was supposed to go last Monday with some friends but was too busy.

Watched "The Green Zone" now showing on Sky - Matt Damon is excellent in it & it's quite topical with Tony Blair's apology for Iraq war & WMD.

Also watched a quirky Indie film on Sky Anytime with Robin Williams superb as the rather disturbed Si in "1 hour Photo".... It's kind of an awkward to watch, extremely precise armchair Hitchcock offering, which slowly builds up to a scary climax & explanation of his obsessive bizarre behaviour. Well worth checking out.

Also watched a quirky Indie film on Sky Anytime with Robin Williams superb as the rather disturbed Si in "1 hour Photo".... It's kind of an awkward to watch, extremely precise armchair Hitchcock offering, which slowly builds up to a scary climax & explanation of his obsessive bizarre behaviour. Well worth checking out.

One Hour Photo is the previous film that Mark Romanek did before Never Let Me Go (see post above).

Seems to be a very solid director.

Watched Devil last night. Quite clever and a bit of a Whoodunnit thriller, had me guessing throughout and was quite tense. Pretty good.

thought this was awfull watched it last week, I had it sussed after about 15/20 minutes

its one of them who dunnit lets make it a complete shock by making the person who dunnit the least likely...therefore making it the most obvious

Watched Devil last night. Quite clever and a bit of a Whoodunnit thriller, had me guessing throughout and was quite tense. Pretty good.

thought this was awfull watched it last week, I had it sussed after about 15/20 minutes

its one of them who dunnit lets make it a complete shock by making the person who dunnit the least likely...therefore making it the most obvious

I didn't have that person down as being least likely, didn't think it was that simple and could have been anyone.

SPOLIERS!!!

Not sure what you thought, but I had anyone in the building down as a suspect, from something the security guy said earlier in the film.

Didn't think it was brilliant and the ending was a bit crap, but quite good.

Â