The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Dirty Harry (1971)

Watched this last night for the first time in a while and really enjoyed it.I had forgotten just how good Clint Eastwood was in his prime.I cant recall a film i have watched with Eastwood in it, which was pants,A 8/10

Paint Your Wagon.

Yes Paint your Wagon was a musical. Can't think of a rubbish film he's directed either, even going back to the 70s with the delightful Breezy.

Directed - flags of our father

Think my opinion of it (it's crap) isn't helped by letters of Iwo Jima being absolutely brilliant, as in private Ryan, red line, brotherhood, downfall level brilliant

Flags of our fathers is boring and feels like something I've seen hundreds of times already

Stunningly bad trailer

Noooo! I like it as a teaser, it's all grown up and a bit more of a thriller, that money shot on the boat approaching the cabin is stunning, no doubt they could have made a trailer similar to the mad max one showing Batista and bond fighting but that's not as intriguing as that teaser, I like that they don't show waltz properly, I like that there are still a few links to previous films (look closely at the piece of paper next to the photo, tbf that paper and photo gives up the plot of the film and tells you who waltz is)

Dirty Harry (1971)

Watched this last night for the first time in a while and really enjoyed it.I had forgotten just how good Clint Eastwood was in his prime.I cant recall a film i have watched with Eastwood in it, which was pants,A 8/10

Paint Your Wagon.

large_fcwYEVdBa251yqeuTfFQXHlMrHt.jpg

Stunningly bad trailer

Noooo! I like it as a teaser, it's all grown up and a bit more of a thriller, that money shot on the boat approaching the cabin is stunning, no doubt they could have made a trailer similar to the mad max one showing Batista and bond fighting but that's not as intriguing as that teaser, I like that they don't show waltz properly, I like that there are still a few links to previous films (look closely at the piece of paper next to the photo, tbf that paper and photo gives up the plot of the film and tells you who waltz is)

Nah, it's James Bond, it's a spectacle, and the official trailer should have a few fireworks. The trailer makes it look boring.

It's not the 1st trailer, it's the teaser, not sure when this happened but pretty much every film does it now, teaser, couple of trailers then the tv spots

And for anyone interested, the first trailer for Star Wars is being shown with avengers and the first trailer for batman v superman is being shown with mad max

Edited by villa4europe

Watching grave of the fireflies, war on the losing side is such an untold story, unfortunately I don't think people care and that's not going to get better, watched a film star,ring tommy lee jones about how America took over japan fol.lowing the war, decent enough film, did nothing, watched a film about post war berlin and rape, unbelievablely good film, doubt most have seen it, that's the story left to tell but the hardest one to sell

Last Knights

maxresdefault.jpg

10/10 for Morgan Freeman's beard in this movie

0/10 for the movie itself though i can't believe Clive Owen took this movie on

I was expecting it to be like King Arthur half decent it wasn't....

Magnum Force (1973)

Another Clint Eastwood classic i enjoyed watching again. As i mentioned earlier i cannot recall ever watching a bad film in which Eastwood was in and someone mentioned Paint Your Wagon and Any Which Way You Can as not being very good I have never seen those two films  even though i actually have Paint Your Wagon ready to watch. Not a great fan of musicals and having seen the trailers of Any Which Way You Can i just did not fancy it .

Watched Godzilla the other night. Was better than I expected, although I wasn't expecting much! Head and shoulders better than the previous Godzilla film

Watched Friday Night Lights last night.

Loved the TV show but I'd never seen the film. It was pretty good, but I never really bought Billy Bob Thornton as a high school coach. Not that it was a bad performance, it just didn't seem to be a role that fit the way I see him. Fargo may have a lot to answer for on that.

Decent watch though. Might watch Remember the Titans tonight to keep up the theme.

Magnum Force (1973)

Another Clint Eastwood classic i enjoyed watching again. As i mentioned earlier i cannot recall ever watching a bad film in which Eastwood was in and someone mentioned Paint Your Wagon and Any Which Way You Can as not being very good I have never seen those two films even though i actually have Paint Your Wagon ready to watch. Not a great fan of musicals and having seen the trailers of Any Which Way You Can i just did not fancy it .

Wot No Rating? Has someone hacked your account pools?

Watched Friday Night Lights last night.

Loved the TV show but I'd never seen the film. It was pretty good, but I never really bought Billy Bob Thornton as a high school coach. Not that it was a bad performance, it just didn't seem to be a role that fit the way I see him. Fargo may have a lot to answer for on that.

Decent watch though. Might watch Remember the Titans tonight to keep up the theme.

Love that film, preferred it to the TV show but maybe it depends on what you saw first.

The Explosions in the Sky soundtrack absolutely makes that movie though. 

Â