The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I had no problem with the light hearted nature of the film. In fact I liked that about it.

But that dancing bit WAS **** stupid. It, like a lot of the humour in the film (imo), crossed the line between light hearted and just stupid.

That's cool, that's your opinion on the movie. But at no point did you liken it to a serious moment like "Luke I am your father" followed by Luke breakdancing. The movie was silly fun and some liked the dance or like me treated it like the miss jokes in Airplane, there were enough hits to make the overall ride lots of fun. How the film ends doesn't matter at all, it's all fun from start to finish.

The film has a talking Racoon, Batista and Chris Patt in it. How could it not be fun. :D

But yet I have seen posters on here comparing it to Star Wars and even seen one poster say it was 'better than Star Wars'!! That's some facked up shit.

Anyway I thought you went on a rant ages ago about people discussing comic book films on the film thread?

Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Complete shite. I quite like Chris Pratt so he bumps it up from a 4/10 to a 5/10. Really don't get what the fuss is about with this film. Just more superhero twaddle....

You should be chased through town by an angry mob and burnt at the stake for that comment, you joyless Heathen! You and your buddies that 'liked' the comment  :twisted:  :D

Either that or we let Rocket and Groot loose on your sorry ass. 

Rocket_Groot_472.jpg

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 2

Superhero movies ARE all shit, but seriously no one goes to see them for a life changing deeply existential cinematic experience? 

Its like going to watch Jurassic Park and then disputing the science. STFU and watch the dinosaurs eating people. 

Exactly, but so many Marvel film try to be serious, trying to be edgy like the Dark Knight etc.. which makes them total fails. If they try to be serious at all, they fall flat on their face. 

I would remove Nolan's Batman trilogy from the wider criticism of Marvel. I think he did something interesting with the character......and I wouldn't class Batman as a Superhero. Just a rich vigilante. A higher rent version of the Punisher. 

Yeah it's pretty vulgar.

Which don't get me wrong, I'm not offended by that or anything, just saying.

It was alright. Not sure I'd recommend it to anyone though

Sorry, what about Chasing Amy is vulgar? (Or were you referring to another post?)

Yeah it's pretty vulgar.

Which don't get me wrong, I'm not offended by that or anything, just saying.

It was alright. Not sure I'd recommend it to anyone though

Sorry, what about Chasing Amy is vulgar? (Or were you referring to another post?)

IIRC, the language and it's no holds barred approach to talking about sex and sexual actions.

But to be honest I've forgotten most of that film so there may be something more specific.

Fairy nuff

I've been on a bit of a Kevin Smith binge lately - including his podcasts (his most recent one with Joe Rogan is quite fascinating, in terms of assessing the potential benefits of drug use)

In general his films are quite hit and miss, Cop Out & Z & M were both films he should have kept away from, I think he's far better suited to directing his own scripts. Tusk has been getting pelters too but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Clerks 3 has been more or less green lit, and you can go over there to appear as an extra if you throw some money at them, as I believe they will be crowd-sourcing for some of the funding

I had no problem with the light hearted nature of the film. In fact I liked that about it.

But that dancing bit WAS **** stupid. It, like a lot of the humour in the film (imo), crossed the line between light hearted and just stupid.

That's cool, that's your opinion on the movie. But at no point did you liken it to a serious moment like "Luke I am your father" followed by Luke breakdancing. The movie was silly fun and some liked the dance or like me treated it like the miss jokes in Airplane, there were enough hits to make the overall ride lots of fun. How the film ends doesn't matter at all, it's all fun from start to finish.

The film has a talking Racoon, Batista and Chris Patt in it. How could it not be fun. :D

But yet I have seen posters on here comparing it to Star Wars and even seen one poster say it was 'better than Star Wars'!! That's some facked up shit.

Anyway I thought you went on a rant ages ago about people discussing comic book films on the film thread?

Why does it matter that some people want to compare it to Star Wars. Sure all movie posters have five stars on them. Every movie poster. Does that mean every movie is a 5 star film?

You have no real argument tbh, you are complaining that a movie that was intended to not be taken seriously at all - at any point - ruined it's "semi serious" story by having a goofy dance at the end. 

Just say it was your mistake to have taken the movie seriously in the first place rather than getting all annoyed that a silly movie has a silly dance at the end. 

Superhero movies ARE all shit, but seriously no one goes to see them for a life changing deeply existential cinematic experience? 

Its like going to watch Jurassic Park and then disputing the science. STFU and watch the dinosaurs eating people. 

Exactly, but so many Marvel film try to be serious, trying to be edgy like the Dark Knight etc.. which makes them total fails. If they try to be serious at all, they fall flat on their face. 

I would remove Nolan's Batman trilogy from the wider criticism of Marvel. I think he did something interesting with the character......and I wouldn't class Batman as a Superhero. Just a rich vigilante. A higher rent version of the Punisher. 

I've no criticism of Nolans Batman, my criticism is for Marvel trying to make serious storyline and be edgy because the Dark Knight was such a huge success. Batman had no powers, he was a vigilante. Also Nolan is a vastly more talented director than the guys directing Marvel flicks. 

Pacific Rim & Guardians of the Galaxy are both silly fun. Both not trying to be above their station. Big robots fighting monsters, a silly space romp. Aim to achieve what they set out to do. 

When you have nonsense like trying to explore character depth of Thor or something stupid. The whole idea is stupid, so be stupid and don't try to be serious when you're character is Captain America ffs. 

The film has a talking Racoon, Batista and Chris Patt in it. How could it not be fun.  :D

There weren't any "miss" jokes in Airplane .

It is flawless.

Night Crawler - 9 out of 10. Loved it! One of the films of the year easily. Gyllenhall is just perfect in this type of role.

Added bonus was that the ending contained no stupid riverdance at the end or moronic jokes that idiots wet their pants at!...<sips tea>

The film has a talking Racoon, Batista and Chris Patt in it. How could it not be fun.  :D

There weren't any "miss" jokes in Airplane .

It is flawless.

Ah there's a few, like the sing along which pulls out the drip from the sick girl. 

Lost In Translation for me tonight :)

Watched this for the first time and enjoyed it but I can't help but think I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much if I hadn't just been to Tokyo.

I want to go to Tokyo so that's why I enjoyed it! :D
ive walked on that zebra crossing

Just saying like

Did you go up to Starbucks for the obligatory from above photo and not order any coffee?

I didn't

I withdraw my post and am off to commit Hara Kiri for dishonouring the forum

Tbf I was too busy trying to take one of those clever photos with all the people blurred due to motion ( I also failed at that )

Night Crawler - 9 out of 10. Loved it! One of the films of the year easily. Gyllenhall is just perfect in this type of role.

Added bonus was that the ending contained no stupid riverdance at the end or moronic jokes that idiots wet their pants at!...<sips tea>

wind your neck in.

wind your neck in.

I've never known anyone get so angry at other peoples personal taste. :lol:

wind your neck in.

I've never known anyone get so angry at other peoples personal taste. :lol:

Roid rage  :P  :ph34r:

Â