The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I don't think it was that bad, I've seen a lot worse films.

Gets you thinking though how easy it is for that sort of stuff to go on.

If you want to see a decent Pierre Morel movie, watch District B13. Definitely his best work imo.

We watch IAWL every Xmas, along with Bergman's Fanny and Alexander, the first hour or so of which is most wonderfully Christmassy (after which it takes a somewhat darker turn). Possibly my favourite film of all time.

We do the same with IAWL, along with Scrooge (Alistair Sim ofc) they are must-sees of any great Christmas viewing.

I mentioned it in another thread but I really enjoyed the animated move "Despicable Me" The voices are provided by Steve Carrell, Russell Brand, Will Arnett and Jason Segel. The CGI isn't Pixar standard but it's bloody funny, even for adults. I'd imagine if you have kids then they would love it as well.

And these little fellas are just brilliant !

2j1rlfq.jpg

i watch scrooged, home alone, elf and miracle on 34th street more or less every xmas

No "Muppet Christmas Carol"?! :shock:

The-Muppet-Christmas-Caro-001.jpg

BEST XMAS MOVIE EVER.

Gareth has a very good point.

Yep. After "IAWL" and "F&A", "The Muppets Xmas Carol" is my third seasonal choice. Ever better than the Alistair Sim "Scrooge" for some strange reason.

I like Raymond Briggs' "Father Christmas" and "The Snowman", too.

My least favourite urban myth is the one that states that "The Great Escape is always on TV at Christmas". Speaking as a huge Great Escape fan, I can tell you that that is actually very rarely the case. Luckily I have the DVD so it will get a run-out in my house at least. "Hiltz... cooler!"

Always give Billy Bob a watch this time of year too, not really the most child friendly Xmas movie though :mrgreen:

220px-Bad_Santa_film.jpg

"I just can't help it. There's something about the guy that makes me uneasy"

"Well sure. Santa **** someone in the ass..."

Not to mention...

Gin: Look here, get him outta here and I'll go smooth things over with Chipeska, Tell him it was food poisoning or something.

Marcus: What do you mean, get him outta here?

Gin: Take him to the car.

Marcus: In case you didn't notice I'm a motherfucking dwarf, so unless you got a forklift handy, maybe you should lend a hand hmm?

Gin: That figures. You want all kind of set-asides. Special treatment 'cause you're handicapped. You're all the same.

Marcus: Special treatment? I'm 3-foot-****-tall you asshole! It's a matter of physics. Draw me a sketch of how I get him to the car, huh?

Gin: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!

Marcus: Sketch it up, you **** moron. **** Leonardo da Vinci.

Gin: What'd you call me thigh-high?

Marcus: I called you a **** guinea homo from the 15th-****-century, you dickhead!

Gin: I could stick you up my ass, small fry.

Marcus: Yeah? You sure it ain't too sore from last night?

Gin: You got some lip on you midget.

Marcus: yeah? Well these lips were on your wife's pussy last night. Why don't you dust that thing off once in a while? Asshole!

:crylaugh:

Â