The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

When she walked out of the hotel bathroom after he had been abducted up onto the roof. I really felt for him there :)

I'm aware that final sentence can be taken 2 ways.

• Like 3

I like both McAvoy and Mark Strong, is Welcome to the Punch any good, or as bad as it's IMDB rating suggests?

i thought it was ok, offers absolutely nothing new to the genre and isnt flashy or big budget but like you i like both of them are they just about drag it through

it was the mcavoy film i picked out of the 3 that i can remember, that one, the hypnosis one and filth, im guessing that welcome to the punch was probably the poorest out of those 3

• Like 1

When she walked out of the hotel bathroom after he had been abducted up onto the roof. I really felt for him there :)

I'm aware that final sentence can be taken 2 ways.

Only her Hugo Boss Advert can top that film

Going to see Nebraska tonight which I'm really looking forward to because I LOVE Alexander Payne movies!

I know it's a while past but what did you think of it?

I watched it the other day and quite enjoyed it - one or two bits I found particularly amusing ("How long did it take you to drive?").

Edit: I have to say that I'm not a great fan of black and white for the 'effect', though.

Edited by snowychap

Continuing my shameful list of "You haven't seen WHAT?". I ticked Layer Cake off last night. I'll give it a 7. Not a massive Dan Craig fan and Hardy had too small a role. It was fun enough. Gambon stole every scene he was in though and Sienna ... ermahgerd.

Gambon is exceptional in that. In the scene on the roof, Gambon is talking with the HSBC HQ visible in the background. I always wondered whether that was a coincidence or whether it was a nod to the fact he is the voice of the HSBC adverts.

Continuing my shameful list of "You haven't seen WHAT?". I ticked Layer Cake off last night. I'll give it a 7. Not a massive Dan Craig fan and Hardy had too small a role. It was fun enough. Gambon stole every scene he was in though and Sienna ... ermahgerd.

Gambon is exceptional in that. In the scene on the roof, Gambon is talking with the HSBC HQ visible in the background. I always wondered whether that was a coincidence or whether it was a nod to the fact he is the voice of the HSBC adverts.

If there's anyone who thought Gambon was great in Layer Cake (and he was) who hasn't seen him as Albert Spica then do so immediately.

One of THE great screen villains.

Albert_Spica.png

• Like 1

I thought it was shit. Really shit.

I appreciated it, if that makes sense. I could tell that some people would really like it and that is wasn't a bad film.

I just hated every minute of it. Never been so bored.

Â