The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just watched Elysium, absolutely bonkers, crazy, rubbish sci fi garbage, full of plot holes 100% predictable trash....I actually really enjoyed it

If that film was made in the early 90's then geeks like me would love it, I think they set out to make it as cheesy as possible, the bad dude in it was awesome, he provides some glorious moments with his 80's esque one liners

Dead right. And Jodie Foster being bad, delicious.

worst films - 

napoleon dynamite

bruno

spiderman 3

i dont remember thinking crystal skull was that bad whislt i was watching it, then i got home and had a think about it, then i watched it again...

episode 3 is probably the most disappointing film ive ever seen

Edited by villa4europe

Scott pilgrim vs the world is the worst thing ive EVER seen.

Iron man 2, the first hulk movie (the norton one was decent), spiderman 3, and the last pirates of the Caribbean movie were pretty awful cinema experiences.

99% of comedy films are usually woeful as well.

Prisoners

When Keller Dover's daughter and her friend go missing, he takes matters into his own hands as the police pursue multiple leads and the pressure mounts. But just how far will this desperate father go to protect his family?

Just put this on now, its supposed to be a good film.

Oh and by the way, the soundtrack was written by some dude called Thom Yorke

Edited by leemond2008

Hard to say what the worst film is because if its bad i wont watch it. Before Midnight i turned off after half an hour because Ethan Hawke was irritating me so for now thats my worst film, but the first two were good.

Hard to say what the worst film is because if its bad i wont watch it. Before Midnight i turned off after half an hour because Ethan Hawke was irritating me so for now thats my worst film, but the first two were good.

Loved all three and thought the third was a brilliant way to round it all off. The complexities of the relationship shown through fantastically nuanced performances.

An exceptional trilogy.

Anything to do with the number 8, I basically despise.

8's a lucky number if you're Chinese

I HATE the Chinese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really, I'm just keeping up appearances...

Edited by Stevo985

Spiderman 3 is a clear winner. There have been plenty films I've concluded I just don't get or enjoy but still appreciate they're well made and interesting for others ie Field in England Lost in Translation or Mulholland Drive but Spidey 3 is just garbage. Most of the time I avoid films I suspect I'll dislike though so not too many contenders. Napoleon Dynamite actually is another that just irritated me. I also turned off Pong ( i think, table tennis film with chris walken ) as that was horrendous.

Â