The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Even though it didn't spoil my enjoyment, I wasn't convinced by the last five or so minutes. The post apocalypse scenes (although they looked great) seemed rather tacked on and unnecessary.

I agree with that - left me a little bit 'meh' when it finished.

I shall have to watch Four Lions after the recommendations - finished work today so I'll have some spare time.  I've heard people say it's great before, and I know what it's about and think it sounds interesting, but the trailers made me think it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Oblivion

I did not know what to think i liked the visual effects the soundtrack and the plot but i really do not like Tom Cruise and Sci Fi films

He continues to star in them but he's been in some real stinkers over the years

At least it wasn't Will Smith i suppose

I was suprised I enjoyed it as much as I did.

There are a few points in the film where you can guess whats going to happen but considering its 2 hours long I didnt find that I lost interest at any point.

Probably an 8/10

Have you seen Moon and Independence day before?

Oblivion

I did not know what to think i liked the visual effects the soundtrack and the plot but i really do not like Tom Cruise and Sci Fi films

There are a few points in the film where you can guess whats going to happen but considering its 2 hours long I didnt find that I lost interest at any point.

Probably an 8/10

It is extremely similar to both movies 

Why do people speak as if Hot Fuzz is any good? Quite easily one of the least funny movies I've seen in my life. Especially when compared to Shawn of the Dead.

Hot Fuzz is a study on not funny.

Oblivion

Probably an 8/10

Well it's best described as a movie exec watched both those movies back to back and then made Oblivion. There isn't one second of Oblivion that is bordering on original. Combined with Tom Cruise playing the same character fatigue and you got a pile of shit.

To give it some credit, it looks superb. Really looks top notch. But plot is only for the under 25s now.

Why do people speak as if Hot Fuzz is any good? Quite easily one of the least funny movies I've seen in my life. Especially when compared to Shawn of the Dead.

Hot Fuzz is a study on not funny.

you being serious? hot fuzz is hilarious IMO mainly for the 2 andys

• Like 2

vu5jdh6.gif

Err NOT funny!

Neither is karate kicking a granny in the face either.

So there.

hot-fuzz-grandma-kick-o.gif

tumblr_ljkwolUEHI1qgs2ah.gif

tumblr_mp2idmIOCF1r0lc86o1_500.gif

My favourites  :D

Edited by theunderstudy

And agreed on Four Lions. Brilliant film.

tumblr_leu1v0wIID1qcfba3o1_500.gif

tumblr_lpqyyw3w1W1qh57nno1_500.gif

longer-1.gif

The best from that. The last one had me in tears when I watched for the first time

Probably an 8/10

And Wall-e :)

Edited by tonyh29

Â