Are you proud of your country?

wedge

Are you proud of your country?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Are you proud of your country?

• Yes
    • No

^^^Tend to agree.

I'm a bit of a mongrel, being English, Italian and Scottish. I love England, but I really find myself disappointed with some of the rocket polishers that also call themselves English.

True, I suppose I'm more proud of being a Brummie, even more so if that shower of shit from Small Heath didnt exist...

It's a difficult qustion to answer, to be honest.

There are a lot of things about Norway that I'm proud of, and I love living here. In many ways, I think Norway would make a good role model for other countries. So in that respect, I guess you can say I'm proud of my country. I certainly support my country at sporting events, so I can't say I don't feel a sense of nationality.

However, there's something about the phrase 'proud of my country' that doesn't sit right with me. I'm against even the most liberal forms of nationalism, meaning I'm opposed to nation states as the world's political structure. And the things about my country that I'm proud of isn't something that is exclusively Norwegian - they are ideas, such as secularism, humanism and the welfare state, that we've picked up and chose to follow. I find my nationality - a feat I have done nothing to achieve - difficult to be proud of.

So because of my philosophical views, I can't reall vote 'yes', but I can't say a definite 'no' either as I'm certainly not ashamed of my country and in a way I am quite fond of it.

No, Ireland is full of greedy, selfish cowards and we deserve the the fate we are about to suffer.

I go to Northern Ireland every year for a few weeks to meet up with old mates and I **** love that place.

Its a toss up between there and New Zeland as to where I settle down when Im a bit older.

Ireland... Proud....?

You gotta be **** joking me, 15 years ago yes but experiencing the "Celtic Tiger" then leaving to watch the mess unravell from a far, love the Island but a large percentage of the population are cocks, morons and pussies.

I couldn't agree more. **** cowards, the whole country is now full of cowards. The people who got us out of the 80's would be dismayed by the disgrace we have become.

Â