Are you proud of your country?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Are you proud of your country?

• Yes
    • No

There are a lot of things about Norway that I'm proud of

Norway holds the record for the most nil points in the Eurovision song contest

is this one of them :-)

As the Eurovision song contest is basically a load of crap, I'm certainly not ashamed :)

Ireland... Proud....?

You gotta be **** joking me, 15 years ago yes but experiencing the "Celtic Tiger" then leaving to watch the mess unravell from a far, love the Island but a large percentage of the population are cocks, morons and pussies.

I couldn't agree more. **** cowards, the whole country is now full of cowards. The people who got us out of the 80's would be dismayed by the disgrace we have become.

I'm just curious as to why you think so many of your fellow Irishmen are '**** cowards'? This isn't rhetoric or anything, I'm just genuinly curious about this as Ireland is one of my favourite places in the whole world (of course it is, me being a keen golfer and Guiness being my favourite drink).

My only problem with Ireland so far is your 'no' in the Treaty referendum, really.

Ireland isn't crap its just the Pols and the big cheeses in media and business that annoy. I suppose i like it its ok. i've been coming and going from Brum a while now, and comparing to there i think in Ireland we're more nervy about the recession for obvious reasons.

I'm just curious as to why you think so many of your fellow Irishmen are '**** cowards'? This isn't rhetoric or anything, I'm just genuinly curious about this as Ireland is one of my favourite places in the whole world (of course it is, me being a keen golfer and Guiness being my favourite drink).

My only problem with Ireland so far is your 'no' in the Treaty referendum, really.

We used to be very poor, we then in the 80's worked together and made hard decisions and made sacrafices to build a better future. We need to do that again, but we are not the same people, the wealth has made us selfish and greedy and nobody is willing to give up anything for the greater good like we did before.

The Lisbon treaty was an example, people didn't vote yes because they didn't think we were getting anything like the money the Mastricht treaty got us. The view we've got all we can from the EU, we sure as hell ain't going to contribute anything.

Ireland is full of greedy cowards now. We're a changed people, it disgusts me.

I am in love with Ireland over that decision

I'm just hoping they have the courage of their convictions to vote NO a second time , though of course they shouldn't have to go through a second vote

No means NO ..

I'm just hoping they have the courage of their convictions to vote NO a second time , though of course they shouldn't have to go through a second vote

No means NO ..

Shut up talking about something you know nothing about. If Irish people voted in England the conservatives wouldn't win a single seat. We may be cowards and greedy, but we're very pro Europe and when we vote again for Lisbon it'll be a landslide yes. The recession has woken people up and they realise we need Europe more than they need us.

No means NO ..

Shut up talking about something you know nothing about. If Irish people voted in England the conservatives wouldn't win a single seat. We may be cowards and greedy, but we're very pro Europe and when we vote again for Lisbon it'll be a landslide yes. The recession has woken people up and they realise we need Europe more than they need us.

Screw Europe, all this One World crap is going to bring about the end of it.

Shut up talking about something you know nothing about.

funny you've been on here all day long and i've read your stuff and been courteous , i think the least you could do is offer the same courtesy ..

what is it about some VT people that think they are always right and feel the need to try and talk people down ?

If Irish people voted in England the conservatives wouldn't win a single seat.

A lot of Irish people do vote in England ..and the conservatives have lots of seats

but we're very pro Europe

that will be why the No vote won then ... :?

We used to be very poor, we then in the 80's worked together and made hard decisions and made sacrafices to build a better future.
Can you point out these hard decisions and sacrifices - seem to have passed me by.

Ireland is full of greedy cowards now. We're a changed people, it disgusts me.
Indeed it is.

Tony, you're right. I'm sorry for being rude.

I just am touchie with Conservatives being proud and happy that Ireland voted no, as if we agree with them and it's proof of their philosophies on Europe. When the facts are people voted no because they didn't understand it. Because Declan Ganley, on the Conservatives pay role spread lies and confused people here.

Bottom line is if a pary ran for election here on the conservatives policies and beliefs they wouldn't win a single seat. Ask any Irish person if he or she is pro Europe, almost every one would say yes.

Because Declan Ganley, on the Conservatives pay role spread lies and confused people here.
So all the parties were for it (apart from gerry and the boys) and one bloke, by himself, and with a few quid, and a few ads in the papers, managed to convince 50% of the electorate that the powers that be were wrong. Amusing.

Proud to be Irish, proud of my country.

Who despite only having a population of just under 4 million, has continued to make waves in the arts, literature and popular culture worldwide.

Not at all proud of the present government and the parasites they have pandered to for far too long.

But I make the distinction between them and the rest.

You were expecting?

(though I've long been of the opinion that love of one's country has to be earned and not demanded)

It's actually interesting how much in common that song and Born in the USA (released that same year) have... "God Bless the USA" isn't as jingoistic as some take it (compare it to the tripe from Toby Keith and you kinda see what I'm getting at), and "Born in the USA" is likewise nowhere near as pessimistic. Both are rooted in the effective eradication of the traditional working class in the USA during the '80s, with one being more urban, the other more rural. Both are also a bit influenced, IMO, by Pink Houses.

And to be honest, any of the three would make a better anthem than the current one. They all have a certain quality of pointing out flaws from a position of love that just seems proper, a truer expression of love or something like that.

Â