Are you proud of your country?

wedge

Are you proud of your country?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Are you proud of your country?

• Yes
    • No

Well, I am happy and I am usually quite pride at Israel. I know this is not too popular thought at the moment, but when I look back and see where we are after only 60 years, it makes me feel proud of the ones built this country (this starts with David Ben Gurion and includes even my grandparents who took part in all that happened since 1948).

I agree - there are no flawless countries and Israel have had its share, but all in all - I think we did quite well. As most of you (especially the Irish), I am not too fond of what happened here in recent years (leave geopolitical issues aside, as this is a whole different debate). We are shifting towards the American model of "you are respected according to the thickness of your wallet" and this depresses me.

I don't know what I feel anymore, I'm not even sure what I'm allowed to feel anymore, I'm so **** disillusioned as to the way this country is being run nowadays.

If I had the opportunity and the money I'd emigrate for sure.

Guest Ricardomeister

I am very proud to be English......although maybe part of that is just relief that I am not French.....or German........or Scottish......or Welsh.........or American.......or Australian! :winkold: :lol:

Our language dominates
I would guess that thanks to the internet it is american that is the dominant language, not english - though both really owe plenty to the italians
our music is played everywhere.
Again the american influence is strongly evident
our political institutions are copied
And again institutions that were copied from the romans.

American English is still English.And the English language has dominated a lot longer than the internet has been around.The Anglo Saxon Language has diddly squat to do with Italy, far more influence from France via the Norman conquest.True the American influence in music is strong. I thought we were talking about England though ? The Parliamentary system has far less in common with the Romans than the American system , no Senate here.If you want confirmation of Britains influence on the world in comparison to its size, simply look at the USA . our cousins across the pond may have gone their separate way after that family argument 233 years ago, but when I'm in the States boy do I feel at home.

Ireland... Proud....?

You gotta be **** joking me, 15 years ago yes but experiencing the "Celtic Tiger" then leaving to watch the mess unravell from a far, love the Island but a large percentage of the population are cocks, morons and pussies.

To explain the three adjetives in my post -

Cocks: Bit of money gets thrown about and suddenly everyone is trying to out do each other with the biggest car, nicest holiday, flashiest designer clothes. Anyone with the misfortune of attending a "Holy Communion" in the last decade will know what I mean. Back in my time "mid 80's" it was all about the kids, recently it's been all about which parent hired the largest limo or biggest bouncing castle.

Morons: Yeah, the um majority who voted for Bertie in the last election somehow managing to convince themselves that despite the overwhelming evidence he was a corrupt little crook, and the same fucktards will probably make him president in the next election. Right to Vote should be recinded. Secondly the property ladder. I really regret not having established an elaborate pyramid scheme in Ireland during the boom cause most people seem to love drinking the koolade, including those firends of mine who despite my best advice had to splunk out 450k on one-bedroom apartments in shit areas surrounded by heroin infested flats, cause they HAD to get on "the property ladder" before it was too late.

Pussies: Everyone in Ireland loves to complain, shops inflating their prices? Lets have a good moan. Pubs ripping us off? Moan. Will we do anything about it? Will we ****? Perfect contrast anybody does anything in France and the people take to the streets in protest. If the Irish are bigger pussies than the French something is seriously wrong in the world.

so its only in Ireland that this goes is it?..i think you'll find in most countrys that the above is the case when money lands on your door..if your were to ask me if im proud of my counrty id say,yes and i always will be..its my home and and i love it..just because times have gotten a little harder people are pissed off..

Â