World of Warcraft

The_Rev

12 hours ago, Risso said:

The class hall is a big, public garrison isn't it?

There are a few similarities (sending out troops to do quests etc) but it's nowhere near as time consuming, and way less invasive compared to Garrisons. I think Blizz have learnt their lesson on that one.

By the way, have you got the Legion App yet? Makes things easier once you have a few champions in your hall as you can send them on missions via your phone and then pick up the rewards when you log in.

companion-app-header.jpg

Edited by Designer1

Up to L105 now Si, and it's a decent expansion, and miles better than the last terrible one.

I don't think it's up to the standard of a few of the others though, which I'd place in this order:

1) WOTLK

2) Mists of Pandaria

3) Cataclysm

4) Burning Crusade

5) Legion

6) (and last by a long, long way) Warlords of Draenor

It's good to see lots of players around the world, and I've already encountered a bit of World PvP, which the godawful Garrisons effectively removed from the last one.  The new map, is nice and well designed, but there doesn't seem to be anything particularly new and exciting to hang your hat on, other than the class halls and artifacts which are good.

And another moan about the Enhancemant Shaman.  No totems, no shocks, no fire elemental.  It's fine for levelling up, but it's just not recognisably a shaman build any more, and all the fun bits have been taken away in favour  of just mashing about 3 buttons for various melee attacks.  It'd be like taking DOTs away from warlocks or pets away from hunters.

I just can't be bothered to do all the same q's again with a different class, which is why I've never had a proper alt in over ten years!

56 minutes ago, Risso said:

110 now Si.  Just need to get to Friendly with a couple of factions then I think the world Qs get switched on.

Yeah, I dinged 110 myself earlier on my second toon (the DK) and he's in exactly the same position. He needs Suramar and Stormheim rep.

Incidentally, I've been sending you loads of messages the last few days on chat asking if you wanted to group up and you either a] haven't seen them or b] have been blatantly avoiding me :D

21 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, I dinged 110 myself earlier on my second toon (the DK) and he's in exactly the same position. He needs Suramar and Stormheim rep.

Incidentally, I've been sending you loads of messages the last few days on chat asking if you wanted to group up and you either a] haven't seen them or b] have been blatantly avoiding me :D

Ah bugger, honestly haven't seen them!  They are the two reps I need as well, so when you're on let's get them.

• 1 month later...

I bought Legion, but discovered my old mac can't run it. But there's this gaming cafe down the road with high powered computers, so I've finally gotten to experience the game properly, and it's really cool. the difference is tinting my outlook on things, but w/e, it's fun. I'm close to 102 on my hunter, I'm sticking with MM. really enjoying the skill animations and the 2 zones I've seen so far are fantastic. i feel like the chains of WoD are off. I don't care about the dumb story, I just like exploring the world and killing stuff. Some 102 horde ganked me at a quest giver, so I ganked him back. good times.

Edited by maqroll

The thing that they've absolutely nailed this expansion is they've created an environment with so much to do. I've logged in pretty much every day since launch and there's always so much to do, it's overwhelming. They've removed the 'raid or nothing else' philosophy and you're just able to get on with hundreds of things. I really like the fact that you really need to concentrate on one character and not just focus on levelling alts just to pass the time. Very smart move with the world quests. The legendary hunting is great too, really makes all the work you put in feel rewarding when one drops and they're delivering constant, good quality content - instead of one huge one every 4 months or so. They've listened and the expansion is proving a huge success so far.

Edited by nobler
  • Like 1

Yes, it's the polar opposite of the last expansion.  It feels so much more sociable as loads of people do the world quests.  The only thing wrong with it that I've noticed is that some of the q's require you to mythics (eg Arcway) that you can't do in LFR, so it's impossible to get a group for.

I'm looking for some people to do the Suramar mythic dungeons with if you fancy grouping up. I'm off work from Wed to Sat so should be available then. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing how the story pans out in that zone.

On 11/14/2016 at 09:06, nobler said:

I'm looking for some people to do the Suramar mythic dungeons with if you fancy grouping up. I'm off work from Wed to Sat so should be available then. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing how the story pans out in that zone.

Absolutely I do.  I only need Nightfallen Rep now so I can get the last bit of the Pathfinder achievement, which is required for flying in the next patch.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Anyone still playing this? Is the game dead yet?

I'm still dipping in and out.  It's still a good game with some good content, but from the point of view of doing things with people you know it just isn't the game it was, not even close.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Risso said:

I'm still dipping in and out.  It's still a good game with some good content, but from the point of view of doing things with people you know it just isn't the game it was, not even close.

I leveled my hunter halfway through the last expansion about a tear ago now, I think. I'd go to a gaming lounge to do it. I'd probably still mess around with it if I had it on my desktop, but I don't, so it's probably a good thing. If it still felt exciting like Wrath of the Lich King days, I'd play. But those days aren't coming back.

• 5 weeks later...
On 25/01/2018 at 10:02, Risso said:

Very true.

However, I’m back in the game. SamisNotdead.  Feel free to boost me. Also,still got my inappropriately name lock Tnuc....

• 5 months later...

I've been on my longest streak away from the game ( 1 year and half years) and i seem to always get pulled back in when a new expansion comes out. Legion wasn't a bad expansion, but i have been playing since Vanilla and was feeling burnt out. Feeling pretty good about this one.

Â