World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Logged on last night. Meh.

Classic for me   -  long-haul ftw.

It had a different type of player  - which was half the experience. Dashers ftw

• 1 month later...

I believe most of us are still in a guild called 'DarkBlade' despite being inactive for years. I suppose that's what The Dashers evolved into. 

Someone with an active account should log in and see if any of them have plans to reroll on Wow Classic. Coordinate on which server etc

I've had a go on the Battle for Azeroth expansion, and it's really good.  Decent maps, good varied quests and so on.  There's been a big patch in the last couple of weeks, and they've released a couple of new areas.  One, Nazjatar, a sort of dry under-sea area is terrible.  Really difficult and arduous to travel around, and awful quests.  I've got a few days left of subscription time though, so I'll see if Noctus is on and ask him what he's doing for it.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like there's only 2 PvP servers to choose from: Golemagg or Shazzrah. I might have a little go on Shazzrah, if the game works on my laptop.

Not expecting to play for two solid years this time though!

Well, looks like a bunch of my old Guild-mates are rolling classic on the 27th, and I'll be there for a bit of nostalgia....  looks like Shazzrah has got the guild vote.

Not going to buy playtime or roll a character til then, I'll post it's name here. -

I think half the fun of the game was really it was just a glorified msn chat.  It was my guild job to ensure the kids were playing nicely, sooth arguments, kick arseholes. Some weekends I'd get in from work at about 6:00pm, log in, and I;d be on more or less all weekend including too many overnights. Often never even moving the toon, just chatting, managing the guild....

It's the social things you remember - I think Ed had a mate who joined in the game with his gf, both I think, joined our guild briefly,  she had an in game friend who followed and joined our guild. She got on socially with the Guild Leader and ended up dating, getting married, moving to Italy and have a fast growing child! They're still together today.  And my sister... I used to speak to my sister more in WoW than I ever did in real life! 

Crazy really...

Happened in our guild too.  A girl from Norway moved over to Yorkshire to shack up with one of the lads in the guild, Dan.  Not sure if they're married but they're definitely still together, after several years.

Less happily, one of the lads in our guild rode his mountain bike down a crevasse in Wales and died.

It would be awesome to get everybody who played from VT back, even if just for one day.

Who died?

And Juju, that IRL mate of mine lost his girlfriend to someone that she met in-game!

In terms of the guild, I just watched some old videos and noted the following: Shack, Noctus, Lierox, Gulthrak, Gone, Shyrah, Reef, Arcasis, Zahrgoth, Vasha, Xai, Caitlynn, Calibretto, Rubberducker, Gorthauer, Sakriligeum, Drekthul, Nighteye, Gaiana.

Honourable mention for Viskahn.

Surely a few of them fancy coming back? Just a matter of finding them...

On 16/08/2019 at 18:56, ED said:

Who died?

And Juju, that IRL mate of mine lost his girlfriend to someone that she met in-game!

In terms of the guild, I just watched some old videos and noted the following: Shack, Noctus, Lierox, Gulthrak, Gone, Shyrah, Reef, Arcasis, Zahrgoth, Vasha, Xai, Caitlynn, Calibretto, Rubberducker, Gorthauer, Sakriligeum, Drekthul, Nighteye, Gaiana.

Honourable mention for Viskahn.

Surely a few of them fancy coming back? Just a matter of finding them...

It was a lad who was in the guild the remaining Dashers joined after it disbanded.  Brotherhood of the Skull.  Can't recall his name unfortunately.

A few of those you mention are in a guild called Darkblade on Tarren Mill.

Weird how everybody scattered, isn't it?   Mugs and Scoobs are still together living in Harrogate.  I still say hi to Mugs from time to time on Instagram but had to unfollow Scoobs as he kept retweeting Piers Morgan.   I think Zahrgoth had a kid this year. Noctus has a genuine ZZ Top beard.  

Well, I started logging in at 8:38.  its now 21:18 and I'm 6693 in the queue,  est 138m wait...  They really messed up the launch....   First there were going to be 2 English European pvp servers. They added more frantically at character creation. Now theres  I guess a dozen English pvp, and people are waiting hours to get in - all populations high already. The forums are in meltdown....

Same old same old. and I bet the servers laggy as well...

I've decided to give this a miss for now. My friend who has started playing has been in the queue since 6PM and is still in the queue. Think i've made the right decision.

Ragnaros down within a week of Classic launching. Seems a bit much claiming it as a "world first" when most people in this thread killed him at least a dozen times back in the days when we all still liked Randy Lerner, but still a notable achievement. 

• Like 1

Just chatted to Dan (Scoobs) who said he and Noctus have started up a guild on Razorgore. Might spend a tenner and check in over the weekend, see who else is on there.

• 1 month later...

I'm in.

Razorgore. Some of the old crowd are about as alluded to previously.

I 'speak' to Scoobs and Mugs on occasion, Gul, Noc, Zahr, Drek - even Fluffy!

Perhaps we should restart the Dashers...

• 2 weeks later...
Â