World of Warcraft

The_Rev

• 1 month later...

Get involved ladies! I have a 60 now but happy to level up my healer as a main if anyone wants to level with me and Isdead.

Risso's kids must be at university now, so no excuses!

It was the best game ever back in the day.  Every time I resub I end up getting Mrs Nayson pregnant, and if that happens again we've got to move to a bigger house and I can't afford that right now😶

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, The_Rev said:

It was the best game ever back in the day.  Every time I resub I end up getting Mrs Nayson pregnant, and if that happens again we've got to move to a bigger house and I can't afford that right now😶

Basically, WOW gets you going?

And I thought my Liz Truss fetish was odd.

I think it's a subconscious reaction to being called a virgin by somebody in this thread because I played WoW ages ago.  I can't just say I've just got my leg over in case they don't believe me, I've got to prove it by having a pregnant lady on my arm.  Bloody expensive game, I tells ya. 

• Haha 1

On 26/11/2019 at 21:42, The_Rev said:

Ninjacoll (and I think Shadowninja) are on the server, playing rogues of course... The former said it was good to see me and asked if you were playing too!

• 8 months later...

626 pages and no bump since last year!

Anybody still playing or playing anything similar?

Just had a scan through the first few pages of this thread. Oh how I wish I was around when this game was just taking off and was part of some of the fun you guys had.

• 2 months later...
On 25/10/2020 at 07:55, KenjiOgiwara said:

Did anyone retry classic? Must admit I haven't, and probably won't, but reading through this thread cracks me up at times. Great memories that game. 

The nostalgia wore off very quick... then I returned to retail and realized how much easier it was.

Since Shadowlands pre-patch arrived a couple of weeks ago now there's been a level squish (characters at cap before which was 120 are now level 50). When the actual expansion lands you will be able to level up to 60. Anyway, back to my point... you can level 1-50 in about 14 hours now. Crazy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was reading a Reddit thread about WoW and it got me thinking back at stuff I had totally forgotten. There were experiences in that game which were far beyond anything I've experienced in any computer game ever. 

1) Remember walking out in Deathknell. Were told by you lot that started a bit before me, Simon and Nays I guess, how to add VT group chat and find a friend in game. So after stumbling out of the crypts and just clicking on everything I was sucked into it. I'm not sure how I ended up in Brill, but remember meeting Nayson there and thinking it was the biggest fecking city I had ever seen in any game ever. 

2) Scarlet Monastery beat me up a fair few times. Nuff said. 

3) Son of Arugal. I was quite close to shitting myself running into that bloke.

4) First time meeting an Alliance in Stonetalon (I think) or whatever it was called. I vividly remember exactly how it looked and where I was when I killed him. 

5) Getting Shadowform. 

6) Walking into areas I suspected were okay and friendly and they were filled with ?? elites who just handed my arse to me. That kind of stuff made me laugh so much in this game. 

7) Seeing a raid kitted Tauren tank. I remember thinking I had picked the gayest hero ever. Flower picking skirt wearing priest with yellow long hair. Even my offhand was a bouquet of flowers.

8 ) 40 man raids. It was shit at times for sure. But there was something magical about 40 strangers do everything down to a tee, to kill off something **** huge. I enjoyed the raids. 

9) Randomly joining people to kill off Emerald Dragons. 

10) The PvP. 

Reflecting on stuff, it sure was a lot of very cool stuff in that game. The people made it what it was, but the levelling experience sure was a god damn treat as well. 

• Like 2

Â