World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Haven't played since mid WotLK but recently re-subbed after some friends convinced me. Don't have the time for raiding anymore so figured I'd get back in to pvp. What happened!? Russian premades, HUGE faction imbalance (current 3v3 representation 98.4% Alliance!?), new talents which either seem to be spells that should be baseline anyway or are just more cooldowns, so called 'ability pruning' which if anything appears to have got rid of useful spells and created more useless ones (38 keybinds on my DK before PVP macros and pet management), and then there's Ashran.. which is now essentially mandatory in order to get Versatility gear, which are also now RNG drops from a weekly quest so I could be waiting the entire season to get BiS items.

I've put the effort in to max level a few of my characters now so i may as well play for this season but I can't see me sticking it out for too long.

Haven't played since mid WotLK but recently re-subbed after some friends convinced me. Don't have the time for raiding anymore so figured I'd get back in to pvp. What happened!? Russian premades, HUGE faction imbalance (current 3v3 representation 98.4% Alliance!?), new talents which either seem to be spells that should be baseline anyway or are just more cooldowns, so called 'ability pruning' which if anything appears to have got rid of useful spells and created more useless ones (38 keybinds on my DK before PVP macros and pet management), and then there's Ashran.. which is now essentially mandatory in order to get Versatility gear, which are also now RNG drops from a weekly quest so I could be waiting the entire season to get BiS items.

I've put the effort in to max level a few of my characters now so i may as well play for this season but I can't see me sticking it out for too long.

I haven't done any Arena pvp stuff for years now, since me and Si "tore up" the place (ahem) as a resto shammy and MS Warrior.  Is it not cross realm now like dungeons and raids.  There's very little real world PvP on our server as it's almost 100% Horde.  Don't think I've seen more than 3 allies since the last expansion came out.

The latest patch is out now, which has finally opened up Tanaan Jungle on the map (underwhelming) and added a whole new naval element to the garrison (ie, trying to get people to spend even less time outside their garrison).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still playing but not to the degree I was....spending 8 hours in a raid.

Logging on mainly to do Garrison stuff and guild raids when I am not in work.

I'm using my Horde toons to create gold to pay for my tokens.....not paid for my sub since the tokens when live on the AH.

Alliance characters for doing the gaming part. Lvling alts from time to time.

Currently with 3 Alliance 100s, 3 Horde 100s.....and no life.

I remember when this game was actually a fun, interesting and a social MMORPG game. Today it's a very boring single player game, what brought me into WoW in the first place has now been completely removed by Blizzard. Such a shame.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

It's that time of the week again, conquest cap has reset and I'm in the queue for Ashran, currently at 47 minute wait. I genuinely get the feeling Blizz are trying to kill off the PvP community, why else would they torture us like this!? Although in slightly good news they've seen a little sense and put some of the off-set versatility pieces back on the vendor.

The garrison stuff doesn't bother me too much, because I just don't do it. I'm only playing PvP at the moment and besides titles from the Glad Sanctum there's not a lot else rewards-wise for me to bother with my garrison, and I make a lot of gold selling transmog gear so I don't even need my garrison for that.

Edited by Delphouneso

One thing I will give Blizzard some credit for actually, having levelled a few of my old toons up to 100 now both Horde and Alliance, WoD questing is brilliant, probably the part of the game I've enjoyed most since returning.

I've re-subbed for a month as some of the old guildies are making a comeback. I don't recognise the game anymore (well I have been missing for 6yrs +). I had fun getting my old toons back as they had been 'stolen' and linked to another account selling gold, but fair play to Blizz they sorted it out pretty quite.

Wrath was when it was (for me anyway) at it's best, it's most social and community based. Since MoP, I just feel cold and totally removed from any feeling of community.

Cross realm, and LFG/LFR destroyed the game, among many other things, of course...

Pre-BC was the game at its best for me, about the time they rolled in the first major talent tree overhaul prior to the expansion's release. No flying mounts and Wolrd PvP was still very active. I returned for Wrath and Cataclysm (and played a trial of MoP) but it never really did anything for me.

• Like 2

I couldn't count the amount of hours/ kills i got at those 3 flags in Hellfire Peninsula during BC. Those were the some of the best times in WoW for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's too late really, they have been trying to make the movie for seven or eight years (possibly longer) and I think they have missed the boat both in terms of WoW's popularity and Tolkien derivatives. It will probably make it's money back but I don't think it's going to be a massive blockbuster.   I'm not sure about the art direction either, the cartoonishness of the orcs clashes with the live action humans. 

• 1 month later...

I resubbed the other day, cuz I had a few nights in a row with nothing to do. I decided to level my monk who I'd left off at 90. I'm 93 now, questing as Windwalker, and healing dungeons. The healing thing is still pretty foreign to me, but I'm viewing it as a challenge. The first one I ran the tank said I was a great healer, the second one I ran, I barely kept everyone alive, it was a complete shitshow. But I am enjoying it, which is nice. When I ding 100, I'll unsub again. But it's always good to check in on Azeroth. I took my 100 Alliance hunter up to the Hinterlands, just for the atmosphere. I saw a Horde warlock and helped him with a quest. 

Edited by maqroll

• 4 weeks later...
Â